Another incident with black men getting shot by police

Drowsy Emperor

The right to bear arms works bad in a lot of ways:

The populace is armed, so criminals need to be armed. Coming from a country where barely anyone has a gun (the Netherlands), the criminals are rarely armed. And if any shootings occur, in 90% of the cases it's criminal on criminal violence.

Oh really?

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2012/12/30/dutch-shooting-rampages-becoming-common-despite-gun-control/

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/netherlands

Doesn't compare. As soon as you use your gun anywhere but a gun range you're breaking the law. You're only allowed to keep your gun in a safe. There's rigorous mental screening before you get a permit to have a gun in a safe in your house (and I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that even the room in which the safe is housed needs to be locked).

And that first article: LOOOOL. 

Two shootings --> becoming more common.

Seriously? It also confirms what I already stated: most shootings are criminal on crimal. 

There's only two instances I recall that weren't so: someone who had a gun permit but then lost his mind and went on a killing spree in a shopping centre. And a jeweller that had been robbed before, illegally purchased a gun and then shot two new assailants in the back after they ran. 

There are exceptions of course, forest rangers (or however it's called in English... those guys that take care of the woods) are allowed to carry guns, because it's part of their job to kill sick or wounded animals. But that's about it.

Edited by Psychevore

"Only through the elimination of violence will we achieve world peace" - Miami Connection

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The right to bear arms works bad in a lot of ways:

The populace is armed, so criminals need to be armed. Coming from a country where barely anyone has a gun (the Netherlands), the criminals are rarely armed. And if any shootings occur, in 90% of the cases it's criminal on criminal violence.

Because the populace is armed and the crimals are armed too, the cops are always under threat.

Add to that obvious lingering racism in the USA, and you get this.

Is there a fix for this? No, I don't think so.

Overthrow your monarchy, then perhaps I'll take you seriously.