nachos

salsa(s)

baked beans

sloppy joes

chili

vegan chili

potato skins

lasagna (half with meat and half w/o)

we let other folks bring stuff, but the aforementioned is our traditional super bowl spread.

last year we had a woman make a weird comment regarding our super bowl menu: "its so normal."  she seemed rather disappointed that the food we offered were the same kinda stuff you could get at a local bar.  our reputation took a hit in her eyes.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am looking at the mountain o' dishes in our kitchen. *sniffle* were that a tear that leaked out o' the corner o' our eye as we contemplated the cleaning task that now lay ahead o' us?

our housekeeper comes on thursday. we could leave this mess til then, no? no.

@#$%

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

sadly, the dishes and kitchen is now clean... finally.  maybe we call you up after easter, but we woulds need negotiate the "smoke a set of rears" request.  perhaps bring a pair o' these with you?

HA! Good Fun!

No doubt, rubbers aren't cheap. There was one time I came this close to acquiring a worn-out left-rear from a Ferrari Enzo. I happened to be in downtown Salt Lake City when I saw that car being driven on the streets, right into the dealer service area--so I parked, told my girlfriend to walk home,* and went up to the sidewalk in front of the garage. For an hour, I lurked outside while they fiddled with that car, raising the engine hood, tuning it and testing it while making the most glorious noise, and fitting new tires. I actually had the nerve to approach Mr. Losee and offer to buy one of the old now-slick tires. He politely declined, citing availability, and I thanked him anyway for driving the balls out of such a rare machine. Less than 350 were ever made. 

* no, not really, of course I would never be rude to a female. I called her a taxi. 

Oh, right, I'm being told Ferrari built an additional fifty after demand for the Enzo far-surpassed the original production plan of only 349 units. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

we will be eating sloppy joes and veggie chili for at least a few more days.  is another drawback to super bowl parties as we needs eat leftovers for almost a week afterwards.  we like sloppy joes, but am not a fan o' veggie... anything? even our salads (caesar being an exception... unless you count anchovies) have meat in them if we can manage it.  pretty much all the other foods we made for sunday is gone, so sloppy joes and veggie chili monday, tuesday, wednesday and maybe even thursaday?

HA! Good Fun!

Late night snack/meal: can of Chef Boyardee "spaghetti & meatballs" (a very loose term in this case) w/a dash of habanero salsa. Livin' lazy large!**

**ran out of the other EZ but more sensible, foodstuffs...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

we will be eating sloppy joes and veggie chili for at least a few more days.  is another drawback to super bowl parties as we needs eat leftovers for almost a week afterwards.  we like sloppy joes, but am not a fan o' veggie... anything? even our salads (caesar being an exception... unless you count anchovies) have meat in them if we can manage it.  pretty much all the other foods we made for sunday is gone, so sloppy joes and veggie chili monday, tuesday, wednesday and maybe even thursaday?

HA! Good Fun!

Hard to be sure without being in your kichen, but couldn't you simply combine the two and get something pretty close to a non-veggie chili? 

Made jambalaya for lunch and chicken marsala for dinner

My wife suggested that I cook whatever I want for the week and then freeze/refrigerate it but I have a hard time with that as I like my meals freshly cooked. Leftovers are fine and often quite tasty the next day but making Thursday's lunch on Sunday is a bit of a stretch. I guess I'm just weird like that but since I do the vast majority (all) of the cooking it works out.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

After not doing it much for a long time, I've gone back to wanting/making my "pizza thingies." Simple and the oven warms up the winter kitchen a bit. So I'm eating a couple for lunch now.

I'm not much into salsa's (especially canned/bottled ones) but I do like them in tomato-based sauces for a bit o' flavor. Like pizza sauce. So I tried this one recently (MrsRenfro is a decent brand), and I thought a tablespoon or so in my tupperware of sauce would be fine. And it is. But it's a bit hotter than I intended, for pizza, so next time ... a bit less. :lol:

7087608-origpic-8b436d.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After not doing it much for a long time, I've gone back to wanting/making my "pizza thingies." Simple and the oven warms up the winter kitchen a bit. So I'm eating a couple for lunch now.

I'm not much into salsa's (especially canned/bottled ones) but I do like them in tomato-based sauces for a bit o' flavor. Like pizza sauce. So I tried this one recently (MrsRenfro is a decent brand), and I thought a tablespoon or so in my tupperware of sauce would be fine. And it is. But it's a bit hotter than I intended, for pizza, so next time ... a bit less. :lol:

we always make our own salsa and tomato sauces.  'course, we also make our own mayonnaise, so is possible that we ain't typical. however, we will note that we always have a jar o' these in our refrigerator:

8118oSOVBzL._SY679_.jpg

mrs. renfero's jar jalapenos is our favorite brand.

HA! Good Fun!

I was going to Kroger on my way home from the feed store. I asked Lady GD what she wanted for dinner. She said she wanted some really good spaghetti. So I bought all the ingredients and one other thing; a big can of Chef Boy Ardee crappy canned spaghetti. When I got home I put all the stuff away except that can. I put it on the stove next to a pot.

When she got home I watched from the hallway. The look on her face was everything I could have hoped for. Now THAT was funny!

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@Gromnir - oohhhh, I didn't know they did sliced jalapeno's. The two stores near here ever only carry a few varieties of MrsRenfros at a time (each store different ones of course, sigh). Never seen the jalapeno's. I've love to try some. I mostly buy the Mezzetta "hot" ones because for our typical grocery condiment aisle I like those best for cooking with. Hubby likes the La Costena canned whole ones in the Mexican food aisle because they're the sorta similar to the ones from the taco trucks.

Okay I am about to snack on something utterly decadent and delicious...3 year old Cheddar cheese.

It taste heavenly, its has  a very nutty  rich taste that permeates even small pieces. The real question is " what do you eat it with" and even though ideas like Hamburgers or toasted cheese may sound delectable the best way to eat it is plain on a good biscuit that complements the taste and a little onion marmalade that  you spread on the biscuit.

The only thing that would taste better is 4, 5 year  or even older Cheddar. But I have only ever eaten 3 year old Cheddar. So I can only imagine what older Cheddars must taste like  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We have this pizza franchise in South Africa called Andicious 24 which is a 24 hour pizza takeaway but you have to choose your own ingredients. This can be a little daunting as its possible to pick toppings which neutralize each other...take a look at the menu, its quite exciting. 

http://www.andiccio24.co.za/a24-menu.html

Sometimes I get pizza from them, last night I selected these ingredients

• Mozzarella
  • Gorgonzola
  • Chillies
  • Roasted Garlic
  • Pesto
  • Bacon
  • Chourico
  • Pepperoni
  • Egg
  • Bananas
  • Jalapenos
  • Mushrooms  

It could have been a disaster but it really worked  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I had a pizza with eggs on it once, actually the last time I was in Vegas. They were over easy and they spread them over the pizza at your table

It was different

PS Dinner last night was a mushroom risotto and tonight is Dr Pepper

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

You had me at eggs, I would leave the bananas and mushrooms, is all. Otherwise, man, I wish there was a place like that here.

Yeah its a brilliant idea especially if you are the experimental type like me 

John Milton 

I had some sausage with juniper berries in it a long while back and lately I've been craving more or at least something similar. Problem is I have no idea what it was called or even what exactly was in it, I think the meat was something gamey but what exactly it was I couldn't say

I had some sausage with juniper berries in it a long while back and lately I've been craving more or at least something similar. Problem is I have no idea what it was called or even what exactly was in it, I think the meat was something gamey but what exactly it was I couldn't say

venison is likely. juniper berries is a traditional ingredient in venison sausage.  is typical to grind equal parts pork and venison (or 1/2 venison, 1/4 pork and 1/4 beef.  veal is typical too mild for venison sausage.) then add salt, pepper, garlic, dried juniper berries and a bit o' sugar... need hog casings and water too. some folks add sage or thyme, but am not seeing as necessary.  you want thyme or sage?  then build a sauce or braising liquid with such stuff.

hot smoke the sausages... then use however you like your sausage.  we typical braise in a red wine... again add juniper berries and whatever strikes our fancy.

had a friend try and tell us that bear meat works well... tasted vile.  juniper does Not compliment bear, though am not a fan o' bear regardless.  perhaps marjoram and/or coriander would work better for bear?  or skip the bear altogether?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

You had me at eggs, I would leave the bananas and mushrooms, is all. Otherwise, man, I wish there was a place like that here.

I'd have ditched the bananas but I love mushrooms. Just not a big fan of most fruits on a pizza (or in salsa)*

*Yes I know that tomatoes and chilli peppers are fruits.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man