Jump to content

Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you having for dinner tonight?


  • Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#441
Malcador

Malcador

    Arch-Mage

  • Members
  • 6921 posts
  • Location:Someplace in Canada
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Toast and apple jelly.

#442
ShadySands

ShadySands

    The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

  • Members
  • 2400 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I need to make a puppy meatloaf in a foil pan, just for Gromnir.

head-shake-gif-13.gif



#443
Labadal

Labadal

    Janitor of the Obsidian Order

  • Members
  • 3758 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm supposed to be on a diet, so 90% of the food I am eating consists of vegetables and fruit. The other 10% is chicken.



#444
Gromnir

Gromnir

    Arch-Mage

  • Members
  • 7033 posts
  • Location:Sleeping in my office.
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm supposed to be on a diet, so 90% of the food I am eating consists of vegetables and fruit. The other 10% is chicken.

is fish a possible addition?  

 

limited availability o' fresh seafood is one o' the major drawbacks to living where Gromnir lives.

 

http://passmoreranch.com/

 

didn't even know 'bout this place 'til recent.  less than 8 miles distant.

 

chicken gets old kinda fast, particular if is a diet situation limiting you to only healthy chicken recipes.  supplement with fish could help.

 

HA! Good Fun!



#445
SonicMage117

SonicMage117

    (7) Enchanter

  • Members
  • 979 posts
  • Location:Texas, United States
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
This is me...

Edit: Nvm wouldn't load pic. I eat Carls Junior burger today :)

Edited by SonicMage117, 11 July 2017 - 01:27 PM.


#446
Labadal

Labadal

    Janitor of the Obsidian Order

  • Members
  • 3758 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

 

I'm supposed to be on a diet, so 90% of the food I am eating consists of vegetables and fruit. The other 10% is chicken.

is fish a possible addition?  

 

limited availability o' fresh seafood is one o' the major drawbacks to living where Gromnir lives.

 

http://passmoreranch.com/

 

didn't even know 'bout this place 'til recent.  less than 8 miles distant.

 

chicken gets old kinda fast, particular if is a diet situation limiting you to only healthy chicken recipes.  supplement with fish could help.

 

HA! Good Fun!

 

VERY late response! Sorry! I'm allergic to fish, but the diet is going well. Lost 10kg and I think that I can easily lose another 5kg if I stay disciplined. Working out is also a big benefactor.

 

I've started to eat meat again, but not any with lots of fat in it. The whole chicken situation wasn't that bad, but mixing it with some meat every now and then helps. Some days, I skip all kinds of meat and just go full vegetarian.

 

I'm cheating every now and then (once a week). Can't do anything about it with a big family. There are birthdays, weddings and all kinds of shenanigans that hinder a 7 day diet. Luckily, the work out I do, is much tougher than I have ever done and I have seen a reasonable improvement in conditioning/endurance or whatever it is called. Feeling really good.



#447
majestic

majestic

    (5) Thaumaturgist

  • Members
  • 557 posts
  • Location:TCS Tiger's Claw
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It's been a busy few weeks at work including the odd business trip. Our colleagues in Budapest have been rather gracious hosts and this is one of the meals we had. Bad lighting and a company iPhone make for terrible pictures but it's recognizable enough. ;)

 

pvkHWYs.jpg


  • ShadySands, WDeranged and BruceVC like this

#448
SonicMage117

SonicMage117

    (7) Enchanter

  • Members
  • 979 posts
  • Location:Texas, United States
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Just had left over chile. In case you didn't know, left over chile is better than fresh chile :p

#449
ShadySands

ShadySands

    The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

  • Members
  • 2400 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Last night I has some jambalaya with a little cheese on top

 

Tonight I'm going to grill some lamb and make some pita thingies*

 

 

*haven't yet decided exactly how or what I'm going to make it yet 



#450
ShadySands

ShadySands

    The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

  • Members
  • 2400 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I ended up slathering the lamb in a mix of olive oil, mint, cilantro, garlic, and spices. Grilled that and served it sliced with some pita, onion, tomato, cucumber, hummus, and sauce.

 

For lunch I grilled some romaine hearts and served them as a salad with fried capers, homemade croutons, parm, black pepper, and dressing



#451
ShadySands

ShadySands

    The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

  • Members
  • 2400 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Update to my update to update my update

 

Made p'sketti or bucatini if you want to be more accurate and some meatballs and a red sowse to go with it



#452
Keyrock

Keyrock

    Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

  • Members
  • 6708 posts
  • Location:The Queen City
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Best. Chips. Ever.

 

X0ygdyh.jpg



#453
Keyrock

Keyrock

    Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

  • Members
  • 6708 posts
  • Location:The Queen City
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Greek salad with romaine, radicchio, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, pepperoncini, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.


  • ShadySands and Azdeus like this

#454
Gromnir

Gromnir

    Arch-Mage

  • Members
  • 7033 posts
  • Location:Sleeping in my office.
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

am kinda all over the map this eve. aloo chaat, baba ganoush (perhaps a bit heavy on the garlic), and a small greek salad. add pita bread and a few fresh vegetables cut for easy dipping.

 

real reason for the baba ganoush is 'cause somebody asked us what we were making for dinner and we said "baba ganoush" for no other reason than we believe baba ganoush sounds inherent funny. *shrug* have a couple eggplants we bought yesterday, so it all works out for us.

 

HA! Good Fun!


  • ShadySands likes this

#455
BruceVC

BruceVC

    Arch-Mage

  • Members
  • 4330 posts
  • Location:Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://ribsandburgers.com/za/

 

Im going to this restaurant tomorrow, check the Ribs  :dancing:



#456
Jenner

Jenner

    (0) Nub

  • Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:Jennerfirst

I think I'm just gonna go out for dumplings. There's always room for dumplings and I've never seen a person say no to dumplings.



#457
Gromnir

Gromnir

    Arch-Mage

  • Members
  • 7033 posts
  • Location:Sleeping in my office.
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

our heart has been nagging us constant of late.  "eat your veggies."  "cut back on salt."  "another 30 minutes on the bike won't kill you." etc. nag. nag. nag. finally got sick and tired o' our heart, and so we made bacon-wrapped mac & cheese balls.  deepfried. made six of 'em. ate 'em all.

 

was gonna make slaw, but then we recognized cabbage and carrots as vegetables.  

 

let our heart know who is boss... though am suspecting 'round 2:00 AM we may come to regret our gastronomical rebellion. 

 

HA! Good Fun!


  • ShadySands and Azdeus like this

#458
Azdeus

Azdeus

    (5) Thaumaturgist

  • Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Wanted to try something new, so I made okonomiyaki(Cabbage pancake), turned out pretty well, though the bacon didn't turn out crisp enough for my tastes, but it was surprisingly nice. Next time though I'm making them thinner. The inner part was a bit undercooked.


Edited by Azdeus, 22 August 2017 - 03:00 PM.


#459
KaineParker

KaineParker

    Arch-Mage

  • Members
  • 2733 posts
  • Location:Houston, Texas
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Chicken soup with veggies. Not fancy but lots of protein and low calorie, plus it's fresh.



#460
Keyrock

Keyrock

    Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

  • Members
  • 6708 posts
  • Location:The Queen City
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Nothing fancy for this Labor Day weekend.

 

tOY4bnm.jpg

 

Chili cheese dogs off the grill.

 

Not pictured: Corn on the cob, also off the grill.


Edited by Keyrock, 03 September 2017 - 02:33 PM.

  • ShadySands likes this




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users