Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter is UP!

Sensuki

I *just* bought the first Shadowrun game from this company, Shadowrun Returns. I'll probably regret this since the time I have to play computer games will dry up soon, but i have my hopes. I've played the first ten minutes or so and I like it so far. If I do, I'll but the newest game on Wednesday evening.

To be honest Returns is the weakest of the 2.5 releases so far, so even if you don't like it in the end, you probably should give Dragonfall DC a go.

I got it because it had the earliest release date. It might be linear and all, but I'm enjoying the game. I'm seriously considering buying the new one on sale right now based on the experience. I guess I've put in a few hours so far. Might as well buy the series and then have no time to play it starting, oh, *tomorrow!*

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

SRR is definitely worth playing.  It has a good story and it is set in Seattle, which is pretty dang important to the whole Shadowrun lore.  They definitely got a lot better technically with Berlin, but the first is a excellent starting point.

First one was ok-ish. It was short, but honestly, they spend most of their dev-time on the development tools... and it actually shows. With Berlin they didn't had to spend time on this stuff at all and could put 100% of their energy on the actual game. That's pretty much the reason why I'd hope that the new game will be even better. Guess we'll find out in two or so days.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I started with SRR and tbh I think people should start with it. I really enjoyed it and then dragonfall was the same but so much better. I dunno it's always a nice feeling to play a game and enjoy it and then play the sequel and get blown away. Basically more Shadowrun fun and see it only get better hehe. I'm stoked about Hong Kong but I may have to wait til I play dragonfall again. SRR I stayed in character but in dragonfall I seem to have strayed away from the type of character I wanted to play....if that makes any sense. I think I'll hold off and just make sure I stay in character when I replay the games back to back again.

• Like 1

I started with SRR and tbh I think people should start with it. I really enjoyed it and then dragonfall was the same but so much better. I dunno it's always a nice feeling to play a game and enjoy it and then play the sequel and get blown away.

This is pretty much where I was. I didn't want to play the sequels and go back and be put off when I picked up the earlier titles. I figured that there was a reason they made sequels, which is that the first game must have been good enough to warrant it. So, I picked it thinking it would be at least 'good enough' and would get better from there. I'm on my third joinable NPC and I'm happy with my decision. :Cant's smile with one raised eye-brow icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hope it is good, else poor Shady will be waiting for nothing :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay, swine-hearted bastards, you broke me down and I pre-purchased Hong Kong. I'll probably pick up the Dragon one or whatever it's called later. Judging by how much I've been enjoying Returns, I figured I'd take the pre-order deal. It's 33% off. Of course, wait a while and it goes on sale again, but I figure now it's in there and pre-loaded. Of course, I'm only home for lunch, so I can't even play it when I'm done. :Cant's ho hum icon:

Obsidian Plays

If you liked The Dead Man's Switch, you'll love Dragonfall. The whole series is on GOG at the same price as non-preorder SR:HK. Where did you pick it up and didn't they have a bundle deal that's cheaper?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So *now* you come through with the goods, my numbered friend, *after* I've already bought it. No, the original game was 15 bucks and the new one coming out was 20 bucks. However, before I do something so shameful as blame you, I have to say that I know GoG sells a lot of the same stuff, I've used them in the past, and it's my fault for not thinking to look there also to compare. Caueat emptor.

...But I'm back in the air conditioning and getting ready to sit down to play some more, so I'm happy.

Obsidian Plays

I loved Dead Man's Switch, was psyched for Dragonfall and was annihilated in the first battle, which demoralized me and I haven't picked it up again. Its on my list of things to play when I'm done DA:I along with Divinity Original sin, Wasteland 2, Dead State, and Shadows of Mordor.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

...But I'm back in the air conditioning and getting ready to sit down to play some more, so I'm happy.

If, by air conditioning, you mean opening the front door and placing the floor fan so that it blows the semi-not-warm exterior air into the super-heated domicile, then I'm with you, amigo. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Soooooo guys!! Less than 4 hours till release!

Thought about main companions you would be rolling with or about a main ?

I will make mage my main this time around (no mage companion). SRR rigger and SRDF was samurai and then decker SRHK mage :)

I like everyone from the description maybe except Duncan Wu. Ricter, Is0bel, Red Samurai (Gaichu?) and Gobbet look interesting :D

10 AM PST on GOG, come on, I want to play some SRHK during the last days of my holiday :)

I got up early today and for what? Dammit GOG! :biggrin:

This is standalone ?

How long is the campaign.

Yes and... no idea. The game comes out today. Depending on the difficulty levels and your skill at battle Returns was somewhere around 15 to 20 hours while Dragonfall was 25 to 30 hours.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I loved Dead Man's Switch, was psyched for Dragonfall and was annihilated in the first battle, which demoralized me and I haven't picked it up again. Its on my list of things to play when I'm done DA:I along with Divinity Original sin, Wasteland 2, Dead State, and Shadows of Mordor.

I was very bored of DA:I after 26h i got rid of it for another game :p. D:OS beaten, WL2 beaten, don;t care about dead state, Shadows of Mordor beaten.

First battle in DF is quite easy, stick to cover and wait, then run away :) Cover is single most important thing for survival in SR.

If you liked The Dead Man's Switch, you'll love Dragonfall. The whole series is on GOG at the same price as non-preorder SR:HK. Where did you pick it up and didn't they have a bundle deal that's cheaper?

Idd. Dragonfall DC is leaps and bounds above Returns but Returns was severely limited so I don't blame them knowing the reasons for that. HK, I hope, will take it to another level.

Edited by Killyox

Soooooo guys!! Less than 4 hours till release!

Thought about main companions you would be rolling with or about a main ?

I will make mage my main this time around (no mage companion). SRR rigger and SRDF was samurai and then decker SRHK mage :)

I like everyone from the description maybe except Duncan Wu. Ricter, Is0bel, Red Samurai (Gaichu?) and Gobbet look interesting :D

I'll probably keep on playing my beloved orc decker with ranged combat / assault rifles with loads of cyberware I lovingly called "Dekkah" because I'm really THAT good with names - well unless HK contains decking checks orcs can't meet with their missing point of intelligence, in which case I'll probably reroll human.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.