[392] Can't Disarm Chests

Dueps

Question

I have been playing with a Cipher and BB Rogue, both of whom possess the Mechanics Skill.  Upon entering Scout Mode, I have been able to find trapped chests and trapped walkways and able to disarm the trapped walkways.  Unfortunately for me, the disarm icon/choice never appears if a chest is trapped.  If I don't enter scout mode and find out the chest is trapped, I can interact with the chest, thus opening it and getting attacked by the trap.  However, if I determine that the chest is trapped, I can no longer interact with it, save mousing over the chest and having the loot icon appear.  When I click on the chest, however, nothing happens and my party behaves as it would had I clicked on the floor, asking them to walk elsewhere.

5 answers to this question

Same, and I have 11 mechanical on my rogue. Can't interact in anyway I know how.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts and feedback. Our programmers are working on this issue currently. Traps that are discovered on containers are causing the user to no longer be able to loot the container. The best option currently is to try and trigger a trap without discovering it first. This will allow you to loot the items within the container, though unfortunately is more painful. I'll be adding this thread to the known issues list for tracking and we should have this resolved soon.

Thank you for your support!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1