Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You no mess with Supreme Leader!

trollingIRL decline Team America Fail Conspiracy ph33r

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3588 posts

Why is suspecting false flag attacks weird ? It's fairly easy to do with online attacks and is lulz-y. NK should have just sent people to take care of Rogan, no big loss there.

I had an idea for a sketch where Kim Jong goes over to James Franco to apologize about NK overreaction but thinks Franco is making fun of him by squinting his eyes and gets angry.

Don't know how its related to your post but I had to quote someone.

• Oerwinde, Walsingham and ShadySands like this

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7228 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

conspiracy theory stuff is often having a geographical origin, but am thinking that is hardly shocking. is not so much an internet thing as a cultural phenomenon.

http://www.csmonitor...think-so.-video

however, beyond the conspiracy stuff, we do understand some o' the reluctance to believe that this, the hack of sony, is what it appears to be. most international incidents is the result o' a confluence o' accidents and errors in judgment. on the other hand, when some event is the result of intended action, we expect it to be major. george bush sr. vomits on the japanese prime minister? is an accident and only the wackiest conspiracy nut thinks otherwise.  nevertheless, there were dozens o' instant theories and it were even reported on cnn that bush had died... and that were 1992, when the internet for private use were still a fledgling. 

the sony hack were not the result o' an accident or a case o' flu and and too much sushi. somebody planned the hack. have the hack be perpetrated by malcontents with too much free time strikes us initially more plausible than that it were actual planned by the north korean government.  based on the damage done to sony and to the movie industry as a whole, we can't see this as being some kinda publicity stunt. nevertheless, while all evidence suggests that north korea were the ultimate cause o' the hack, the whole thing is just so darn silly that we understand why folks might look for other more rational explanations.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir, 19 December 2014 - 01:14 PM.

• Namutree likes this

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Kickstarter Backer

According to the BBC the Norks don't usually bother to deny actions they like. They have this time.

Keep in mind that (iirc) Sony 've been a target for hackers before. They would be a prime target for extortion after the embarassment they've been suffering.

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2157 posts

Attached File  B5PkS0SIQAAW5No.jpg   26.35KB   0 downloads

• CoM_Solaufein likes this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

If this whole thing is a publicity stunt then it would be one of the greatest of all time. This movie had box office bomb written all over it. Trust me, the only way someone was going to see this is if they sat in the wrong theater by mistake and didn't feel like getting up again. No everyone wants to see it. If they wait a week or two and release it it will be a huge success... for a week or two at least.

But it's not a stunt. Sony is not THAT smart.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Kickstarter Backer

If Sony was prepared to use threats of violence and terrorism, and leak its financial details in order to make money then there are easier ways to do it that would wind you up in exactly the same jail.

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I just played two games of DotA 2 with Kim Jong-un. I queued up for a solo run and lo and behold there was The Supreme Leader. I was just... 'Wow.. this is a pretty cool surprise'.

He really seems like a good chap. Had a very good handle on English and is very friendly. He said had nothing to do with the recent fiasco but did find it all very amusing. Said he's too busy doing important things like pwning noobs to bother with the likes of Rogen, and was actually looking forward to the movie. (I don't understand his fascination with Rodman either, but to each their own, then again if two of Hollywood's biggest idiots made a bad movie about me I'd probably be interested in watching it too). He actually said he's not looking forward to the headache of trying to figure out what to do with his newly found controlling interest in SONY Pictures that someone has seen to give him.

For the curious, he played Windrunner and Gyrocopter. And while the second game was a tough one that ran over 80 minutes as we were up against the best Techies I've seen in years, we were victorious both games. 

Edited by Valsuelm, 20 December 2014 - 02:35 AM.

• 213374U, Walsingham and Namutree like this

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8908 posts
4a1KyDt.jpg
  • Meshugger likes this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4330 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I just watched an interview with the SONY CEO and he was quite clear that the main reason they decided not to screen the movie on the 25 was because of the decision of the various theatres to not want to show it

He also said they have not given up  as there are other forms of distribution and are still want people to see the movie

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7017 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yep. Real problem is the theater chains balking at showing it and cutting the demand. Rather funny to hear this movie mentioned as some sort of creative achievement in the news here, people invoking Chamberlain and all.

Still think we should send Rogan and Franco to NK as a peace offering
  • Walsingham and BruceVC like this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4330 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yep. Real problem is the theater chains balking at showing it and cutting the demand. Rather funny to hear this movie mentioned as some sort of creative achievement in the news here, people invoking Chamberlain and all.

Thats a good point, people are exaggerating how significant this movie is. " creative achievement " ... :lol:

I

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4668 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Mildly amusing thread this. Almost as daft as the film is sure to be. :p

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5086 posts

I wonder what the reaction would be if hax0rs reportedly working for Iran conducted an attack against the company responsible for Celeb Big Bro or some other tripe. The actual quality of the piece is irrelevant, but I don't think anyone invoked "artistic value" as a defense when **** went down with the Muhammad cartoons.

Are they running out of Salman Rushdies to go after or what...?

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

if we can fake a moon landing, surely we can fake executing these two chaps, and all the crew?

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3588 posts

if we can fake a moon landing, surely we can fake executing these two chaps, and all the crew?

That's beyond our abilities, best we can do is pretend that we sent them to the moon.

• Rostere likes this

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://www.thedailyb...-hack-sony.html

This article sums up what pretty much everyone out there with a modicum or more of tech knowledge is saying. There's zero evidence in the public domain that North Korea is responsible, and what evidence there is points in an entirely different direction. That doesn't stop the main steam media from pushing the North Korea is responsible narrative though.

One should ask themselves why that is.

Edited by Valsuelm, 25 December 2014 - 09:41 PM.

• 213374U likes this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 573 posts

If this whole thing is a publicity stunt then it would be one of the greatest of all time. This movie had box office bomb written all over it. Trust me, the only way someone was going to see this is if they sat in the wrong theater by mistake and didn't feel like getting up again. No everyone wants to see it. If they wait a week or two and release it it will be a huge success... for a week or two at least.

Hmmm they have release the movie, it's a success because people believe it's their patriotic duty to see it. These are people who would not have gone to see it otherwise. Hmmm... the conspiracy theory doesn't sound as nuts as it did a week ago.

Valsuelm

Valsuelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hmmm they have release the movie, it's a success because people believe it's their patriotic duty to see it. These are people who would not have gone to see it otherwise. Hmmm... the conspiracy theory doesn't sound as nuts as it did a week ago.

It seems the day has come and gone where it's anyone's patriotic duty to see a Rogen/Franco movie. That's gotta be a step above hell freezing over.

The end of the world can't be far off now.

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5239 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Relevant: 

• Enoch, Walsingham and Valsuelm like this

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Relevant: 

I call fnord on Ghaddafi's badge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trollingIRL, decline, Team America, Fail, Conspiracy, ph33r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users