Ukraine Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

An yet they will move to another country like Libya and will keep bombing our cities.

Now as for Ukraine. I wrote it befoee that it was stupid to think that Russians will allow Crimea and the base there to be removed fro their control. It is too important of an asset.

What i do not get is why they keep destabilizing eastern UA. I guess they'd like to have a land corridor to Crimea and the populce there is in majority Russian but i simply think it is not worth it to go for it and certainly not to merge with Russian federation. It would be much better if Russians just stopped with taking over the Crimea. West was willing to swallow it and Ukraine would survive this as well. But trying to get a lrge chunk of eastern UA which is also a fairly rich in resources area - well... Ukraine will want to keep that and West just won't allow to be played more and will side with UA for that piece of land.

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

An yet they will move to another country like Libya and will keep bombing our cities.

Now as for Ukraine. I wrote it befoee that it was stupid to think that Russians will allow Crimea and the base there to be removed fro their control. It is too important of an asset.

What i do not get is why they keep destabilizing eastern UA. I guess they'd like to have a land corridor to Crimea and the populce there is in majority Russian but i simply think it is not worth it to go for it and certainly not to merge with Russian federation. It would be much better if Russians just stopped with taking over the Crimea. West was willing to swallow it and Ukraine would survive this as well. But trying to get a lrge chunk of eastern UA which is also a fairly rich in resources area - well... Ukraine will want to keep that and West just won't allow to be played more and will side with UA for that piece of land.

You make some good points

Yes I agree Eastern Ukraine was Putin just going to far, the West really tried to ignore or justify Putins militancy in places like Georgia and Crimea. Russia can get away with Crimea but Eastern Ukraine is just to much 

And the West isn't the one ultimately suffering because its military commitment around resources  to Ukraine isn't huge but Russia has to grapple with sanctions and the falling oil price 

Also for Russia they had the luxury for years of not having to commit troops to the social and political maelstrom of the ME ....that has all changed for them now...now they will be under additional pressure

But I'm glad they got involved in Syria..these conflicts can hopefully bring them closer to the West on some levels 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

OPEC just decided to set no extraction limits for the future.

Putin might have to behave for just a while longer.

This is a relevant link, the result is the oil price will stay low and this will continue to have  a huge negative impact on the Russian economy 

Add to that the EU and USA  sanctions and its really not a good picture for Russia being able to revive its seriously faltering economy  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela