Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rosbjerg

I bought the 10k gold item, not what I expected, lol. Still need to do the operation.And I spent most of my perks on secrets, too bad the ''Special vendor'' perk actually does something, I think I've already acquired most agents available in the game.

I bought the 10k gold item, not what I expected, lol. Still need to do the operation.And I spent most of my perks on secrets, too bad the ''Special vendor'' perk actually does something, I think I've already acquired most agents available in the game.

Frankly the vendors apart from a certain mabari (who has the change, remember) and the skyhold merchants have very little that wouldn't theoretically be beaten by a lucky random drop. Or even most of the fixed ones...

Vendor inventory and RNG drops are possibly the most frustrating parts of the game IMO. Trying to get the best Tier-3 armor waswa bitch.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Frankly the vendors apart from a certain mabari (who has the change, remember) and the skyhold merchants have very little that wouldn't theoretically be beaten by a lucky random drop. Or even most of the fixed ones...
Vendor inventory and RNG drops are possibly the most frustrating parts of the game IMO. Trying to get the best Tier-3 armor waswa bitch.
That was the only easy part, I think the loyal mabari is guaranteed to carry the top model for your inquisitor's class. That's what I got, and I've read most others getting too.

Now, getting a 2h sword that is not ugly... And there is no decent 1h sword in the game at all, Caliban at least looks nice but, well, is nit very good.

Either by design or by necessity, they're going to have to implement a less random top tier schematic vendor in dlc.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I feel bad. Haven't touched it for weeks. Still in the H'Lands. Too many quest markers. Not enough Cassandra. How soon is now. 

I'm starting to lose interest as well, and I'm in the Hinterlands too.  I think I need to just stick with the main storyline, although I'm getting beaten up quick, which makes me less excited to play.  I think I need better gear, but I'm too lazy to go looking for stuff.  

That was the only easy part, I think the loyal mabari is guaranteed to carry the top model for your inquisitor's class. That's what I got, and I've read most others getting too.

Now, getting a 2h sword that is not ugly... And there is no decent 1h sword in the game at all, Caliban at least looks nice but, well, is nit very good.

Either by design or by necessity, they're going to have to implement a less random top tier schematic vendor in dlc.

I had to grind to get the schematic from the dog, he mostly had the masterwork armor instead of schematics. My understanding is that the perks adds an item randomly to the list, rather than dumping off a selected group of items at once.

And yeah, tier3 swords look bad.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Caliban 1-handed sword is the only decent weapon I have found in the game for a sword-and-shield character.  Do the weapons level up depending on when you get it?  Because mine was pretty high level because I didn't get it until late on while killing a pretty high level dragon.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I actually came across some cool looking armor, but guess what? Its just an NPC wearing it and its not available for you or the party members.

armorw_zps823839fb.jpg

Don't worry, BW has joined bethesda in the old adage "Mods will fix it."

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Caliban 1-handed sword is the only decent weapon I have found in the game for a sword-and-shield character.  Do the weapons level up depending on when you get it?  Because mine was pretty high level because I didn't get it until late on while killing a pretty high level dragon.

No, they're static. Which is why it tends to be better to craft your own.

I actually came across some cool looking armor, but guess what? Its just an NPC wearing it and its not available for you or the party members.

armorw_zps823839fb.jpg

From what I understand, modding DAI will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

At least Bethesda provides a toolset.

No, they're static. Which is why it tends to be better to craft your own.

That's what I attempted to do.  But I never found good one-handed sword designs that were more powerful than Caliban.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

snip

From what I understand, modding DAI will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.

At least Bethesda provides a toolset.

My friend you don't understand the modding community.

There are people already working on DAI_Tools, most recenlty there have been texture replacement mods done using them. It is still early but if they keep working on them I don't see why someone shouldn't be able to mod all NPC exclusive armors for PC use. They were probably made using the same base body so it should just be a matter of making them available, no rigging required (hopefully).

Still, I don't know if this community will reach the same level as Origins less alone the Bethesda games...guess we'll see.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif