[364] Game Freezes in Black Screen Upon Transition To Area With "0 Seconds" Time To Travel

Gairnulf

Question

[Description of the issue]

At times trying to exit Dyrford Crossing and go to Dyrford Village will show the time to travel as 0 seconds and when trying to travel the game freezes in a black screen. Actually I'm not sure if it freezes because I can still press the interface's buttons and hear sounds from interface windows opening and closing.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

Example:

1) Load attached savegame

2) Exit the Dyrford Crossing area. Any exit will produce the same result

3) Click on Dyrford Village, the dialog window will say "0 seconds" as in the screenshot.

4) Travel to Stormwall Gorge instead. The window will say it will take you 6 hours.

5) Now, from Stormwall Gorge travel to Dyrford Village. It will say it will take you 6 hours.

6) Now you can safely travel back to Dyrford Crossing and back from there to Dyrford Village directly

[Other remarks / Comments]

Savegame attached. Also, a screenshot.

DyrfordCrossing.zip

post-130940-0-69016100-1417217826_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

5 answers to this question

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback. It looks like this was caused by using Save/Load before transitioning to Dyrford Village. I have added this issue to our database and I will update the known issues list with it as well, for others to see.

Thank you for your support and please continue to enjoy the beta!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

BTW, with the cause behind the issue explained, there is an easier workaround - you don't need to travel to Stormwall Gorge, just entering and exiting the cave or Skaen temple should be enough to allow you to travel back to Dyrford village.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I get the same issues from anywhere to back to dryford village, even attempting to return from the hidden underground temple. Or it teleports me into some random mesh and I can't move but I see the characters still running.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...