Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

A time travel plot after using the same bit for the first one would be a huge mistake. If thats what he was insisting on, no wonder he got canned.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Turns out Roberto Orci was wearing a red shirt. He was pegged to direct Trek 3 but bailed out before transporting to the surface of the script into the hands of certain death by poor plot. 

[sources] tell me that the script Orci was working on saw the Enterprise, the Vulcans and a new alien race competing to get a time travel device. The Vulcans want to go back and stop the destruction of their planet, and the time travel schtick is what would allow Chris Pine and William Shatner to share the screen. Is that still going to be the plot of the movie - a MacGuffin that could wipe out the previous two films?

I've been in touch with some folks and it seems like the script was one of the problem factors. Paramount shut the production down last month, sending home all the design people while they battled over the direction of the screenplay.

You know my original idea when John Harrison was still thought to not possibly be Khan in STID was that Harrison was from the Mirror Universe invading our universe first (rather than other way around from "Mirror, Mirror").

They could still use the Mirror Universe if they wanted to get Shatner-Kirk in the next film and he was willing to play the villain. Just say that the MU wasn't rebooted when the main ST timeline was (reasonable given that a rise of a Nero like character was rendered nigh-impossible by the damage done by the Terran Empire to Romulus and the control of the MU in the future by the Klingon-Cardashian Alliance). The resulting inbalance between the MU and regular univese timeline (no longer matching up by stardate) could lead to a catastrophe in the MU where they turn to the ruthless Kirk as the person to solve the problem (created by the regular universes reboot, hence his assault on the regular universe).

Or not. There's a reason why I'm not a screenwriter. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Knights of Badassdom - It was not great.  There were some funny parts, but overall I was hoping for somethinpg more.  Kind of a waste of some good comedic actors.

I think that's one that is an entertaining film, good actors, plenty of in-jokes and moments of amusement... But somehow never quite reaches the heights of greatness it should have, which makes it seem less good then it is.

How much of that is due to the hash up of editing/director/producer thing that was going on could be one of those great unanswered questions....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Funny but it sure uses a lot of anti male sexist believes within seconds. Of course, in the past i'd never would have noticed such stuff until the SJW/feminists  decided to make such pedestrian nonsense into THE BIGGEST EVIL EVER. L0L

Back to movie, it has potential to bring some good laughs. ;D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

the Klingon-Cardashian Alliance

You did not. 

Damnit.  That's a hilarious typo.  Took me a minute to even recognize I did it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Hobbit 3

Not as bad as the last one, but it still had tons of flaws. Legolas' ridiculous stunts, and the Alfrid-character being the worst ones. Still, I had fun and the first half was actually pretty strong. The film works best when Bard is the "point of view" character.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

I liked it. Just the right amount of snark and irreverent humor + comic-y action fun with almost zero superhero angst. And the soundtrack of songs was da awesome. Racoon-guy was hilarious.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guardians of the Galaxy.

I liked it. Just the right amount of snark and irreverent humor + comic-y action fun with almost zero superhero angst. And the soundtrack of songs was da awesome. Racoon-guy was hilarious.

Guardians of the Galaxy is what I felt Avengers should have been.

They grow as a team!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Watched the Equalizer (the Denzel Washington Hollywood re-imagining of the old tv show).

On some levels it works, and it's nice to see a film that is not afraid to take a slow build up and introduce character and lay the groundwork, and not have any real tension kick off for over half an hour. The middle part is a nice play on the slightly eccentric "normal" man who turns out to have a surprising skill set, before the reveal of just what his mysterious background is.. But I think the ending turns it a bit too far into a super-soldier style death dealer for the ending - maybe not the final showdown, but the epilogue part.

I mean sure, him setting the untouchable big bad up to die due to his own actions, that was classic from the old tv series.  But the panning shot as Denzel walked out of the heavily guarded mansion and just seeing the bodies of all the guards sprawled dead just felt wrong.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Zapped through the channels and got stuck at ''The Birds'' from 1963. Highly absurd yet somewhat funny movie, the ending though, or the lack thereof, was a real bummer. I wanted to know the reason why those birds attacked and killed goddammit, the lack of an explanation or even a hint made the whole movie pointless!

And it reminded me of summer, I live in the country and I could make a similar movie called ''The flies''. With a new sequel every single year.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.