The culture of Rape, Bill Cosby Story

BruceVC

I'd say Cosby had a much better reputation than Clinton before the accusations.  Bill Cosby was America's Dad.  Any President is going to be a somewhat divisive figure, particularly in the current climate.

Also I'm not sure how you argue Hillary is in the shadows.    

Bill Cosby may very well be as despicable a person as Jimmy Savile. Once again, power corrupts in the most peculiar of evil twists.

No, power and wealth has nothing to do with there deviance's. This is something that was always in them ...lets not blame material things for mental dysfunction 

One a true hater of women, he used rape to dominant scores but then the great act  on the Cosby Show ...man that takes mental strength 

And one a licentious abuser of young women and older ones 

The good news in  this type of behavior is less and less likely to be accepted nowadays and more likely will be exposed 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No, power and wealth has nothing to do with there deviance's. This is something that was always in them ...lets not blame material things for mental dysfunction 

Roofles

What you think rape is about .....wealth or success

Do you think Saville only abused kids when he became famous?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bill Cosby may very well be as despicable a person as Jimmy Savile. Once again, power corrupts in the most peculiar of evil twists.

Power in itself does not corrupt anyone, rather it works as a magnet for the easily corruptable. The phrase "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" is just used by the absolutely corrupted to justify their actions and to remove any personal responsiblity.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Eh? I have never heard anyone use that as a justification for things. It's always a statement said in judgement.

It doesn't corrupt but makes temptation to far easier and everyone has a price (mine is three donuts and a fountain pen).

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Power is rather a set of interrelational opportunities that may constitute or even manipulate institutions to have a person or more governing others in various ways.

This is basically the point of Foucault when he got older. Actions of power assume and thrive in a context of freedom; in essence, you have the means and the institutions to act in a certain way. Any weaker parties in these power relations - the young, the infirm or the easily led-on - respond to this "dance of power", but only to a degree. They can even offer up resistance and counter-narratives, or undermine the entire process. However, when the thumb-screws are twisted too hard, all such wiggling room is gone. Freedom elopes from such power relations, at least eludes them, and you are left with bare-bone slavery, assault or any sort of runaway madness. So, at the very heart of the power relationship, and constantly provoking it, are the recalcitrance of the will and the intransigence of freedom. Else, it's just abuse of the worst kind.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Foucault said a lot of things. I politely disagree.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Foucault? I had never heard of him but I do know about the psychology of pedophiles and habitual rapists and both these mental sicknesses are normally caused by abuse themselves or childhood trauma ?

John Milton 

Yeah. It's hardly as simple as opportunity makes a thief. There's certainly something awful brewing in those minds already, and sometimes they've already acted out that vile stuff on a few occasions. The means facilitate those urges and impulses, and may turn a small ugly minnow into a big bad shark, but they most certainly didn't create them. At worst, something hideous and dormant awoke. Like Malcador said, this was more a judgmental statement of mine.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

• 1 year later...

It would be rather strange if physical evidence was still available 20 years after the fact. So you are left with conflicting stories. 

I find it strange that he would have been able to get away with repeated rape for so long and so many times, but then you remember Jimmy Saville. Isn't Woody Allen supposed to have raped someone as well. 

Not sure what to believe. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

No he didn't. This mistrial destroys the possibility of him being found innocent. Did Michael Jackson ever stop being hounded? His life is over. (Whether he did it or not.)

He's an older fellow, so it's not like he will need to work. He's set and he can live the rest of his life away with family not carrying about any b****es who want to stole his hard earned money. I count this as a win for him.

I am not surprised you see it like this, lets be honest you dont have a high opinion of women so naturally you would defend a rapist like Cosby

Cosby is a deviant, sexual predator. This verdict was a disgrace and they will retry him

John Milton 

No he didn't. This mistrial destroys the possibility of him being found innocent. Did Michael Jackson ever stop being hounded? His life is over. (Whether he did it or not.)

He's an older fellow, so it's not like he will need to work. He's set and he can live the rest of his life away with family not carrying about any b****es who want to stole his hard earned money. I count this as a win for him.
I am not surprised you see it like this, lets be honest you dont have a high opinion of women so naturally you would defend a rapist like Cosby

Cosby is a deviant, sexual predator. This verdict was a disgrace and they will retry him

I'm not surprised you see it like this since you are an Apartheid supporter and you hate black people.

Cosby wasn't convicted so your claims about him are just racists slanders.

So after refusing to accept election results they don't like now they also won't accept judical decisions.

I am not sure if I told you this but I have a semi-photographic memory and many times I can remember certain comments people make going back years. Its weird in some ways because I can see in my memory many comments you have made and some of them I found highly offensive 

For example one of the early ones where you described slapping womens asses in your factory, so I can absolutely say I consider you homophobic, sexist and racist. You are bigot but that doesnt mean we cant have debates. Frankly I cant care to pass Internet SJ opinions anymore 

Sometimes I do agree with you and in SA I have radio debates with bigots all the time so this is not unusual

Also I think you are not sure when some of your old comments would be considered offensive as maybe these things are normal where you live? But I can see you do try to not say things that would get you into trouble with the Mods and I can appreciate that effort 

John Milton 

"For example one of the early ones where you described slapping womens asses in your factory, so I can absolutely say I consider you homophobic"

Yeah, I agree. Slapping women's asses is definitely homophobic. He should be slapping men's asses too. It is only fair.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I am not sure if I told you this but I have a semi-photographic memory and many times I can remember certain comments people make going back years. Its weird in some ways because I can see in my memory many comments you have made and some of them I found highly offensive

Really? A guy who have blackouts and sometimes is so stoned he doesn't remember what he posted a page earlier claims to have photographic memory? That's Rich

Well Bruce I remember how you said that:

a) you supported Apartheid when I asked you up front was A. a good thing. And that you regret you couldn't live in that period.

b) you go on radio shows to tell black people how they should think and what their opinions should be and to explain to them how wrong they are and how they should just "trust you and listen to you" or any other white guys.

c) you only date strippers, especially human traffic victims foreign strippers, because they are vulnerable and you can exploit their desire to escape their life.

d) you hate Milo Yiannopoulos because not only he have opposing views but he's gay.

e) you provided drugs to your underage niece and throw her on the streets because she refused to "be with you".

So excuse me if I will just laugh at your insinuations about me, because frankly there are numerous posters here that throw up a little every time they see your nickname.

Wait wait wait what? Brucie has been a bad boy? Please do tell me more

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

"For example one of the early ones where you described slapping womens asses in your factory, so I can absolutely say I consider you homophobic, sexist and racist. You are bigot but that doesnt mean we cant have debates. Frankly I cant care to pass Internet SJ opinions anymore"

So what, kill the bourgeois scum? Brucie, how does ones low treatment of women make one a racist or an homophobe?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Really? A guy who have blackouts and sometimes is so stoned he doesn't remember what he posted a page earlier claims to have photographic memory? That's Rich

a) you supported Apartheid when I asked you up front was A. a good thing. And that you regret you couldn't live in that period.

b) you go on radio shows to tell black people how they should think and what their opinions should be and to explain to them how wrong they are and how they should just "trust you and listen to you" or any other white guys.

c) you only date strippers, especially human traffic victims foreign strippers, because they are vulnerable and you can exploit their desire to escape their life.

d) you hate Milo Yiannopoulos because not only he have opposing views but he's gay.

e) you provided drugs to your underage niece and throw her on the streets because she refused to "be with you".

So excuse me if I will just laugh at your insinuations about me, because frankly there are numerous posters here that throw up a little every time they see your nickname.

You seem to have taken my previous post in a negative way, why? As I tried to explain you cannot help being who you are no more than the Robin that freezes in winter

" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.  A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself  "  

You think I'm insulting you but I am freeing you from constantly not being sure of what is offensive or not ? I would have assumed you would be grateful ?

The issue here is you are getting angry because of exactly what you have said,  you can shout at me if that helps but you are one who said them so you need to take an introspective look at your own moral system and stop blaming others for your own insecurities  :geek:

As for your points some of them are completely wrong or you misunderstood me and others are partly right. Normally I wouldn't respond to such lazy and inaccurate assessments of my character but you did take the time to make them so let me respond

• we did not support Apartheid we fought against Communism in the great ideological clash of civilisations, the Cold War. But we lived in SA
  • I don't tell black people what to think, I make real and accurate suggestions in way that is compelling. I have the best interest of the country in mind and many black callers on the various radio shows agree with me
  • I don't date strippers, I spend time with them and party with them. But its not a dating relationship
  • I do dislike Milo, he is a vile, malicious coward. But its because he is gay, I have many friends from the LGBT  community. Its because he betrayed his own kind to pander to some of the bigots and homophobes on Breitbart....he has no integrity 
  • I did give Nicole money but she would lie about why she wanted it and I never kicked her out she would always leave 

John Milton 

"For example one of the early ones where you described slapping womens asses in your factory, so I can absolutely say I consider you homophobic, sexist and racist. You are bigot but that doesnt mean we cant have debates. Frankly I cant care to pass Internet SJ opinions anymore"

So what, kill the bourgeois scum? Brucie, how does ones low treatment of women make one a racist or an homophobe?

That was just one example and it was relevant to sexism only, I dont think its necessary to quote all the other things he said that are applicable to the types of bigotry 

I honestly don't want to fight with him, I am just making an accurate observation and telling him its okay :)

John Milton