Music - must - go on!

Rosbjerg

I actually played Officer Krupke in a community-theatre production of West Side Story when I was about 13.  (It kept to my strengths-- a mostly-comedic role in an otherwise-serious musical, but with little singing required.  See also:  The Rabbi, in Fiddler on the Roof.)

Anyhow, R.I.P. Ornette

• Like 1

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I actually played Officer Krupke in a community-theatre production of West Side Story when I was about 13.  (It kept to my strengths-- a mostly-comedic role in an otherwise-serious musical, but with little singing required.  See also:  The Rabbi, in Fiddler on the Roof.)

Anyhow, R.I.P. Ornette

now that takes us back...

did a couple musicals in high school.  .

george banks from mary poppins and jud fry in oklahoma.  

am suspecting we only got our roles 'cause there were such a shortage o' folks that could be depended on to learn lines. guess we played to our strengths too.

truth to tell, jud fry part didn't require much acting from us.

george banks were... fun.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Fitting for E3 time. Also is just stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcjpags7JT8

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't know what this video is

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.