What you did today

Rosbjerg

In other news, all this coughing is doing my abs surprising good. Always a bright side, eh?

Maybe, but my aunt broke a rip from coughing too much, and thats not a joke. As you can probably imagine that didn't help with the breathing problems.  

Actually I know almost exactly how bad that is. You recall that I cracked my sternum open a few years back and promptly got food poisoning and was throwing up and simultaneously passing out from the pain. Good times. :)

This isn't that bad, by any means.

Most interestingly it really does seem to be worse at night, even though I'm awake rather than sleeping.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Update:

hugely amused to misread the following from the NHS website:

Less commonly, symptoms of pneumonia can include:

• coughing up blood (haemoptysis)...
  • pain in your joints and muscles
  • feeling confused and disorientated, particularly near elderly people

Should have read "in elderly people"

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What the **** is the point of a coat that is only at its best in all weathers if you have £2000 to throw around? You're not going to be standing around in all weather, now are you?

I don't know about you, but having to snip Irish pennants constantly from every garment becomes dreadfully bourgeois. Hope you mend soon.

All Stop. On Screen.

Then you must be the only one, there has always been constant nagging whenever I posted a pic.  Or is the complete harmony in there getting boring?  :p

Anyway,

NZXT Phantom, white

Intel i7 5820k, 6x 3,3GHZ

MB MSI X99 Gaming 9AC (EATX)

2x 8GB DDR4 2400 

GeForce MSI Gaming GTX 970

SSD 120 GB Samsung

HDD 500GB Caviar Green

750W Be Quiet

Windows 8.1 64 (I have NO idea if W8 is any good, I just went with the flow)

Blu Ray drive, card reader, tons of fans etc

I think the PSU is a little overkill and a 650W would have been sufficient but I like having not to worry about power. The possibility of PSU's being a performance bottleneck makes me paranoid. 

And yes, I know, DDR4 is absolutely not necessary and I should have taken 32GB's of DDR3 instead. 

It's always good to have variety.

That CPU+MB is not backward compatible as far as RAMS go, so you couldn't have gone for DDR3 even if you wanted to.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I'm planning on building a high performance PC so I just ordered all the parts. Unfortunately I had to do some cost cutting and went with a 126GB Samsung SSD.

And now I'm going to do 5 sets of 6 reps of 110kg power cleans. I need to improve my Olympic lifts a little bit. 

Yeah welcome back Woldan :thumbsup:

How have you been with the whole depression episode that you were experiencing?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I still can't justify building a new rig. I wouldn't mind a gtx 970 or whatever, tho. I should probably get one of those soonish. But I have a feeling I'm going to remain pretty "meh, no thanx" re: high-requirement AAA titles for quite a while longer.

The past couple weeks I've felt like I can't drink enough water/stay hydrated. Multiple glasses all day of course, even drink a huge glass of water before bed and still wake up feeling like sand. Maybe it's winter.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The past couple weeks I've felt like I can't drink enough water/stay hydrated. Multiple glasses all day of course, even drink a huge glass of water before bed and still wake up feeling like sand. Maybe it's winter.

I don't even drink water. I survive on condensation alone.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I don't even drink water. I survive on condensation alone.

Are you wearing a stillsuit?
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wals, when you turn into a zombie: please, please, please, do not eat my brain.

With buttocks like yours why would I start with the brain?

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

Wals, when you turn into a zombie: please, please, please, do not eat my brain.

With buttocks like yours why would I start with the brain?

OMG, I have trained my buttocks by sitting on comfy chairs for so long. Have my brain instead, please. Please!

• Like 1

Its still there and I'm feeling like utter crap, the fun thing is given time I can really get used to anything. Human nature.

Seems like I'm gonna be a depressed abrasive dimwit for the rest of my life.

OMG, I have trained my buttocks by sitting on comfy chairs for so long. Have my brain instead, please. Please!

I bet they feel like balloons filled with old cheese curds.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Its still there and I'm feeling like utter crap, the fun thing is given time I can really get used to anything. Human nature.

I will have you know that they are very firm and they have shaped many a chair over the years. In 500 years, humanity will see the imprints of my buttocks and they will ask themselves: What kind of divine being left these marks and what is the meaning of them? That is how the philosopher Buttoksius will be the most respected person when he learns the truth.

• Like 2

Is it wrong that I'm now hungry for cheese curds?

I don't even know what the **** they are!

-Elwood Blues

I will have you know that they are very firm and they have shaped many a chair over the years. In 500 years, humanity will see the imprints of my buttocks and they will ask themselves: What kind of divine being left these marks and what is the meaning of them? That is how the philosopher Buttoksius will be the most respected person when he learns the truth.

Ozymandias may have left his leg stumps as a symbol of the futility of life. But you will leave your bottom dimple as a symbol of hope and the magnificence of all human achievement.

EDIT: Btw, yes I had/have pneumonia. I am now on antibiotics.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Guess what? I'm in the whiskey business now! Sort of.... I joined an investment group to buy a minority stake in Short Mountain Distillery over in Woodbury. Usually I support whiskey makers the old fashion way... drink a lot of their products. Now I'm trying a new way to go.

Usually small start ups with limited capital don't make sound investments but in this case it's family owned and family run and their overhead is pretty low and I love their marketing. Now I guess I should try a bottle of their hootch and see what we see.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guess what? I'm in the whiskey business now! Sort of.... I joined an investment group to buy a minority stake in Short Mountain Distillery over in Woodbury. Usually I support whiskey makers the old fashion way... drink a lot of their products. Now I'm trying a new way to go.

Usually small start ups with limited capital don't make sound investments but in this case it's family owned and family run and their overhead is pretty low and I love their marketing. Now I guess I should try a bottle of their hootch and see what we see.

I support the idea of you investing in a whiskey business, its Tennessee after all. I imagine you guys were drinking whiskey when you came out the womb? 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I support the idea of you investing in a whiskey business, its Tennessee after all. I imagine you guys were drinking whiskey when you came out the womb? 

:lol:  Nah, I was born in Miami. And I was a beer drinker for most of my days. I didn't really get into hard liquor until I discovered bourbon and could afford the good stuff.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was a little bummed to see he wasn't brewing it himself. :(

That is still illegal... more is the pity!

But I do live in an isolated, wooded area with good soil, a freshwater stream on my property and plenty of expertise on growing corn and basic chemistry. I could do it if I were so inclined.

Thomas Sowell

I hate alcohol. I hate drinking it, and I hate being around people who are drinking it. I stay far away from it. Best of luck with your business investment though.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I hate alcohol. I hate drinking it, and I hate being around people who are drinking it. I stay far away from it. Best of luck with your business investment though.

Why do you hate being around people who drink alcohol ? Bad experiences I assume

You should hang around with me when I drink, we will have loads of fun :dancing:  :dancing:

John Milton 

Congratulations!

Looks like they're still in the white-lightning phase of a start-up distillery (i.e., whiskey not yet ready, but selling moonshine or similar un-aged liquor).  Let us know when they've got a batch of bourbon ready for market and I'll give it a try if they distribute in my area. 

Why do you hate being around people who drink alcohol ? Bad experiences I assume

You should hang around with me when I drink, we will have loads of fun :dancing:  :dancing:

Bad experiences would be correct.