RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Going to assume she isn't playable?

*ducks*

They're going to have ducks in the next AC game?

Well crap, I might have to violate my rule against yearly franchises.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"I think there is a place for casual mode in gaming. Some people who once played computer games to excess now have much less free time because of a career, never-ending home repair, car problems, supporting a family, &c. They probably want to experience an enjoyable visual adventure without all the time-consuming grinding."

All, I read when I see this is a lot of crying and ignorance. People like that don't want to play games they want to pretend to play games. 'Casual mode' is 'stupid mode'.  How cna you claim to be someone who likes to PLAY games when you want the games so 'casual'/'dumbed down' that it basically plays itself? That's beyond illogical.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

*ducks*

They're going to have ducks in the next AC game?

Well crap, I might have to violate my rule against yearly franchises.

Couldn't have the french revolution without the ducks in the seine.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

She's not.  I believe I remember reading you rescue her at some point in the game (Why is an assassin rescuing a templar?  Are they going to do a Romeo & Juliet type deal?), because teh wimmins always be needin' rescuing.  :shifty:

It's going to suck like all the others. 

Pirate Creed was damn good.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Assassin's Creed Unit PC requirements:

Minimum:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-23-assassins-creed-unitys-pc-system-requirements-revealed

680 minimum... lulz

Elise_profile_picture_HR.jpg

Für Elise, everything.

Pippi Långstrump?

• Like 3

Assassin's Creed Unit PC requirements:

Minimum:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-23-assassins-creed-unitys-pc-system-requirements-revealed

680 minimum... lulz

Elise_profile_picture_HR.jpg

Für Elise, everything.

Pippi Långstrump?

I doubt she's half as badass and awesome as Pippi Långstrump.

Speaking of which, why hasn't Pippi been rebooted/remade (in the states, at least)?  Tons of much ****tier children's characters are rebooted/remade all the time, isn't it time for a new Pippi tv series/movie?  Pippi is the freakin' best.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Actually it was fairly good and more along the lines of opening the medium to critique from everyone, including the feminists.

Although I have to wonder just how aware he is about what game journalism has become.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Except he doesn't want people to criticize artciles from them. That's silly talk. If you make a you tube video you are gonna get all sorts of visitors. FF is not unique in its intake of trolls. Has he even gone on utube? Almost every video uploaded has people literlaly bashing the person who made it. It's not unique. That's the way people are period. It's not a 'gamer' or 'anti gamer' issue. It's not a male or female issue'. It's a person issue. PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Actually it was fairly good and more along the lines of opening the medium to critique from everyone, including the feminists.

Although I have to wonder just how aware he is about what game journalism has become.

There is wisdom in Gaider's words, but as you say his head is up his fundament about the state of games 'journalism' where the paucity of diversity of opinion is startling. That is to say 99.9% of the gaming sites have taken the easy PC position.

sonsofgygax.JPG

to be honest, in my eyes Gaider comes off as a very immature person. the problem is way deeper than he makes it look, and Sarkesian is also a part of that problem, which he goes on to completely ignore. maybe I'm reading too much into it, but he makes it sound as though the fact that Sarkesian identifies herself as a feminist absolves her of all guilt before other feminists

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think what he's saying is that Anita is easily ignored. Then he balances that out with acknowledging she might use her gender as a blunt instrument.

Personally I think Anita can say what she likes. I think she might have a point in there, somewhere, if she wanted to find it without coming across as the new Joan of Arc of gaming. I find cultural critics / pop-sociologists of every political stripe fairly ludicrous, but the treatment she's received on the internet disgusts me.

I'd be interested in what Dave Gaider thinks about the uniformity of opinion in the gaming press and how their views don't mirror those of many, many gamers. And how the right-on mafia would probably snark any news site with a differing view out of existence.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Then he balances that out with acknowledging she might use her gender as a blunt instrument.

didn't see that in there, thanks for pointing it out, I'll re-read his post

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Anita would likely be a complete unknown if a handful of a-holes hadn't decided to go after her when her Kickstarter launched. Maybe I'm wrong, but I only heard about her because of the abuse that she received back then. The haters made Sarkeesian what she is.

Edited by Noviere

He's like a modern day Ambrose Bierce. The amusing thing is, when I've quoted from A. Bierce in the past, I was accused of being sexist. Ah, the heady days of PC intolerance... :p

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."