Drama and games journalism, soggy leg joint edition

Tale

That's got to be the single worst article I've ever read. Especially the portion where the guy claims the companies are bending to our "spurious claims" and that simply linking their articles and twitter posts isn't enough to make anyone sensible pull ads.

So this came out

https://archive.today/b42zF

Please turn your speaker volume to maximum for best results:

EDIT: Btw your archive is broken. This is giving gawker views.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

So this came out

Unfortunately that took me to Gawker, I feel dirty.

I'm going to have to stifle a laugh here. You're throwing a fit because someone told your customers(Gawker believes its advertisers to be customers and readers its product) that you were insulting their potential customers? And you think calling advertisers names is going to encourage them to come back?

How ****ing stupid are these people? Is there no editor there to look at this and go "maybe insulting the people who pay us isn't a great idea"? I find it utterly baffling the contempt they show for their customers and have to wonder how the ship hasn't already sunk. You **** already leaked Tarantino's script for Hateful Eight so we know you have no ethical standards, but this is just beyond ridiculous.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So this came out

I'm going to have to stifle a laugh here. You're throwing a fit because someone told your customers(Gawker believes its advertisers to be customers and readers its product) that you were insulting their potential customers? And you think calling advertisers names is going to encourage them to come back?

How ****ing stupid are these people? Is there no editor there to look at this and go "maybe insulting the people who pay us isn't a great idea"? I find it utterly baffling the contempt they show for their customers and have to wonder how the ship hasn't already sunk. You **** already leaked Tarantino's script for Hateful Eight so we know you have no ethical standards, but this is just beyond ridiculous.

Maybe next time there could be an alert that we will be directed to anti-gamergate sites. We don't want to give them views by mistake.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

So this came out

Maybe next time there could be an alert that we will be directed to anti-gamergate sites. We don't want to give them views by mistake.

In Orogun's defense, he meant to link an archive.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm not quite satisfied with just ONE video attempting to sum up my reaction to that article.

As such, allow me to provide you all with multiple alternatives so that you can decide for yourselves which one you consider the most appropriate:

And here's some videos more appropriate for those seeking damning evidence to use against Gawker by forwarding it to their advertisers, and how such people might feel right now:

http://youtu.be/vu4xG5GA2-c?t=12m49s

Here I even found some to describe how the gawker journalists will feel in about a week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZT0ewjOpN4

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Yknow, I still don't feel it's enough. I'm beginning to feel as though it's impossible to react to that article enough.

That article is literally a suicide note from Gawker. Ladies and Gentlemen, you are witnessing a pivotal moment in GamerGate history. Mark my words, either the author of that article is going to be fired within the next 48 hours or you're going to see advertisers abandon ship at alarming rates....or both.

I'm....speechless. That article....it just fills me with joy. Joy in the sense that that was such an unbelievably terrible move from Gawker media to the point where it's downright hysterical and hilarious. Joy in the sense of how absolutely absurd it is that we're learning quite a bit about how terrible and half-assed today's journalism industry is as a whole (not just games media), and why....? All because the people employed by games media are ****ing children. Yknow it's like this kind of stuff with everyone in the industry being buddy-buddy with each other and thus corrupting the industry as a whole? Happens all the time. But sadly, they usually get away with it. And here we are, our guys AREN'T getting away with it, and why...? Because apparently it's too much to ****ing ask for games journalists to act older than 5 years old for five seconds.

I cannot laugh hard enough at this. I can only watch with a devilishly evil grin on my face as I lounge in my chair and drink in the succulent Schadenfreude these guys are passing out like candy. I've spent much of the past week or two being fascinated by how stupid and corrupt people are, disgusted and crestfallen by it all. But now...? Now I'm more fascinated than ever, but now I can only roll on the floor laughing at how absolutely retarded these people are, and how they ACTUALLY thought they were going to survive GamerGate.

Tell me I'm not the only one that cannot stop re-reading that article, laughing at how "beautiful" it is.

• Like 1

Tell me I'm not the only one that cannot stop re-reading that article, laughing at how "beautiful" it is.

I think you may be the only one.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I think you may be the only one.

It's seriously history. I cannot understate the significance that article will have. And to think it could've easily been avoided by....acting like adults instead of writing off childish emotional impulses....that article is one in a million. It's not everyday you get to watch a journalist write his own obituary.

Now now people, let's just see how it plays out. 

Criticizing your advertisers is one thing, that article was flat out insulting them. I don't know that there would be a professional relationship that would survive it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Now now people, let's just see how it plays out.

There's seriously nothing to "see," to discuss, or to wait on. It's GG. As in "good game." Gawker is toast.

Dey got played like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyUluO-1vwY

Edited by Longknife

Dey got played like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyUluO-1vwY

I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, but at a high skill level the game becomes terrible. The banned/limited list constantly changes, whoever is lame enough to copy decks online is always boring to duel, and new types of monsters introduced shattered the game's already poor balance. 

Btw Zoe doxxed that....muscular guy. Mike Cerivishciochsichdcishc or whatever. The one who is also a lawyer.

So they appear to be losing their cool all across the board.

Btw Zoe doxxed that....muscular guy. Mike Cerivishciochsichdcishc or whatever. The one who is also a lawyer.

Any links for proof?

Any links for proof?

Sorry, had gotten caught up in reading stuff: https://twitter.com/PlayDangerously/status/525041932037156864

Follow his link, then follow her link. The article she links to does everything from writing a small slanderous biography while showing photos of his house.

Links bro?

EDIT: Read the article, at first thought it was the same whiny noise I've come to expect, then I saw where his address was posted. Oh ****.

Edited by KaineParker

Links bro?

I JUS' DID.

Real question is how the media is gonna mention Zoe again if she's guilty of some of the exact same **** she was complaining about.

Links bro?

I JUS' DID.

Real question is how the media is gonna mention Zoe again if she's guilty of some of the exact same **** she was complaining about.

Without mentioning she did it. If they can ignore all the other things, they can ignore this too.

• Like 1

Without mentioning she did it. If they can ignore all the other things, they can ignore this too.

This is absolute insanity, this world we live in....

And today has been particularly special. Whole day summarized as:

MEANWHILE, AT ANTI-GG HEADQUARTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmC62Eg82E8

Doxxing isn't very nice.

That's putting it lightly.

Newest from twitterverse

Felicia Day's blog post where she writes down her thoughts about GamerGate and how it has effected her. 

http://thisfeliciaday.tumblr.com/post/100700417809/the-only-thing-i-have-to-say-about-gamer-gate

EDIT:

Article where journalist tries to find out what is the thing that gamergate movement wants. Writer seems to be bit frustrated about end results.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/10/gamergate-should-stop-lying-to-itself.html?n_play=5447d040e4b00a112b2a20ae

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 2

Doxxing isn't very nice.

Part of the equation though. People have spent the last 10 years callously making all kinds of personal information available on facebook and whatnot and then proceed to get mad when someone bothers to dig it up. The part of it related to threats is deplorable, but having your real life persona called out for something you said anonimously, that can actually be pretty helpful. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Doxxing isn't very nice.

Part of the equation though. People have spent the last 10 years callously making all kinds of personal information available on facebook and whatnot and then proceed to get mad when someone bothers to dig it up. The part of it related to threats is deplorable, but having your real life persona called out for something you said anonimously, that can actually be pretty helpful.

I was speaking more towards those whose personal information(phone number, address, etc.) isn't publicly available. I believe it to be an invasion of privacy when personal information is leaked in such a manner.