Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for an online gaming group!

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Marky

Marky

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Re: bear names, the one with the doctorate in entomology should obviously be called Powell, in memory of Philip Powell Calvert, father of studying dragonflies, while the kymatologist shall bear the name Hagen-Poiseuille, because I'm biased towards physiological applications of the field, and couldn't decide between the two gentlemen.

Edit: On a second thought, I guess you could go Poiseuille for Powell & Poiseuille alliteration points. "WITNESS THE POWER OF MY POWELL & POISEUILLE BRAND BEAR BLASTER" has a nice ring to it.

I like the alliteration, and Powell is good. The other bear is not a kymatologist though, but an expert in teddy bears, so I'm thinking of Paddie or Pooh. Maybe, in honour of one of the original teddy bears: PB or Plush?

PB would make it even more alliterate.

Yupp, I've heard from him yesterday. His net died, and his service provider isn't in a hurry to fix it for some reason (hint: they're ****).

That sucks, I hope it works out for him.

Edited by Marky, 18 November 2014 - 05:13 AM.

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts

Re: bear names, the one with the doctorate in entomology should obviously be called Powell, in memory of Philip Powell Calvert, father of studying dragonflies, while the kymatologist shall bear the name Hagen-Poiseuille, because I'm biased towards physiological applications of the field, and couldn't decide between the two gentlemen.

Edit: On a second thought, I guess you could go Poiseuille for Powell & Poiseuille alliteration points. "WITNESS THE POWER OF MY POWELL & POISEUILLE BRAND BEAR BLASTER" has a nice ring to it.

I like the alliteration, and Powell is good. The other bear is not a kymatologist though, but an expert in teddy bears, so I'm thinking of Paddie or Pooh. Maybe, in honour of one of the original teddy bears: PB or Plush?

PB would make it even more alliterate.

Oooh, how about PP (short for Philip Powell) and PB?

Pooh is also good, regularly saying "poo" ingame pleases the immature parts of my mind.

Marky

Marky

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Oooh, how about PP (short for Philip Powell) and PB?

Pooh is also good, regularly saying "poo" ingame pleases the immature parts of my mind.

Me too.

Damn, now I have a tough choice to make.

Marky

Marky

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

OK, I've decided that, "Pooh, the teddy bear expert, and PP the entomologist", is too immature and funny to pass up.

My Blaster just keeps getting better and better.

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts

Am thinking we should do character theme songs.

PoisonWar

PoisonWar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts

Double P and Pooh... Really guys? xD

Theme songs:

Chimron

Well, i'm gonna guess that the obvious choice for someone who rides the lighting would be Metallica-Ride the lightning. Not a big fan of it though.
Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder
Manowar's - Thunder in the sky.
Leatherwolf - Thunder.

Blaze Bayley - Silicon Messiah

Elric

Something either traumatic, or goal driven, may-hap both?
Caught Somewhere in time - Iron Maiden
Wasted Years - Iron Maiden
Heavy Load - Still There Is Time

Blaze Bayley - Time to Dare

Viktor

Blaze Bayley - Ghost in the Machine
Slayer - Metal Storm/Face the Slayer

Omega Lithium - Kinetic

Hard to find songs about Machines and stuff,

Edited by PoisonWar, 18 November 2014 - 03:06 PM.

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts

Double P and Pooh... Really guys? xD

Theme songs:

Chimron

Well, i'm gonna guess that the obvious choice for someone who rides the lighting would be Metallica-Ride the lightning. Not a big fan of it though.
Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder
Manowar's - Thunder in the sky.
Leatherwolf - Thunder.

Blaze Bayley - Silicon Messiah

Elric

Something either traumatic, or goal driven, may-hap both?
Caught Somewhere in time - Iron Maiden
Wasted Years - Iron Maiden
Heavy Load - Still There Is Time

Blaze Bayley - Time to Dare

Yeah, Ride the Lightning is both really obvious and really, really crap.

Other contenders:

KISS - God of Thunder: points for the title, also for this part:

I am the lord of the wastelands

A modern day Man of Steel

I gather darkness to please me*

And I command you to kneel

Before the

GOD OF THUNDER

*Reminder: if I choose this, I should pick up Blackout.

OTOH, the part about robbing virgin souls literally does not compute. Also, very retro, not in a good way.

The Prodigy - Thunder: one could make a case for electronic music fitting well with the guy(/gal/both/neither) manipulating electricity. Lyrics has zero thematic resonance, though.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck: 'Nuff said. Then again, if you don't speak Hungarian, it's probably significantly less entertaining.

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God: I like it, despite the lyrics being pretty much antithetical to the character's essence. On the other hand, I can't help but feel that the entire genre of "viking metal" has the same penchant for somewhat silly theatrics Chimron does, making it fitting on a meta level. Title's bad luck, but I guess I could frame it as "twilight-as-decrease-in-ambient-brightness brought on by the Thunder God" instead of its original meaning.

As for Elric, his theme song is obvious. If only we could somehow convince him to pick up Medicine...

Marky

Marky

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think Time by Pink Floyd is very fitting for Elric. The lyrics kinda fit with him not caring about the future.

By the way, how do I embed videos?

PoisonWar

PoisonWar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts

I think Time by Pink Floyd is very fitting for Elric. The lyrics kinda fit with him not caring about the future.

By the way, how do I embed videos?

I need to spend more TIME listening to Pink Floyd,,,

ALSO, let's discuss the possibility of having two simultaneous campaigns! As you may or may not remember i've expressed interest in running a Blood Tide campaign alongside out Numenera one.The options are as follows:

1) Alternate, every week or just based on what you guys want to play.

2) Use a different date.

Also, i have to inform you guys in advance that I won't be able to run a game on the 29th of November (not this week, but the next) As I am attending a concert by a fellow Ukrainian rock band :). So we could find a different time/date for that particular session it would be nice. Cause i don't really want to miss sessions. This is a one-time thing only, and shouldn't be happening very often.

Edited by PoisonWar, 19 November 2014 - 02:15 PM.

PoisonWar

PoisonWar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts

Okay so what happened last session:

We generated characters for a back-up Mage:The Ascension campaign for when we have missing players and a major plot point coming up.

I'm thinking of making it kind of a kung-fu movie setting in modern day Shanghai, what do you guys think?

This weeks session was agreed to take place on November 30th at the usual time.

The rest lies in the hands of fate.

PS: As a side project i have been working on some custom Foci for good ol' Numenera... these may or may not have an impact on the events to unfold :)

Marky

Marky

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Kung-fu? Awesome.

I remember you guys saying that WoD products are more horror focused, is this campaign going to be oriented towards horror?

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts

I'm thinking of making it kind of a kung-fu movie setting in modern day Shanghai, what do you guys think?

That sounds awesome, especially since Zoli's thinking about an Akashic Brotherhood character.

On the other hand, my very western and not at all kungfu-oriented character may not be the best suited to this concept. I'll replace him with a Son of Ether gunslinger or an Ecstatic socialite/kung-fu dude specializing in Forces and Time and oh my god writing this I have realized I've just created the unholy love child of Chimron and Elric. So probably it will be the gunslinger dude.

PoisonWar

PoisonWar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts

Kung-fu? Awesome.

I remember you guys saying that WoD products are more horror focused, is this campaign going to be oriented towards horror?

There will be elements of that, i'm drawing inspiration from Chinese mythology. But the majority of it will be you guys dealing with the complications of being a mage.

That sounds awesome, especially since Zoli's thinking about an Akashic Brotherhood character.

On the other hand, my very western and not at all kungfu-oriented character may not be the best suited to this concept. I'll replace him with a Son of Ether gunslinger or an Ecstatic socialite/kung-fu dude specializing in Forces and Time and oh my god writing this I have realized I've just created the unholy love child of Chimron and Elric. So probably it will be the gunslinger dude.

Remember that your characters don't have to be of Chinese descent, if they are foreigners, im happy to give them an extra dot in linguistics so they can speak basic Mandarin. And remember, the more eccentric the characters, the funner/funnier it will be! So you can have your gunslinger dress in a duster, wear a cowboy hat and maybe even wear the heavy boots with the star.

But yeah if you guys want to re-think your characters, and put more into martial arts, feel free.

But what I need is a bit of back story, who are your characters? what do they do/did for a living? What are they now doing in Shanghai?

So far i'm having a lot of fun writing down ideas that come to mind for this campaign,, Often in the middle of lectures... But that's just how things go..

PoisonWar

PoisonWar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts

We're starting out our Mage Campaign today. here's the link:
https://app.roll20.n...n/591300/yvEl2g

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7301 posts

I LIVE AGAIN!
Stupid routers...

Marky

Marky

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You're still alive?

WOOHOO!

PoisonWar

PoisonWar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts

0928-frankenstein-moon_full_600.jpg

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts

...Btw., shouldn't we try The Strange someday? Genre-hopping pulpy transdimensional goodness with Numenera's system is awshum.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid, 05 December 2014 - 02:44 PM.

PoisonWar

PoisonWar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts

While I intend to purchase The Strange (because Monte Cook FTW), I do not own it yet though, but when my budget allows me to do so.. I will :D. And then we may do a play-through be it campaign or one-shot. We shall see!

aluminiumtrioxid

aluminiumtrioxid

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts

I do not own it yet though, but when my budget allows me to do so.. I will 

I am humbled by your restraint and integrity. *wink wink*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users