I love the exceptional graphics, but 2 suggestions

Short post really, but on my 120 hz monitor the game looks stunning. It's all I dreamed a modern conversion of IE would be, lush, clean, and very well balanced regarding model aesthetics.

I did notice 2 things regarding models. Consider these humble suggestions:

1) We should be able to play with character model size (within the parameters of the racial maximum minimum heights) during creation

2) Dwarven heads are too big. I mean, encephalitis big. Just shrinking those handsome dwarf craniums 20% should balance their proportions from chibi to proper.

• Like 8

Why would character size matter? It'll only change the in-game view by a pixel row or two. But I guess they could have a small-medium-large option for those who like to fiddle with the character build.

I believe they had to modify some of the proportions for the purposes of seeing them in game.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

How do you know how big dwarven heads should be? You got some fantasy dwarves hidden somewhere that we don't know about? :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

+1 to shrinking the gigantic dwarf heads (as well as aumuauauauaua heads, to a lesser degree). The adjustments to character posture, female moon godlike heads, and orlan heads since 278 are a huge improvement, but dwarves still look kind of like they've been summering in the uncanny valley.

Also, I know it's too late, but [insert generic complaint about death godlike looking awful].

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Isn't looking ugly kind of the point? ;)

I'd be fine with ugly. Aumaauauauauau look ugly, and I'm not complaining. As it is, though, they look stupid.

+1 to the Dwarven heads.

I think you mean MINUS one, right? :)

I WILL END YOU

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

+1 to the Dwarven heads.

I think you mean MINUS one, right? :)

I WILL END YOU

I WILL BEGIN YOU!

... Wait... o_O

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I totally forgot about that show! That would be HILARIOUS if the Aumaua were just sharks with beefy arms and legs! Haha...

How do you know how big dwarven heads should be? You got some fantasy dwarves hidden somewhere that we don't know about? :)

Male dwarves should have bigger heads than female dwarves :teehee:

More seriously though, big head tend to make models look like caricatures – less 'elegant'. Just my 2¢ 

Male dwarves should have bigger heads than female dwarves :teehee:

More seriously though, big head tend to make models look like caricatures – less 'elegant'. Just my 2¢ 

Yeah well dwarven heads need to be large enough to store all the extra ale they haven't swallowed yet. To compensate, female dwarven hips should have evolved to be equally humongous so that their offspring can make it out in one piece...

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't mind if the death godlike had smaller head growth options. The wiki says the growths can go from just covering the eyes to the entire head. So it would be pretty sweet if they had at least one option that looked more like an eye cover/mask.  

• Like 1

Break beneath the endless tide - monk

I wouldn't mind if the death godlike had smaller head growth options. The wiki says the growths can go from just covering the eyes to the entire head. So it would be pretty sweet if they had at least one option that looked more like an eye cover/mask.  

Female Deathlikes get an almost perfect "helmet"-looking growth. I'd love to see something similar for male Deathlikes. Right now, all the male options are downright gaudy.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg