What you did today.

Rosbjerg

Nice office drama - emails complaining of management's uselessness and then people snitching to management. Good times :lol:

So based on that you work in every office in the world! :lol:

I'm betting you read Dilbert and marvel about how true it is. I know I do!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nice office drama - emails complaining of management's uselessness and then people snitching to management. Good times :lol:

So based on that you work in every office in the world! :lol:

I'm betting you read Dilbert and marvel about how true it is. I know I do!

Hm, probably. I never throw coworkers under the bus, management is the enemy after all. But the guy that did this is a manager now, but was "one of us" once, heh. Company men, I guess.

I don't really read Dilbert. I watch Office Space and dream of working there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My wife is recuperating from surgery.  There was no evidence of anything major wrong, so that is good.  But we need to do more tests to see if we can figure out what is causing the pancreas to flare up.

What was the surgery for? Exploratory?

She has chronic pancreatitis.  A couple years ago, her pancreas flared up and she was in the hospital for about a week.  They don't really know what caused it, possibly her birth control pills.  Since then she has been on a restricted diet and takes enzymes with every meal to help process fat and sugar.  She had a flare up again recently, but it wasn't quite as bad.  The problem is it has not improved at all (although it hasn't gotten much worse) so they want to take a closer look.  It's not really clear why it is happening.

We get an MRI next.  

Hope you get a handle on it quickly Hurlshot, good luck.

I've been taking turns between wich end of me ejaculates at the toilet while trying to drink as much water as possible. I hate being sick.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's that part of the year when finding any sort of joy is hard to find. I hate rain and snow so much. Tough times at work. Stock market is shaky and I declined to try out the whole real estate thing I was talking about some time ago. I have also felt rusty the last few days.

I need a vacation.

I'd recommend Zion, personally. Unless you're afraid of heights or not sure-footed. I confirmed that I am close to Bighorner-status in footwork when scrambling up the Canyon Overlook and Angels' Landing trails.

Incidentally, there is nothing legally disclosable between Vegas and St. George, UT, so fill up that gas tank.

My aunt died two days ago and I'm swamped at school... Not much else to report.

I have a lot of aunts and there is a specific one whose death I would not mourn. And I have Al-Jebr homework to do. JUUUUUUUUUUUST SAAAAAYIN'

I need a vacation, but I certainly can't take one. Especially not to the US!  :sorcerer:

I also have the footwork of a blind elephant trying to walk on a zip line. I'd die after 50 meters of climbing/walking.

My wife is recuperating from surgery.  There was no evidence of anything major wrong, so that is good.  But we need to do more tests to see if we can figure out what is causing the pancreas to flare up.

What was the surgery for? Exploratory?

She has chronic pancreatitis.  A couple years ago, her pancreas flared up and she was in the hospital for about a week.  They don't really know what caused it, possibly her birth control pills.  Since then she has been on a restricted diet and takes enzymes with every meal to help process fat and sugar.  She had a flare up again recently, but it wasn't quite as bad.  The problem is it has not improved at all (although it hasn't gotten much worse) so they want to take a closer look.  It's not really clear why it is happening.

We get an MRI next.  

Sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Got a job back in the Helsinki metro area, going to start on the 1st of december. Just a contract, but a large outfit with international possibilities. Also going to get a cubicle for the first time :D

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Got a job back in the Helsinki metro area, going to start on the 1st of december. Just a contract, but a large outfit with international possibilities. Also going to get a cubicle for the first time :D

Gratz, thank goodness  you will now  be closer to some decent brothels and strip-clubs :sweat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I am planning on getting into a serious debate tonight on this talk show I listen to, the topic coming up is "What is the issue with African leadership"

Should be very interesting :geek:

John Milton 

I'm dressed like Pennywise the danicng clown and hitting on a pregnant nun.

I've also consumed a lot of vodka and wondering if I can pull it off.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Went for a walk down along Cold Creek with Lady GD and the dogs tonight. It was cool, right at sunset leaves rustling. Just perfect. Now I'm sitting on my porch listening to the coyotes down in Anderson Tully and drinking a glass of Kentucky's finest.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went for a walk down along Cold Creek with Lady GD and the dogs tonight. It was cool, right at sunset leaves rustling. Just perfect. Now I'm sitting on my porch listening to the coyotes down in Anderson Tully and drinking a glass of Kentucky's finest.

As I mentioned  before I  love your lifestyle and the environment you live in, " listening to the coyotes"

I have a real picturesque view of where you stay. I can still  imagine you saying " and then huckleberry sailed past me on his raft looking for further adventures down the great river " :lol: 

• Like 1

John Milton 

Upbetimes, but half awake.

Receive text message saying 'rebels attack Idlib'.

Think "What can the Rebel Alliance want with a small town in Syria?"

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As I mentioned  before I  love your lifestyle and the environment you live in, " listening to the coyotes"

I have a real picturesque view of where you stay. I can still  imagine you saying " and then huckleberry sailed past me on his raft looking for further adventures down the great river " :lol:

:lol:  It's probably less idyllic than I make it sound but I do go to great lengths to live a stress free life. Fortunately I've had some success in my professional life the past few years that enables me to do that. The only thing I hate is that living out here means a long commute for my wife but she swears she doesn't mind.

I do love this house and this land. Having this was my lifelong dream. I don't think I'd ever give it up.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Discovered roughly 10 seconds ago that clicking the little thought bubble icon to the left of threads on here, (84a254f57a.png - or just the white circle for topics I haven't posted in), lets you go the earliest unread post. This will make reading new posts in highly actively threads on here a million times easier.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm surprisingly not hung over. Think I'll go for a walk.

Discovered roughly 10 seconds ago that clicking the little thought bubble icon to the left of threads on here, (84a254f57a.png - or just the white circle for topics I haven't posted in), lets you go the earliest unread post. This will make reading new posts in highly actively threads on here a million times easier.

Yeah, it's so much easier to keep track that way.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm surprisingly not hung over. Think I'll go for a walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osldhYv3bIE

Key point: when you get older you don't just believe the hangover bull****. You believe ALL your own bull****. :)

It's FANTASTIC.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good day, finished my assignment easily, won in chess and had bacon.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cleaned the balls out of my place. Cut up all the empty cardboard boxes that were reproducing on their own in the darkness, thanks to a compulsion to save original packaging. Moved the fridge and the oven and vacuumed underneath--found only dust and one Cocoa Puff. Dusted and Dysoned everything else, all in advance of today's incoming nerd care package: a Punisher seatbelt belt, Wonder Woman throw blanket, a G.I. Joe shirt printed with the Arashikage symbol, and a gargantuan 20oz Wonder Woman coffee mug. The She-Hulk shirt I wanted was sold-out. 

ww20oz_zpse85a036d.jpg

All Stop. On Screen.

Had 4 girls say "you should write a book!" sometimes it's its too easy ;)

I've never had a girl tell me to write a book. I've had plenty throw books at me though.

• Like 3