What is your favorite class at this point?

Marceror

Which of PoE's 11 Classes Is Your Favorite?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which of PoE's Combat Classes is your favorite (please vote for only 1 class across both polls)

• Barbarian
    • Fighter
    • Monk
    • Paladin
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • I voted in the other poll
  2. 2. Which of PoE's Casting Classes is your favorite? (please vote for only 1 class across both polls)

• Chanter
    • Cipher
    • Druid
    • Priest
    • Wizard
    • I voted in the other poll

Understanding that the classes are very much in flux, I'm curious which classes are currently everyone's favorites at this moment. Feel free to vote in the poll, and share why in the thread if you feel so inclined.

I broke the poll into 2 parts, since only 10 poll options are possible in a single poll.

Please only vote for your favorite class, and use the "I voted in the other poll" option for the poll that does not contain your favorite.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I would have to say that my favorite class overall is the Chanter currently, as they just add so much to the group -- and keep in mind, that I don't even use their overpowered summons.

From the combat category it's the paladin. I find them to be the most interesting. Once they are working better, this may shift to the ranger.

Hey bro, you should put an "I voted in the other one" option. So I don't vote for two classes.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hey bro, you should put an "I voted in the other one" option. So I don't vote for two classes.

Good thought. Let me see if I can still do that.

EDIT: DONE! For the record, we can say that the Paladin now has one vote too many, since I voted prior to making the change. Chanter is my top vote.

EDIT2: Strike that. I realized I was able to delete my earlier vote, and vote again properly. But I've already noticed that someone else did not follow that method. Oh well.

Edited by Marceror

Ok good.

I like the Cipher the best from a conceptual point. However, it needs a lot of tweaking, both in terms of abilities and base stats. IMO it's stats should be tweaked to allow it to be more role-ready for gish/soulknife/psychic warrior stuff, which seems to me what the concept of the class is. As it is now, I think it's a bit too close to pure caster.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I like the chanter, but I am a Bard fan. I like how the chant book works. It is pretty ingenious. I enjoy the laid back approach where you are buffing in the background and can fight while doing it. Occasionally using your invocations to do some really powerful things. It is as laid back as a caster can be IMHO.

• Like 2

I like the chanter, but I am a Bard fan. I like how the chant book works. It is pretty ingenious. I enjoy the laid back approach where you are buffing in the background and can fight while doing it. Occasionally using your invocations to do some really powerful things. It is as laid back as a caster can be IMHO.

Indeed. It still needs some tweaking, but is such an improvement over the D&D bard.

• Like 1

I agree. It definitely is need of tweaks, but I really feel they did the class justice. Bards are one of the hardest type of classes to do right, and obsidian has done it IMHO.

I think it is definitely better than the IE Bard (kits included), and definitely more useful than the 3/3.5 bard. I do love the 3.5 Bard though. It is a really amazing class in the right hands.

Indeed. It still needs some tweaking, but is such an improvement over the D&D bard.

I haven't played a Chanter yet(limited time due to stupid stuff like working towards a degree and work), but improving what is generally a ****ty class isn't really saying much. From what I've read, PoE's Chanter is much cooler lore wise than the D&D Bard and looks to be mechanically much more useful and unique. Damn, I may have to play one now.

Voted Paladin but my current choice of favorite is actually still very much up in the air - for that matter I'd have a hard time choosing a real "favorite" in the IE games even now after a couple gazillion hours of playtime.

Perhaps because what I do best and enjoy most in these games is going back and making yet another concept character/team :p

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I love the Monk. I like how mobile the class feels as a result of its movement speed increases and the special ability that increases the range of its melee attacks. I also appreciate that it encourages an aggressive play style. You have to soak up damage to be effective and you have to use your special abilities during a fight otherwise you will be punished.

Edited by MasterPrudent

Surprised druids are getting so little luurve. It's my second-favorite ATM.

I like a lot about the druid - best implementation yet I think or it will be when they get the shapeshift worked out - for now my druid shapeshift just stands next to his enemy and twitches - I'd like to see the the shapeshift size reduced to a more "normal" size as well but that may not happen.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Only three votes for the mighty Muscle Wizard...?

I am disappoint...

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?