RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

A hundred million SJWs would be twittering out in terror if they weren't occupied with #GaiderGate

Never change, Nippon.

Why is that girl only wearing a string bikini?

Why is Snake not?

Because Snake is an honorable, married woman, and/or whose marital status is none of our business.

Btw,

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

I want to cancel my pre-order for Disney Marvel Infinity 2.0 after reading two successive poor reviews, but there is no option for cancellation on In-Store Pick-Up at GS. A half-assed Minecraft with no variety of gameplay seems to be a compound issue for the game. At least I didn't order the mad-expensive Collector's Edition. The weird thing is that, Game Informer is part of the Game Stop network. I pre-ordered with GS, but after reading the GI review, it's curtains on my interest.

I pre-ordered it based on really enjoying the first one, and we barely touched Toy Box mode (to the point we didn't bother buying Toy Box only figures) are the playseta that bad in this one? They had widely varying gameplay in the first. Loved the Piratws and Monsters University ones

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A hundred million SJWs would be twittering out in terror if they weren't occupied with #GaiderGate

Never change, Nippon.

In the interest of equality:

e8a1a8661ac5083d11c356ad3fa84bb4.png

You're welcome.  :brows:

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, Double Fine just cancelled Spacebase. A game already on Early Access. Going for $24.99. But they are leaving it up.

Thus proving that they should not be trusted with money. Ever.

Excuse me, but could you please explain how exactly releasing a game that has about 95% of the content they planned it having is "cancelling"?

So, Double Fine just cancelled Spacebase. A game already on Early Access. Going for $24.99. But they are leaving it up.

Thus proving that they should not be trusted with money. Ever.

Excuse me, but could you please explain how exactly releasing a game that has about 95% of the content they planned it having is "cancelling"?

Dang.  It's not really the first time I've given Double Fine money and been disappointed in the gameplay.   :getlost:

Ehm, just to be crystal clear here, the game is NOT cancelled and I have no idea where Bryy got that idea. The game is just finished and getting released as finished games tend to do.

Not liking the game is another thing of course.

This will in no way shape or form hinder me in purchasing Costume Quest 2, because moar Costume Quest!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So the argument for missing content comes from people expecting DF-9 being Dwarf Fortress in space, correct? If that's the case then I do understand the anger since the game doesn't have anywhere near the depth of Dwarf Fortress, but what I don't understand why people expected that to begin with? If Double Fine marketed it as so I completely missed it, I never expected anything else than a fun base builder and that is what I got. And looking at the achived list of planned content, vast majority of the stuff there wouldn't really noticeably improve the game or even fit in the game in my opininion and I say this as someone who has played the game since Alpha 1. There are some that would though, like multi level bases, but such is life.

BUT, if they really did go "we has the money, consumers can now GTFO" I'll be climbing on barricades too.

that's actually a really good deal, unless the game's source code and its license allow it to be repackaged into a different game with no dependencies from DF-9. assuming the source code is there only to enable people to mod the game, I bet there will be a lot of people willing to buy the game just for that 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I want to cancel my pre-order for Disney Marvel Infinity 2.0 after reading two successive poor reviews, but there is no option for cancellation on In-Store Pick-Up at GS. A half-assed Minecraft with no variety of gameplay seems to be a compound issue for the game. At least I didn't order the mad-expensive Collector's Edition. The weird thing is that, Game Informer is part of the Game Stop network. I pre-ordered with GS, but after reading the GI review, it's curtains on my interest.

I pre-ordered it based on really enjoying the first one, and we barely touched Toy Box mode (to the point we didn't bother buying Toy Box only figures) are the playseta that bad in this one? They had widely varying gameplay in the first. Loved the Piratws and Monsters University ones

The actual gameplay is supposed to be repetitive to a fault. I'm gonna get it anyway. Better to decide for myself if it's fun ... and if not, at least I'll have some cool figures. Plus I'm hoping for a Winter Soldier playset, with Falcon, maybe Agent 13 ...

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

So the argument for missing content comes from people expecting DF-9 being Dwarf Fortress in space, correct? If that's the case then I do understand the anger since the game doesn't have anywhere near the depth of Dwarf Fortress, but what I don't understand why people expected that to begin with? If Double Fine marketed it as so I completely missed it, I never expected anything else than a fun base builder and that is what I got. And looking at the achived list of planned content, vast majority of the stuff there wouldn't really noticeably improve the game or even fit in the game in my opininion and I say this as someone who has played the game since Alpha 1. There are some that would though, like multi level bases, but such is life.

BUT, if they really did go "we has the money, consumers can now GTFO" I'll be climbing on barricades too.

What irks me is that they had problems with Broken Age and could only release the first half. No scam, just ineffective budget management. Something happened again with this game. They didn't get some features in the game, but they could have told people that development would halt while they had the game on sale a week or two ago. When I see a game on sale, buy it, and then a week later learn that development will halt, then I would be mighty pissed.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Tim Schafer and Double Fine, while wonderfully creative people, are woefully lacking in the management department.  I don't think there was any malice or purposeful deception in both cases (Broken Age, DF9), or any of their previous games, it's just that this is a company that is terrible at planning for setbacks and managing resources.  Unfortunately, game development is a business, a business that requires careful planning, contingency plans, and making sacrifices to your vision to keep the project manageable.  That last part is where I think Tim Schafer has the biggest problem.  He can't help himself.  He can't stop himself from going overboard and there seems to be no one in the company that can stand up to him and stop him from himself.  His intent might be benign, to make a bigger, better game, but you have to make tough choices in development to stay within a budget and on schedule.  I hate to say it, but it might ultimately be better if he wasn't the head honcho at the company, if there was someone with the balls and the authority to keep him in check.

In random video game lack of news, TGS came and went and nothing about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.  So now the entire cons season has passed an we got nothing about the game except a simple "it's still being made and on schedule" from Nintendo at E3 when pressed for information.  I am now officially in panic mode.  Oh god, this is going to be Atlus and Nintendo's The Last Guardian, isn't it?  Every year they're going to just tell us "it's still being worked on".  5 years from now it will "still be worked on" for the Nintendo UWIWUWIEUWIEUUU (the Wii U successor), isn't it?

;(

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/22/sleeping-dogs-follow-up-triad-wars-is-a-pc-only-online-game/

Yay, it looks like there is a PC only expansion coming to Sleeping Dogs. I'll be getting this one for sure, I loved Sleeping Dogs. More news about this to follow

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/22/sleeping-dogs-follow-up-triad-wars-is-a-pc-only-online-game/

Yay, it looks like there is a PC only expansion coming to Sleeping Dogs. I'll be getting this one for sure, I loved Sleeping Dogs. More news about this to follow

It's an online game. I already knew this was coming, but...  :x

Why don't you like this concept, is it because its online?

I wonder if that just means if it will offer multiplayer ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela