BB 278 Combat Log

Matt516

Hello all,

Only played a little bit of the new build, but from what I've seen it's vastly improved. Gives me a good deal of hope that they've made this much progress in 2 weeks.

Combat and combat feedback have been improved... but something really has to be done about that log. Show less (especially regen), smaller font, better color coding, I dunno. But something really has to be done. It's far too chaotic at the moment to be useful.

That's all. It's not really a bug, just an improvement that needs to be made.

• Like 6

Also the position isn't the best for on the fly reading, but that may not change.

The position is fine ;p

Agree with your points though Matt, too much stuff happens too fast and gets reported too often.   You don't need to tell me BB Fighter gained 1 stamina from recovery, I know, he has that on all the time.

• Like 1

It should be customizable in the options so you can choose what you want displayed in the combat log. I also really like how it shows you the damage calculation details when you mouse over it.

Edited by Billy O
  • Like 2

Also the position isn't the best for on the fly reading, but that may not change.

The position is fine ;p

Agree with your points though Matt, too much stuff happens too fast and gets reported too often.   You don't need to tell me BB Fighter gained 1 stamina from recovery, I know, he has that on all the time.

Yeah I'd love to see that off by default. The only real solution is customizable options though - what if I'm fighting an enemy with really high regen and I don't realize it? I should be able to turn regen on temporarily just to see...

• Like 1

Yeah I'd love to see that off by default. The only real solution is customizable options though - what if I'm fighting an enemy with really high regen and I don't realize it? I should be able to turn regen on temporarily just to see...

This is the one thing MMO's do excel on.  We should have the option to disable or enable display of effects in the log based on some real details.  For example we should be able to disable party passive effect reporting or party regen, but have the ability to see enemy regen at the same time.

Edited by Karkarov

Well that doesn't exactly pose a problem though. Having it separated into 2 tabbed windows actually cuts down on clutter, regardless of whether or not it is actually necessary. The problem at hand is the clutter of the combat log from combat events.