NFL 2014 Season

Nepenthe

Oh man, this Niners/Chargers game.  It's headed into OT.  I don't even care who wins, I'm rooting for tie.  This day of football has been so awesome!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Geaux C-Hox, I guess.  I'm too lazy to try to figure out the playoff scenarios where Dallas can get a bye (I'll let ESPN do that for me), but I'm pretty certain a Cards loss would be beneficial toward that end.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Geaux C-Hox, I guess.  I'm too lazy to try to figure out the playoff scenarios where Dallas can get a bye (I'll let ESPN do that for me), but I'm pretty certain a Cards loss would be beneficial toward that end.

JHdFFhO.png

Dallas needs both STL to beat SEA and SF to beat ARI next week to get the #2 seed.  Othewise, they're locked into the #3, and a home game against the loser of GB-DET. 

Of course, as far as I'm concerned, the faster they exit the playoffs, the better. 

• Like 1

Rooting for Tampa Bay to put the final touch on the Saints season.  We're going for Draft position now boys.  :w00t:

Yeah, I'm looking at today's IR list as a sign of which guys on the bubble are definitely coming back. :p (armstead, strief, thomas)

That said, I have absolutely no idea what went wrong. It's like every aspect of the Saints game just collapsed. No pass rush. No corners. No interceptions. Brees throwing picks at every possible worst moment. O-line failing. Poor clock management and play-calling.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That said, I have absolutely no idea what went wrong. It's like every aspect of the Saints game just collapsed. No pass rush. No corners. No interceptions. Brees throwing picks at every possible worst moment. O-line failing. Poor clock management and play-calling.

If look at Brees' numbers strictly, they're still good, but his performance in pressure moments this year has been atrocious.  It's as if all those crunch time picks that Tony Romo hasn't thrown this year (like he's thrown in years past) were inherited by Drew Brees.  He can keep 'em as far as I'm concerned.  :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's confirmed. Looks like Jim Harbaugh is going back to Ann Arbor.

Would have been very intriguing if he were to take the Raiders job instead.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Nobody wants that Raiders job. Now maybe my Big 10 team can get back on track with Jim leading them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I don't think I could be in any more love than I already am with Aaron Rodgers after today's game. Though I nearly had a heart attack when he went down and was carted off, and continued to nearly have heart attacks each time anyone even got sort of close to him after he came back...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

49ers have confirmed, Harbaugh is gone.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So, the wildcard weekend schedule is set:

Saturday

4:35 PM (ET) Arizona at Carolina (ESPN)

8:15 PM (ET) Baltimore at Pittsburgh (NBC)

Sunday

1:05 PM (ET) Cincinnati at Indianapolis (CBS)

4:40 PM (ET) Detroit at Dallas (FOX)

My predictions:

Carolina - Arizona doesn't have a QB.  Their defense is tremendous, but there is only so much you can do without a QB.  It's pretty crazy that Arizona's shining hope is that Drew Stanton miraculously comes back to play in this game.  Drew Freakin' Stanton.

Pittsburgh - Much will depend on whether Le'Veon Bell will play or not.  Both teams are Jeckyll & Hyde teams and I don't trust either of them.  I guess I trust Baltimore less.

Cincinnati - I hate to back a team led by Andy Freakin' Dalton, I really really hate it, but I don't trust the Colts a single bit.  I think they are overrated and their record is highly inflated due to playing in a **** division.

Dallas - The Cowboys are peaking at the right time, playing their best football of the season right now.  Also, Matthew Stafford sucks.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

49ers have confirmed, Harbaugh is gone.

Harbaugh has a cushy landing zone though with an $8m per year pillow.  lol

As he should, his record is crazy good.  What a bizarre situation.

Edited by Hurlshot