DnD Audiobook for free: The Legend of Drizzt - R.A. Salvatore

Sloul

Just go over this link: audible.com/wizards

Create an account if you do not own an amazon account.

Enjoy!

Here is what we are talking about:

61aaf100-c265-48bc-8e66-4c236f0ee7e6.jpg

And here is what you get in your library:

c5ad2092-efd4-4e72-a936-4d5e7023424d.jpg

As you can see it is worth about 20 hours.

I heard about this promotion thanks to acomicbookgirl who hosts a show on youtube.

Also if you use audible.com/acomicbookgirl you'll have one audio book of your choice for free regardless of its price.

I myself picked The Dark Worlds of H.P. Lovecraft vol 1. (3hrs)

I did not yet start any of this, so I don't exactly know what to expect and if im going to like this media or not, but I guess that much free is a good way to have a taste of it.

Edited by Sloul

No no no. The "Legend of Drizzt" encompasses ALL Drizzt books, which is around 20-30 books.

What you're offered here is some "Collected Stories", which is some novellas I guess? Either way, it's completely worthless.

And if you want free audio books, just register on Audible.com and you get your first audio book for free. And if you want another one for free, register with another credit card, etc.

Anyway, if you're going to read about Drizzt for the first time, it is imperative not to start in the order the books were coming out, but in the chronological order, meaning you have to start with the Dark Elf trilogy.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Is this the one that Ice T narrated? If so, it should be comedy gold.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Sometimes I lie in bed wishing more people knew about how really f**king cool Drizzt is...

You being the kind of person who thinks Drizzt is cool explains a lot about other facets of your personality :p

1) You misunderstand, I don't think, I KNOW he's cool. Super cool.

2) That fact doesn't say anything about me at all, because basically all sentient beings who know Drizzt know that he's super awesome. It's a universal thing. It's like the common trait of all living beings.

1) You misunderstand, I don't think, I KNOW he's cool. Super cool.

2) That fact doesn't say anything about me at all, because basically all sentient beings who know Drizzt know that he's super awesome. It's a universal thing. It's like the common trait of all living beings.

You're entitled to that opinion *nods sagely*

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I feel like 9 books probably would have been the right number to devote to Drizzt.  I enjoyed the stuff in High School, and then it just kinda hit a point where I was like meh.

I tried to pick up one of the latest a few years ago, (or something), and it was really depressing, in more ways than one. All of his old friends were long dead of old age, and he'd outlived everyone, yet the great bloody fool was still trudging on. Couldn't make it past like the second chapter.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Personally I find Mr Salvatore's prose to be quite torturous, i'm afraid that free is not quite good enough, i'd have to be paid to listen to or read his works.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I feel like 9 books probably would have been the right number to devote to Drizzt.  I enjoyed the stuff in High School, and then it just kinda hit a point where I was like meh.

I tried to pick up one of the latest a few years ago, (or something), and it was really depressing, in more ways than one. All of his old friends were long dead of old age, and he'd outlived everyone, yet the great bloody fool was still trudging on. Couldn't make it past like the second chapter.

Have you just spoiled everything for me?? HAVE YOU???

GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE.

I made a brief pause after finishing book 9. The 'pause' has been going on for quite some time now, years actually, but I intend to go back and FINISH THE WHOLE THING SOME DAY. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!!

Edited by Pidesco

GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE.

I made a brief pause after finishing book 9. The 'pause' has been going on for quite some time now, years actually, but I intend to go back and FINISH THE WHOLE THING SOME DAY. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!!

Aaand people wonder where the stereotype of gamers as hysterical, entitled man-children comes from.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

GOD DAMN IT PEOPLE.

Can't tell if you're actually serious or not - if so, my apologies. Wasn't it kind of always a given, though? I mean, I recall it being touched upon multiple times throughout the earlier books. I mean, I guess it's not wholly unreasonable to expect it to never actually come to pass, particularly given the apparent one-notedness of the author's writing...but the books have been out for at least a few years now, and it seemed relevant to what was being discussed. Sorry about that.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

All of his old friends were long dead of old age, and he'd outlived everyone, yet the great bloody fool was still trudging on. Couldn't make it past like the second chapter.

Salvatore kills most of them - for a while:

Cattie Brie and Regis die at the end of The Ghost King; Bruennor dies in combat at the end of Gauntllgrym; and Wulfgar is last seen in exile at the end of The Pirate King (and subsequently dies of old age). 

And in The Last Threshold Drizzt spurns Dahlia who retaliates by fighting him and delivering a mortal blow. 

But just when you think they are finally (HOORAY) all dead, the 4 companions are given the choice to be reborn by Mielikki in The Companions

Cattie Brie returns as a Desai (Bedine) girl named Ruqiah in the Anauroch desert near the Shade Enclave

Bruenor returns  in 1463 DR as Reginald Roundshield of Citadel Felbarr

Regis returns as the newborn son of an impoverished halfling in Delthuntle

Wulfgar initially refuses the request but later relents

And Catti-brie heals Drizzt by the grace of Mielikki and they were all reunited (and lived happily ever after).

• Like 1

All of his old friends were long dead of old age, and he'd outlived everyone, yet the great bloody fool was still trudging on. Couldn't make it past like the second chapter.

Salvatore kills most of them - for a while:

Cattie Brie and Regis die at the end of The Ghost King; Bruennor dies in combat at the end of Gauntllgrym; and Wulfgar is last seen in exile at the end of The Pirate King (and subsequently dies of old age). 

And in The Last Threshold Drizzt spurns Dahlia who retaliates by fighting him and delivering a mortal blow. 

But just when you think they are finally (HOORAY) all dead, the 4 companions are given the choice to be reborn by Mielikki in The Companions

Cattie Brie returns as a Desai (Bedine) girl named Ruqiah in the Anauroch desert near the Shade Enclave

Bruenor returns  in 1463 DR as Reginald Roundshield of Citadel Felbarr

Regis returns as the newborn son of an impoverished halfling in Delthuntle

Wulfgar initially refuses the request but later relents

And Catti-brie heals Drizzt by the grace of Mielikki and they were all reunited (and lived happily ever after).

Well that sounds like rubbish.

Stop at book 9 Bester.

I used to be a big Drizzt fan. I say big but I always saw flaws in it. Chapters would begin with Drizzt narrating some sort of diary and he was annoying for that couple of paragraphs. The actual adventure and stories were fine, but those little introspective pieces just made him stand out as bizarre.

At one point, I think it was in the third trilogy, it was around the time of troubles, he ventures to Menzoberranzan and meets a unicorn. Well, he naturally thinks its an avatar for his god Mielikki. A book or two later, everyone starts meeting their gods because the time of troubles starts, the drow in particular, And in the journal entry preface to a chapter Drizzt just flatly rejects all godly avatars. That's not really Lolth, and he was mistaken about the unicorn. No, everyone who follows a god they can see is being foolish, because true gods are unseen. You have to have blind faith. And I sat there for a few minutes wondering why someone in Forgotten Realms was espousing Judeo-Christian philosophy.

The series was pretty good up through The Orc King. Pirate King and Ghost King were absolutely dreadful. The first book of Neverwinter actually picked up a bit and removed the bitter taste Ghost King left in my mouth. Second book of Neverwinter is boring and haven't been able to make it through.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Everyone is entitled to a spoilerless life, not just me. It will be a constitutional right some day, trust me.

Life - everyone dies at the end.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!