What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Am I the only one who hates the controlls in Alien Isolation as of now? Walking around feels... strange. Also interacting with stuff like the terminals feels like I am playing some horrible console port.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

jIsuf7E.gif

At least that Snowblind Studios game wasn't an insult to Tolkien.

It was a very bad game either way.

The game was good, but only with Elven master race, on hardest difficulty and once you unlocked majority of your skills.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Lani Minella voices Amanda in Jack Keane.

According to imdb she's quite legendary. She was Rynn in Drakan, Adria in Diablo, Ivy in Soul Calibur, Nancy Drew and Skyrim female Dunmer voice.

Guess she's not that famous because unlike Laura Bailey and Jennifer Hale she can do more than one voice and henceforth is less recognizable.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

And the Tyranid Hive Mind too. Always did find it odd how range is under appreciated sometimes (but then again, having an awesome voice like Jay or Warner is also good)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Alien Isolation anyone.

I want this to be good, I really do. So is it ?

Only an hour in, but I can say yes it's very tense, I had to take a break lol

Should really be an animation for scaling small obstacles. Nothing breaks immersion like being defeated by knee high barriers. Otherwise I'm digging the atmosphere. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Lani Minella voices Amanda in Jack Keane.

According to imdb she's quite legendary. She was Rynn in Drakan, Adria in Diablo, Ivy in Soul Calibur, Nancy Drew and Skyrim female Dunmer voice.

Guess she's not that famous because unlike Laura Bailey and Jennifer Hale she can do more than one voice and henceforth is less recognizable.

You haven't heard enough of either then I see -- Both have voiced several different characters with distinct voices. The problem is mainly that the voice direction as of late tends to demand, say Hale, using her iconic Shepard voice for this or that character. That's not really such an uncommon thing to witness though.

Hale's voice as Emma Emmerich in MGS2 for instance is quite different from that of characters like Shepard, and Bailey's voice for Rise in Persona is quite different from that of the Saints Row Boss in SR3 & IV etc.

• Like 1

Alien: Isolation, got it day 1, and so far it's pretty good (I haven't gotten very far though, hope to rectify this on weekend). It's not particularly scary, but very tense and athmospheric. Graphics are excellent, controls are smooth. There are a few minor annoyances (manual saving points, Ripley can't jump, the amount of backtracking is ridiculous), but all in all I'm liking it very much, it's loke a mix of Deus Ex and Dead Space. Ripley even reminds me of Isaac Clarke circ Dead Space I and II, only with a lot more sneaking and a lot less murder.

I just finished Blackguards. It was very enjoyable, despite some bugs doing their best to not allow me to complete the game.

I am also playing Styx: Master of Shadows. I am only 4 hours in, but I am happy with my gambling on a pre-order. I'm playing on Goblin difficulty and enjoying it so far. You have some supernatural powers, but you don't have to use them if you don't want to. Levels are decently sized so far and there is nice challenge to finding your way to your goal. I have read reviews that complain about difficulty and forced stealth gameplay, but I don't understand why one would dislike those two aspects of the game.

Alien: Isolation, got it day 1, and so far it's pretty good (I haven't gotten very far though, hope to rectify this on weekend). It's not particularly scary, but very tense and athmospheric. Graphics are excellent, controls are smooth. There are a few minor annoyances (manual saving points, Ripley can't jump, the amount of backtracking is ridiculous), but all in all I'm liking it very much, it's loke a mix of Deus Ex and Dead Space. Ripley even reminds me of Isaac Clarke circ Dead Space I and II, only with a lot more sneaking and a lot less murder.

I wonder how long the game is going to let me stare at that flamethrower behind the security door before I can finally get to it. Quite a while I should think.

Yeah there are some technical weaknesses that get in the way of your complete enjoyment. Being glued to the floor like you said. I must have taken down 10 people with my wrench who all had handguns the model lying on the floor and I'm unable to pick it up. I also miss physics on small clutter, noise when I bump into something. 

The save points are what create the tension. It would be gone with a quicksave and if detection wasn't hazardous, and in the case of the Alien, lethal. I think I would prefer autosaves though, I find myself backtracking just to reach a save point, which is pretty silly. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Bayonetta 2 demo.  You guys, it's so freakin' good.  Also, I'm pretty terrible at the game, but I'm starting to improve.  I went Bronze-Stone-Bronze the first time through the demo, Silver-Stone-Silver the second time, and Silver-Silver-Bronze the third time.  Baby steps.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I just finished Blackguards. It was very enjoyable, despite some bugs doing their best to not allow me to complete the game.

I am also playing Styx: Master of Shadows. I am only 4 hours in, but I am happy with my gambling on a pre-order. I'm playing on Goblin difficulty and enjoying it so far. You have some supernatural powers, but you don't have to use them if you don't want to. Levels are decently sized so far and there is nice challenge to finding your way to your goal. I have read reviews that complain about difficulty and forced stealth gameplay, but I don't understand why one would dislike those two aspects of the game.

I want to get Styx, but just can't handle another game right now. Focus has been very active lately. Do you have any thoughts on how it compares to Dishonored?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I've been playing Skyrim (I know, I know, I'm like 3 years late) and I'm finding it much better than Oblivion and Morrowind (it just never clicked with me...it didn't help that the leveling system seemed incredibly obtuse.)  I can't help but think how much more I'd enjoy it if it had been designed to be played from third-person, as that's the view I play it in almost exclusively (only do first-person to line up shots, and occasionally when forced to in order to see into places because I find first-person disorienting, though I feel that way about all first-person games)  If it had either Dark Souls or Kingdoms of Amalur style combat (I know they're drastically different, but they're the 2 action games I've found the most enjoyable, combat-wise) it could be really great.  Would be nice to have some better writing and a real reason to care about the civil war, of course, but I can enjoy a game with minimal story if the gameplay is good. 

Don't know that I'll ever finish it, but at least I've sort of gotten my money's worth out of it, which I can't really claim about any other Bethesda game I've bought (not really sure why I keep buying them...I'm not paying anywhere close to full price for any of them, so it's not a huge deal.  Mostly I'm just trying to understand what I'm missing, as I've never understood the love they get.)

Tempted to download some sort of mod to get summonable, non-dying mounts, too.  Horses are freaking annoying.

I want to get Styx, but just can't handle another game right now. Focus has been very active lately. Do you have any thoughts on how it compares to Dishonored?

You need to be more stealthy than in Dishonored if you want to survive for a long period of time. On Goblin difficulty, if you get caught, you are going to get killed. In Dishonored, you could at least fight your way through enemies. There's obviously no blink power in Styx. You get a short-term invisibility ability, a cloning ability and an improved vision ability. Two out of three are not really needed if you want to play it without powers. The cloning ability is used at some points in the story and to get some loot from optional areas but that's it. In general, I am liking the level design in Styx a little better than Dishonored, mostly because you can't actually blink your way past obstacles. I have been killing guards left and right (stealth kills) but most of the time, you can find other paths around them. As it is my first time playing, I just go with the flow and kill or stealth my way through different situations.

You can remove objective markers and try to find your next destination on your own. You lso get a map of the area, but it is a map you have to look at in the menu. It gives you a representation of the area you are in, but you will have to know where on the map you are on your own. I'd say the game isn't very hand holdy and that is why I am enjoying it. I didn't even know you could whistle to lure enemies from their positions until I read another players impressions. Level aren't Thief/Thief 2 level complex but still big enough to satisfy my needs for a competent stealth game.

What I like most is that the game encourages and in some places demands that you take a stealthy approach and that is why I can recommend this to fans of stealth games.

• Like 1

Darn! That sounds really fun. I knew this would happen. My new game-account, as it were, has been overdrawn, so I can't get Styx until laterz. I had a feeling it would be good, but this actually sounds like it's much more Thief than Thief was this spring.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Darn! That sounds really fun. I knew this would happen. My new game-account, as it were, has been overdrawn, so I can't get Styx until laterz. I had a feeling it would be good, but this actually sounds like it's much more Thief than Thief was this spring.

I couldn't even bring myself to complete the new Thief demo.