Dyrford Ruins: grappling hook? (Spoiler alert)

DnaCowboy

PZOPDFPDGMRS027E_500.jpeg

Guys, I've come across a chasm in the Dyrsford Ruins and the wonderful artwork description mentions that my grappling hook and rope could be used to get across; however I have no idea how to use the grapple and hook, it won't go into any of the quick slots so how do I actually use the item?

It is interesting in that the item description it mentions that the limits to how you employ tools are your imagination which filled me with hope; however, I am really stuck here, any advice would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

No matter how many times cats fight, there's always plenty of kittens.

When you reach the chasm, press down on the tab bar. It should highlight an a object. When you click on it, a scripted interaction will occur where one of the available options is to use the grappling hook.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

When you reach the chasm, press down on the tab bar. It should highlight an a object. When you click on it, a scripted interaction will occur where one of the available options is to use the grappling hook.

Its strange, I clicked on the blue highlighted object and got the description as I mentioned above (wonderful artwork btw) but all I got was the description itself and no options to do anything. 

I made sure the grappling hook and rope was in my inventory so it is a mystery :-/

Edited by DnaCowboy

Its strange, I clicked on the blue highlighted object and got the description as I mentioned above (wonderful artwork btw) but all I got was the description itself and no options to do anything. :-(

Might be a bug then. Is the grappling hook still in your inventory?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Its strange, I clicked on the blue highlighted object and got the description as I mentioned above (wonderful artwork btw) but all I got was the description itself and no options to do anything. :-(

yes, in fact I have two. Perhaps I should load an earlier save game or even leave the Ruins and return?

Is the grappling hook in your inventory, or in your stash(The chest icon)?

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

yes, in fact I have two. Perhaps I should load an earlier save game or even leave the Ruins and return?

I have had the same problem. Sometimes I can use the hook other times I can't. Also, sometimes doors open, sometimes they don't.

I think I had better luck going in through the wilderness entrance instead of through the tower. At least, there are fewer things to go wrong that way.

I had two grappling hooks in my inventory, the one I bought in the shop and the one I found in the crate in the river in the village. One of them worked for me, no idea which.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]