Drama in the indy gaming biz ?

NWN_babaYaga

xKVq3pI.png

This is getting out of hand. I hoping indiegogo got hacked instead of them taking this stand. It really seems to be that nothing hurts women in gaming more than angry feminist and SWJ propaganda.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Fine, I'm sorry.

I just got angry seeing the one good thing that has come out this whole mess got hacked or even worse taken down by indiegogo themselves based on false information. Let me have my ****ing silver lining. 

Hey NWN_babaYaga, I think you could have introduced the topic a bit better in the OP, outlining the situation and posting some of the arguments from either side.

It'd create a better environment for discussion.

Ya maybe. But my own interest wasnt around the persons own drama... you just have to see the twitter posts of the fish quinn and you know whats on her mind. Whole point of her is about bringin in persons who dont have anything to do with gaming (the feminist army to get support for the greenlight), using the game industry to f*** it up with social and political agendas etc. That some journalists are how they are... whatever i dont care about these people. But using the gaming scene to get spotlight is just not right imo. To me gaming is fun and nothing else. If anyone now sees a reason to change games into a political tool so okeeyyy... then he/she it should be honest about it and dont try to crawl into like a rat pretending to care about "making" games.

And i had a depression too. Mind you, it was all but very different but that doesnt matter... it´s all about getting attention and conflict about nothing.

And once again, feminism is a social and now a days a political thing. NOTHING to do with games. Same as many other so called social issues.

I dont even think these topics should be open to debate within games at all. Like i once said. Killing animals and "human beings" is far more serious then all that blah blah but thats how it is. Get over that! Games are games.

My next mod will be "the hunt for feminists" (in some forest JASON style) and i will link it here. Just for the fun. Bashing in some empty heads pretending to do any good for loving mothers... ya know...

Edited by NWN_babaYaga

Now that I'm bit more calm I think the most likely explanation is some troll hacking indiegogo to get a rise out of everyone. I don't think even pro-Zoe group could be so dense to see how hacking a charity could backfire.

I'm sorry, but what do we actually discuss in this thread?

Zoe Quinn, developer of the indie game Depression Quest had sex with a games journalist, according to a butthurt ex-boyfriend. This led to accusations of nepotism and unprofessional behavior (also ****-shaming). That's about the whole story, really.

More to it than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

They are all degenerate hacks and hypocrites, and above all, they completely lack any integrity. 

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It really seems to be that nothing hurts women in gaming more than angry feminist and SWJ propaganda.

HURR DURR FEMINISM IS TEH EVULZ

Easy there SJW

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They are all degenerate hacks and hypocrites, and above all, they completely lack any integrity.

I think SJW pretty much covers that. There is no reasoning with these people, they follow their dogma with crazed devotion and attempt to destroy or convert anyone with a dissenting opinion.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It really seems to be that nothing hurts women in gaming more than angry feminist and SWJ propaganda.

HURR DURR FEMINISM IS TEH EVULZ

Easy there SJW

C'mon, that's about the only reasonable answer to a statement like "nothing hurts women in gaming more than angry feminist and SWJ [sic] propaganda".

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

This story really has everything. Even Phil 'it's lonely at the top' Fish. It's kinda funny watching dev nerds go at it like Paris Hilton.

Ah, Phil Fish.  That guy made one somewhat good game, and he's done nothing since then except have a series of nervous breakdowns and generally been a total d-bag to everyone.  I look forward to the day he completely fades into obscurity and his mad ramblings don't warrant even the tiniest blurb on the most rundown of websites.  Keep burnin' dem bridges, Phil.  Keep burnin' dem bridges.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This story really has everything. Even Phil 'it's lonely at the top' Fish. It's kinda funny watching dev nerds go at it like Paris Hilton.

Ah, Phil Fish.  That guy made one somewhat good game, and he's done nothing since then except have a series of nervous breakdowns and generally been a total d-bag to everyone.  I look forward to the day he completely fades into obscurity and his mad ramblings don't warrant even the tiniest blurb on the most rundown of websites.  Keep burnin' dem bridges, Phil.  Keep burnin' dem bridges.

I've never seen a more insecure and impulsive person in the industry. Somewhere along the line a friend should have told him the benefits of behaving professionally. Have my doubts as well whether he had another game in him, especially with his long time partner out of the picture. No matter, he has enough wealth to live the rest of his life comfortably. Be happy Phil.

Edited by licketysplit
  • Like 2

Miss the likes of Romero and Derek Smart

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wouldn't count Romero, personally, main thing he did was be frontman for an ad campaign for a much delayed, buggy, mediocre game- and indirectly make it so that Eidos couldn't buy out Looking Glass- but at heart he was no worse than, say, Mike 'awesome button' Laidlaw fronting DA2 promos. I expect people to promote their products.

Derek Smart PhD, Cleve, in a different way Tim Langdell, they all trolled like the Japanese fishing fleet chasing the last tuna in existence.

Well, from some things I read about id Romero was a bit of a drama queen. Fittingly one could compare Quinn and what she's alleged to have done with Case and what people say about her.  Should look up and see what Smart is up to, these days. 

Wow, Phil's attack on TotalBiscuit (whose opinion on the matter was simply none other than "I'm not touching this clusterhump with a ten foot pole") was completely unwarranted. What a jerk.

That being said, I'm still not sure what even the issue is, let alone why it is an "epic battle". This article mentioned casualties? Who died? Overdramatic much? This whole thing seems like overblown nonsense.

Regarding Romero, he was a drama queen but other than a funny (especially in retrospect) ad, I don't remember him attacking anyone.

• Like 1

Figure of speech, I assume. Though Fish lost vital details in a "hack" like his SIN, financial details - so that might be it. It's a rather entertaining flame war basically, produces some funny gems.

c1DXd94.jpg

So murderers and terrorists are more deserving of respect than a bunch of entitled, sexist jerks? That's messed up.

If you want to be technical, ISIS are also sexist jerks, but that sexism is less "no wimminz in mae viadyagamz" and more "women have no rights".

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've never seen a more insecure and impulsive person in the industry. Somewhere along the line a friend should have told him the benefits of behaving professionally. Have my doubts as well whether he had another game in him, especially with his long time partner out of the picture. No matter, he has enough wealth to live the rest of his life comfortably. Be happy Phil.

If his real life personality is in the least bit as abrasive, erratic, and impulsive as the way he has presents himself via social media, then there's a good chance he'll burn through his savings very quickly.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks