NCarver

Question

Hello Backers,

So it appears that we have a large amount of missing string data in various locations throughout the beta. Since these issues need to be resolved individually, I am building a master list of the missing strings. This is both to organize the data in a way the developers can easily fix and to relieve pressure on the forums from these bugs being posted multiple times.

Please post any findings of Missing Strings in this thread and I will come through periodically and update this post with the full list.

Screenshots are still great for this, as it gives us a clear visual of the location of the issue. So please attach any screenshots of the missing string to your posting.

I'll be starting the list with an example of some known strings. In an effort to keep the list readable, a primary location where or on what the string was found followed by a short description will be how I will be listing them.

MISSING STRINGS

Races

• Character Sheet - Human's Fighting Spirit description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Coastal Aumaua's Towering Physique description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Island Aumaua's Long Stride description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Boreal Dwarf's Hunter's Instincts description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Mountain Dwarf's Hale and Hardy description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Pale Elf's Elemental Endurance description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Wood Elf's Distant Advantage description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Hearth Orlan's Minor Threat description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Wild Orlan's Defiant Resolve description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Death Godlike's Death's Usher description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Fire Godlike's Battle-Forged description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Moon Godlike's Silver Tide description (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Nature Godlike's Wellspring of Life description (when clicked)

Classes

• Character Sheet - Chanter's Chant descriptions shown in the character sheet (when clicked)
  • Character Sheet - Rogue's Deep Wounds Ability (when clicked)
  • Inventory - Druid's Spiritshift weapons for all forms (Bear, Boar, Lion, Stag, and Wolf) when moused over or right-clicked
  • Wizard Spell -  Thrust of Tattered Veils has missing string in its description and debuff tooltip

Talents

• Character Sheet - Hold the Line description (when clicked)

Items

• Item - in Winfrith's Shop named Missing String purchased for 90cp also has missing description
  • Item - Weapons with Reach show a missing string in their description
  • Item - Weapons with 10% Graze to Hit effect show a missing string in their description

Bestiary

• Pŵgra - lacking flavor description when selected in the cyclopedia/bestiary

Options

• Options menu - Missing String shown when selecting Polski language
  • Controls menu - Missing String shown under Cancel Action key binding
  • Graphics menu - Missing String shown when mousing over resolution

Misc.

• Loading Screen - from front end "Did You Know? : Missing String"
  • Party Records - Various enemies display their names as Missing String
  • Lle a Rhemen - Staircase inspectable displays Missing String when clicked

Thank you all for your tremendous support !!  :lol:

• Like 4

A number of guards in Dyrford Ruins are named "*missing string*" - it also shows up in the combat log.

Yea, just adding screenshot to better identify them and +1 the report.

2 in that image.

This is on Hard difficulty for information since they might only show up then.

post-115688-0-67866500-1409856763_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A number of guards in Dyrford Ruins are named "*missing string*" - it also shows up in the combat log.

Yea, just adding screenshot to better identify them and +1 the report.

2 in that image.

This is on Hard difficulty for information since they might only show up then.

attachicon.gifPillarsOfEternity 2014-09-04 20-52-32-788.jpg

Alright. This shows up at Easy difficulty as well.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Guildmaster's Staff has a missing string

Guildmaster's Staff

------------

8200cp

Quaterstaff

*Missing string*

On Attack: +1.5 Weapon Reach

attachicon.gif2014-08-26_00002.jpg

This isn't related to the item but the Reach property itself, happens on all Quarterstaffs and Pikes

Edited by Sensuki

Missing string in the ability 'Envenomed Strike' for Target (Currently on Paladin class)

post-46003-0-27994900-1412456685_thumb.jpg

My Blind Journey through the Beta. Join my transgender Paladin as I struggle to get to grips with the game and its mechanics. Well, I never said my first journey into an isometric RPG would be smooth, now did I?

My Adventure through Baldur's Gate. Inspired by my play of PoE, I decide to pick up a much fabled game of the genre. Join Solana as I delve into this world of weird, wonderful and annoying people.

I don't know if it is the same kind of bug: Every "magnifying spot"

- these spots where you can gain further information or detailed description of something to gain more atmosphere- do not have a German translation. There is no text showing up.

Please do not forget this. Even if this is not the right place to mention this bug. 

Thanks.

There have been missing strings in my french version :

- All the paladin sub-class menu

- The first paladin's sub-class description

- Font size problem in the attribute menu ( the determination attribute)

- Missing strings as well as font size problem in the appearance menu

post-104972-0-56164200-1413479823_thumb.jpg

post-104972-0-74725200-1413479834_thumb.jpg

There is a massive amount of items missing their 'strings' in this build and here are a few examples and I got tired of logging them all that I noticed:

Fighter, paladin, monk, rogue, and ranger:

creating potions label first one at the top

highlighting your resolution in the options menu

one of the control options (between cancel actions and select all) in the options menu

highlighting language

When discovering a new area

etc....

etc...

Some that I noticed:

Lle a Rhemen:

1.) After you go through the spider tunnel you emerge at an opening in the ground, directly behind it lies an inspectable tipped over lantern(?). It only displays *missing string*.

2.) After you drop down the broken stairs, in the central room is a inspectable pile of urns/pots. Same thing.

Dyrford:

After you kill the ogre and return his head to the pig farmer he seemingly is supposed to make a comment if your backgrond is mercenary. Instead, only [Mercenary] *missing string* pops up.

Not exactly a missing string but I found a grimoire in a loot pile just north of the wolves in Dyrford Crossing with the name *Missing items 1844*.  It has the right graphic and it functions perfectly fine the name is just clearly wrong.

Here is a pic.

ibu1RFlgy9wPO1.jpg

Edited by Karkarov

Hello everyone,

I know I haven't been posting in this thread as much as I'd like to (though I do look through it for issues). I just want to clarify that the *Missing items xxxx* are indeed missing strings. They have been updated to display their ID number so they can be resolved more quickly when they reach the dev's hands.

Thank you all for your ongoing support!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2