Pictures of your games Part 5

It was a good day when peripheral designers decided that putting buttons on the stick itself would be a good idea. I miss somewhat the idea of joysticks that were *not* explicitly designed for flight sims. Like this classic Gravis:

ddy3DSU.jpg

I can't see the Atari joystick being much good for anything these days, but something simple like the Gravis would lend itself pretty well to some gamestyles.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Bokishi has the same Thrustmaster Hotas-X flightstick I have.  It's okay, I like it.  It's no Saitek X52 (but nowhere near as expensive either), but it does the job.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can't see the Atari joystick being much good for anything these days, but something simple like the Gravis would lend itself pretty well to some gamestyles.

Might still be usable if one has very limited hand mobility. The simple push motion and needing nothing else was why my dad could even play the Atari. But you'd have to make some other kind of adjustments as well now, because of gameplay/control changes over the ancient games. I'm guessing.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bokishi has the same Thrustmaster Hotas-X flightstick I have. It's okay, I like it. It's no Saitek X52 (but nowhere near as expensive either), but it does the job.

Yes it's decent, was just looking for an entry level stick to get me in the game, figured I'd be looking at the in-game sticks mostly

looks purrdy

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So, I ran into 2 highly trained and well equipped enemy squads in the same sector.  Outnumbered more than 2 to 1 it should have been a bloodbath...  and it was

JndBye4.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What game is that, Cat Food?

Dragon Age Inquisition. If you've not tried it yet it's definately a game you can get lost in.

Yes. The crafting was the highlight of the game for me. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Here's where I stand in Jagged Alliance Flashback as of now

v82sY3J.jpg

The sectors with a green border are controlled by me.  The sectors with a red border are controlled by The Prince.  As you can see, I control over half the main island.  The green marker with number 1 on it is my primary squad that does most of the fighting.  They are highly skilled, well armored, and armed to the teeth.  The marker with the 2 on it is my secondary squad that mostly just trains militia in my strategic locations.  They are currently training militia at the outpost.  The red triangles are enemy squads.  As you can see there are lots of them south of my controlled areas.  The little green squares are militia I trained, orange squares are veteran militia that have had combat experience and survived.  The areas with the $ symbol on them are the primary money generating sectors.  Other sectors generate money too but not nearly as much.  My goal right now is to train a bunch of militia at the lighthouse before pushing west to take the enemy controlled sector there.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸