Party speed often moves at a crawl

RobK

Question

When wandering around the town, the party's speed will often move at a snail's pace. Moving into different areas (buildings) doesn't seem to sort this. I did manage to fix it once by pausing and unpausing the game by using the button rather than the spacebar, but I think this was coincidence more than anything!

5 answers to this question

Hello RobK,

It appears that you may have accidentally toggled the slow motion feature. Slow motion is, by default, triggered by pressing the S key or by clicking on the upper half of the pause button in the central UI. Alternatively, you can speed up gameplay by pressing the D button.

Another possible way that your party might be moving slower could be activating scouting mode, by pressing the alt key. This is a sneaking/searching type function that allows you to discover traps/hidden secrets, and to stealth past unwanted encounters.

Thanks for your feedback and support during the beta!  :grin:

• Like 1

I believe I have noticed this happening without toggling it on - however, I may have toggled it on using S since I've accidentally tried to scroll with WASD a few times. Will update if it is indeed happening without being turned on.

That said, it would be nice to have some feedback when slow motion mode is turned on.

• Like 1

Yes: a banner stating as such (slow mode enabled) would be nice.

Fear not! We are working on this as well.  ;)

As for mapping your key bindings, please be aware that there is a bug causing a mapped key to not unbind to the previous action. So if you map your camera to WASD, you will also have to go to the Slow Motion and Fast Mode options and bind them to different buttons, otherwise pressing the button will do both.

Thanks!!  :grin:

• Like 1