You can dismiss party members in the beta. You use the party manager (which I think you can access via the console). If you do a search for mutonizer's posts - he has a post somewhere telling people how to do it.

Edited by Sensuki

• 2 weeks later...

I want to be to drop items on the ground PLEAS! many backers are asking for it.

I still don't get this.  Why do you want to drop items on the ground?  You have INFINITE INVENTORY, there is no reason to not loot what you can and no need to drop something to make room.

I want to be to drop items on the ground PLEAS! many backers are asking for it.

I still don't get this.  Why do you want to drop items on the ground?  You have INFINITE INVENTORY, there is no reason to not loot what you can and no need to drop something to make room.

Maybe you want to forget about a specific set of objects that you consider useless. Maybe you do not want to see those objects uselessly bloating your inventory/stash and adding some unwelcome cognitive load because you have to ignore them every time? #DontMakeMeThink. Either that or an ignore list.

But if there are no such thing as useless objects in PoE then yeah, not useful.

Edited by Rumsteak

Maybe you want to forget about a specific set of objects that you consider useless. Maybe you do not want to see those objects uselessly bloating your inventory/stash and adding some unwelcome cognitive load because you have to ignore them every time? #DontMakeMeThink. Either that or an ignore list.

But if there are no such thing as useless objects in PoE then yeah, not useful.

I could counter that with a much more simple solution.  If you didn't want the item, didn't want it clogging your precious (sortable and infinite) inventory.... Then why did you pick it up in the first place?

Meanwhile once an item is dropped it is taking game resources already, it isn't like the item ever fades out of existence.  It probably takes less game resource mojo if you just loot it.

If you didn't want the item, didn't want it clogging your precious (sortable and infinite) inventory.... Then why did you pick it up in the first place?

Good question.  :grin: 

I often "Take All", especially when I am a beginner in a new game because I do not know what is useful for me and/or do not feel like managing my inventory at that moment, or when I feel pressured because enemies are around and I do not want to get distracted with inventory management at that moment. So I "Take All" and do my inventory management later on when inventory gets full or when I am in a safe area.

Edited by Rumsteak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you didn't want the item, didn't want it clogging your precious (sortable and infinite) inventory.... Then why did you pick it up in the first place?

Good question.  :grin: 

I often "Take All", especially when I am a beginner in a new game because I do not know what is useful for me and/or do not feel like managing my inventory at that moment, or when I feel pressured because enemies are around and I do not want to get distracted with inventory management at that moment. So I "Take All" and do my inventory management later on when inventory gets full or when I am in a safe area.

That is my general mode of operation in RPG's--take all, sort later when I have time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been playing a bit more, so here are some new suggestions:

Sounds and music:

• The voices in combat are annoying... Every time my enemy is hit, he utters the same "argh" or whatever. It would be cool, if my enemies would only scream half the times they were hit, and maybe scream some different phrases?
  • I really like the music so far, just need MORE.

Some general stuff:

• Char-creation is so much better now. I would like to see more text description, for instance under the "culture" tab, it would be nice to see (in text) which weapons the char is holding/starting out with. After a few tries i can recognize the weapons, but it was confusing the first couple of times.

• The wheel on the watermill is moving the wrong direction, against the stream?

• I would still like to have "Game paused" message moved to the log...

• I don't know why the level up button in the Char-GUI is now missing?

• If I don't speak to Halrond, the doors in the ruins are locked, and there is no way to solve the quest. Strange...

• Indeed a strange town, Dyrford... Everybody is standing outside their houses, and they never go in, to eat and sleep. I must admit I killed the whole town in one playtrough, they were just too annoying...

The Combat:
  • The curve from easy to normal difficulty is too steep. I play on easy, and the game is VERY easy. I play on normal, and suddenly the game is VERY hard...

• I don't even like the engagement system yet...

• The combat is still a bit confusing, or broken, should I say? In my latest run (on normal) i had only a few problems, got to the spider queen, and killed her easily. But Korgrak, (or was it one of the bears?) wiped the BBfighter out in ONE HIT (more than 100 in damage). I reloaded about 5 times, and just quit after that. 

Despite all the troubles, I would say 392 was a turning point in my book... :)

• Like 1

UFWDJRj.jpg

Not sure if this has been said yet, but in general it's good practice to *not* dump save files in My Documents. %appdata% on PC is more appropriate, though not quite as user friendly. The optimal place would be with the game files in Steam/SteamApps/Common/PillarsofEternity. On OS X it should go in /Application Support/Pillars of Eternity or /Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common. Just general application and video game best practice advice. Cheers.

As an update to the above complaint about save game locations on PC... just been drug over the coals trying to figure out what was wrong with my save game. Turns out PoE has generated not one, not two, but THREE separate save game locations on my computer. There's on in LocalLow (deprecated, I guess), one in My Documents (also deprecated, I guess), and one in C:/Users/YourUserName/Saved Games/Pillars of Eternity/. None of these are in a particularly good place, but I guess the most recent one is an improvement.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but in general it's good practice to *not* dump save files in My Documents. %appdata% on PC is more appropriate, though not quite as user friendly. The optimal place would be with the game files in Steam/SteamApps/Common/PillarsofEternity. On OS X it should go in /Application Support/Pillars of Eternity or /Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common. Just general application and video game best practice advice. Cheers.

On Steam I haven't played anything but Counter-Strike.

I wonder if generally, Steam game saves are synced in your Steam account in their servers? Would be nice when changing computers. But maybe that is not possible at the moment, or save files are too big, or PoE is platform-agnostic (since it will be on Steam and GOG, doesn't make sense to focus on Steam capabilities).

Edited by Rumsteak