Holy ass rogue is boring. Considering how vibrant and wonderful the other classes are it's real let down.

I suspect that rogue is going to be one of those classes that becomes a lot more fun to play when you deck them out with magic gear (like fighters are in the IE games).

On the "lame itemization" thread Josh said that you'll be able to enchant your weapons with the various status effects (daze, stun, hobble etc). Well? Equip your rogue with a pair of weapons that cause those status effects and he'll become an absolute beast, one sneak attack after another. That sounds super fun to me!

Edited by Stun
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

* It feels like a strange real-time / phase based system, a sort of constipated turn-based game.e.

:p

Cool analogy. But yeah, it's Arcanum all over again.

Only in Arcanum you had two types of optional turn-based systems, and here it's slamming the spacebar. I liked the options for autopause we had in BGII, and I think not all of them have been replicated here. If they would be, I think we could have a real pseudo-turn based mode.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

• 2 weeks later...

And about the enemies, they are balanced? The dificulties are set right? 

No. There is still balancing to do.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

• 4 months later...

User interface and path finding needs another pass: Everytime I select group and click to talk to someone some other character in my party (and not me) walks up to the character I clicked on. Very annoying to have to deselect every time. Path finding is erratic at best.

Yes I picked up on that straight away - shouldn't the group leader (character on the furthest left) always be the person who engages conversation if you have the group selected? Think that's how it worked in BG, You can, of course, select a specific character, but it's tiresome to do that all the time.

BTW despite this comment (which is really a very minor irritation)  I'm very much liking what I'm see, but do realise it's a young game and will need time to mature to reach its full potential.

Compared to BG (2nd Edition D&D, more or less), P:E seems quite a lot more complex on first look, which could be a good or a bad thing, though any moderately complicated game can seem a bit daunting at first (I thought this of the excellent Europa Universalis IV by Paradox initially, and now love the game and understand how it all works). Complexity can be okay if the systems are logical and clear.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"