Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Backer Beta Information [Not Live Yet]

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Vinidesigner

Vinidesigner

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

If I buy the 25 USD addon for beta, can I play now? 

Hormalakh

Hormalakh

Lone Locust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1981 posts

too late to buy any addons at this point.

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9963 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I can still buy digital addons ?

Jajo

Jajo

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It is my understanding, that one can still buy addons, if he already has an existing pledge.

My guess would also be, that if one is able to purchase backer beta addon, that one can then also play it. Distribution is handled by steam, the only thing provided by Obsidian is the steam beta key and it would be extremely inappropriate if they were still (after 3 weeks) selling something that can not be used.

Mind You, that so far only windows version has been released.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

It is my understanding, that one can still buy addons, if he already has an existing pledge.

My guess would also be, that if one is able to purchase backer beta addon, that one can then also play it. Distribution is handled by steam, the only thing provided by Obsidian is the steam beta key and it would be extremely inappropriate if they were still (after 3 weeks) selling something that can not be used.

Mind You, that so far only windows version has been released.

As of February 17 you could still buy the Backer Beta as an addon on this website, if you had a prior pledge, for an additional $25, and then generate a steam key which you could use to download a playable copy of the Backer Beta. I know this because I did it, so it works. It was probably an unwise decision on my part, because I could've just waited a month, but I wanted RPG now and  . . . I got just enough of a solid taste to leave me wanting a lot more of this game, unfortunately >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users