Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/dragon-age-inquisition-is-over-200-hours-long#

So shortest route is 20-30 hours, but if you plan to complete everything then it will take over 200 hours. That is quite lot of optional content.

"The amount of stuff to fetch for other people in the game is enormous" - Mark Darrah

I keed.  I keed.

:p

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can speedrun Origins in eight hours. I have one run that is 40 and one that is 17. 

In short: quantity is no indicator of quality. 

And let's face it, any game that you can do a run of in three frickin' days is long enough.

It's always confused me how people want both an 80-hour game and a good story.

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 2

Dragon age 3 looks great people..Over 200 spells customization is back with items..They took there time..Go watch some gamescon footage..Hell im calling it the rpg year..Wasteland2, pillars of eternity, got dragon age 3, few others down the pike, witcher 3 right after xmas, many more..

• Like 3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/dragon-age-inquisition-is-over-200-hours-long#

So shortest route is 20-30 hours, but if you plan to complete everything then it will take over 200 hours. That is quite lot of optional content.

Excellent news, I'll be taking my time with this game. I want to see everything, so I am expecting to spend about 110-130 hours on this game :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No dragon romance = NO BUY!

lulz

And the combat looks like crap too. So yeah, I'm done with Bioware.

Pillars of Eternity Josh Sawyer's Quest: The Quest for Quests - an isometric fantasy stealth RPG with optional combat and no pesky XP rewards for combat, skill usage or exploration.

PoE is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's GateJosh Sawyer doesn't like the Baldur's Gate series (more) - PoE is supposed to reward us for our achievements

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Josh Sawyer created an RPG where always avoiding combat and never picking locks makes you a powerful warrior and a master lockpicker." -Helm, very critcal and super awesome RPG fan

"I like XP for things other than just objectives. When there is no rewards for combat or other activities, I think it lessens the reward for being successful at them." -Feargus Urquhart, OE CEO

"Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat [...] the lack of rewards for killing creatures [in PoE] makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game)" -George Ziets, Game Dev.

I bet it's got an endless stream of standardized quests and tasks like most open world games. "Do 50 of these standardized fetch quests in out template designed dungeons with maybe randomly generated placement, clear 50 of these enemy camps that are all kinda the same mission, climb a 100 of these towers, and collect all the endless pieces of this one object that we just randomly tossed around the place."

If it actually has variety and 200 hours worth of unique lengthy quests and activities I will be impressed.

Edited by Fighter

On the official forums, they clarified they're longest play-through is 150 hours (doing everything possible in a single game), but that's by a person who already knew everything about the game before hand.

I had 100+ hour play-through of DA:O, but that was mostly because I pick-pocketed everyone... After that I installed a mod to fasten the cooldown of steal.

I bet it's got an endless stream of standardized quests and tasks like most open world games. "Do 50 of these standardized fetch quests in out template designed dungeons with maybe randomly generated placement, clear 50 of these enemy camps that are all kinda the same mission, climb a 100 of these towers, and collect all the endless pieces of this one object that we just randomly tossed around the place."

If it actually has variety and 200 hours worth of unique lengthy quests and activities I will be impressed.

I doubt it, considering Bioware's past games. Look at ME3, if I remember correctly the only sidequests are basically "scan this planet to find this artifact" "land on a generic area and kill people for 2 minutes long and get back to the ship" "go to this computer in the citadel and do something with it, and then go to the next". I'm expecting an Assassin's Creed collecting in DA:I. Still going to buy it though.

A game is going to have to be SPECTACULARLY good for me to want to do a 150 hour playthrough.  As an example, I've recently been playing Pirate Creed, and I was enjoying it a lot, I think it's a great game and it has a good variety of different things to do, but after a little over 40 hours, I got very worn out and had to stop.  Now, I'll eventually go back to it, but if it takes me more than another 30, maybe 35 hours, I'll likely stop again (knowing myself) and every time I stop again and the game is not yet finished, the likelihood of me coming back to finish it decreases considerably.  Crazy as it may sound, there is such a thing as too much content.

Of course, a different way to play is to only do some quests on a playthrough, with the intention of doing different quests on a different playthrough.  There are a couple caveats with that, though.  First, the game has to be good and interesting enough, and allow for different enough builds to warrant multiple playthroughs.  Second, RPGs, in particular, tend to lend themselves to players doing every single possible quest in a playthrough, because of the desire to amass maximum exp and make the character as powerful as possible.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"leaked" stuff from the Keep Betahttps://imgur.com/a/TjvcA

Ok, I've playedboth of those games quite a few times and there's a lot of stuff there I can either barely remember or not at all. A LOT more stuff there than I was expecting!

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I honestly expected there to be a bigger outcry over one of your companions being a lesbian-only romance.

Why? We all love lesbians. I do, I could watch them all day.

Why watch lesbians when you can have sex with straight women? Unless you have a method of doing both at the same time, which would be pretty damn awesome.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nothing really lost when the sole lesbian looks like a horse.

Modding will fix that maybe, could be that once modding gets through with the game everyone will look good and be romanceable.

****, I still remember that Bethany mod.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I just know that their focus on relationships is bad for the game, because there is no possible way that they plan everything beforehand and they have to fix things on the fly.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

^No one plans for the condom breaking.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Its clear  that Bioware is obviously taking criticism about there previous  implementations of Romance seriously. You guys should be celebrating this as it looks like Romance in  DA:I is going to be more realistic and varied. This is good news folks, I'm interested to see what will be different :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So, more party member reactions to things, well, nice to have more detail like that.

Let’s instead try and reach for something that’s like genuine affections and let you go up and say, ‘Hey you, we’re going to kiss now.’ And let players enjoy that, and feel like, yeah, that’s a real thing.”

"A real thing". Strange.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra