Police arrest, attack reporters; order reporters NOT to cover protest. IN UNITED STATES.

ktchong

I think there probably still is some remaining institutionalized racism in the US and that is what triggers protests. It's unfortunate that it always seems to center around individual cases which might after all be indicative of nothing. 

It's all pretty fishy though. Smells like cops covering eachother. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

anywho, gun goes off in car.... and then what? see, assuming that both brown and dorian johnson were unarmed, how does we get from shot going off in car to unarmed brown being shot multiple times some 35' away from the police car? am trying to imagine a plausible reason for such an outcome and am having difficulty. the Best argument we can come up with that benefits cops is that brown were aggressive and assaultive and were fighting cop for his gun. the gun goes off in car. does cop loose control at that point? does cop for some reason think that brown has a weapon? as brown runs away, unarmed, is he an immediate danger to nearby citizens?  lord knows we weren't taking dorian johnson story as gospel. heck, our experience with law enforcement made us think that the most likely scenario were that brown were being an arse and combative, but that still don't get us to an explanation for brown being shot.

Or we could not assume and just wait for all the facts to come out. May be police used excessive force, may be they didn't. Yeah the guy was unarmed, but he's a 6'4" 290 lbs giant. You can see him assaulting the clerk in the robbery video, anyone would be scared for his life.

he coulda been 8' tall and looked like mumm-ra from the thundercats cartoons for all we care.

mummra18.JPG

he were unarmed and were a considerable distance away from the police vehicle when he were being shot. unless cops thought brown/mumm-ra represented an immediate threat to the life and well-being o' themselves and/or innocent bystanders, there were no cause to shoot... and we  is having a hard time coming up with even imaginary explanations that reveal the necessary threat on behalf o' brown... or mumm-ra. being big is not a valid reason in itself to be shooting people. 

Gromnir is waiting for full story, but it makes difficult when we can't come up with even a hypothetical that reasonably explains the situation.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am gonna conceded that  if mumm-ra or mr. brown had the eye of thundera in their possession, the situation would be complete different.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Lot of people commented they were expecting riot police, so batons, shields, etc, rather than cops pretending they are soldiers again with rifles drawn and tactical gear to confront...uh..people in the street. Nice to see the state police acting like cops though, makes the city cops look like asses, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It ought to be - and has been - noted that the US military guidelines on handling street protests emphasise a graduated response. Certainly UK guidelines stress that in the confusion of a crowd situation any confrontational atmosphere provokes rather than deters crises.

The cops here deserve to get panned. But don't get your pants all in a bunch pretending all cops want to be like that.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sure seems like it, though. Still get a kick of remembering the G20 ones here, never actually seen men do that hard man strut before.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Lot of people commented they were expecting riot police, so batons, shields, etc, rather than cops pretending they are soldiers again with rifles drawn and tactical gear to confront...uh..people in the street. Nice to see the state police acting like cops though, makes the city cops look like asses, heh.

Yeah, this is more gear that I expect when I hear words riot police, instead of assault rifles and armored vehicles.  

23543074-jpg.jpg

Picture is from riot in city named Tampere, here in Finland last winter when hundreds of rioters tried to invade to our president's independent day celebrations in building behind police line.

• Like 1

to be fair, there is similar pictures from st. louis.

Ferguson-police.jpg

Police-gas-station.jpg

unfortunate/fortunate for st. louis, they ain't had riots and am suspecting they were scrambling to put together a hodgepodge force to deal with rioting.  that being said, swat teams is gonna be far more photogenic. have media show disproportionate number o' swat is hardly surprising.

o-FERGUSON-570.jpg

if peter parker brings the three pics above to j. jonah jameson, which is mr. jameson gonna pay for?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ferguson-police.jpg

Police-gas-station.jpg

unfortunate/fortunate for st. louis, they ain't had riots and am suspecting they were scrambling to put together a hodgepodge force to deal with rioting.  that being said, swat teams is gonna be far more photogenic. have media show disproportionate number o' swat is hardly surprising.

o-FERGUSON-570.jpg

if peter parker brings the three pics above to j. jonah jameson, which is mr. jameson gonna pay for?

HA! Good Fun!

But why there were police officers geared as they are in that last picture? As I can say for sure that there were zero polices in such gear in that riot that I mentioned my previous post or any other riots that there has been in Finland that I know and it is not because of that Finnish police don't have such equipment in their use.

Edited by Elerond

Well all 3 are relevant, the last is dramatic as at first glance I thought those were all M4s pointed the person.

If the story is accurate. The victim was a being a  'trouble maker' but the officer  overreacted and was defintiely in the wrong. You don't shoot an uanrmed man who is either running away or has his arms up. Period. End of discussion. GAME OVER.

Still, people are being stupid. There is no evidence this had anything to do with racism. This could just be a **** cop who got angry because someone didn't bow down and kiss his behind.

And,  breaking into bussiness and committing crimes and fighting  is not a proper response either.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ferguson-police.jpg

Police-gas-station.jpg

o-FERGUSON-570.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

But why there were police officers geared as they are in that last picture? As I can say for sure that there were zero polices in such gear in that riot that I mentioned my previous post or any other riots that there has been in Finland that I know and it is not because of that Finnish police don't have such equipment in their use.

again, from the first 2 pics you can see that the riot lines were patchwork and hodgepodge. am betting that st. louis police used pretty much used a kitchen sink approach... am not surprised at all that swat were sent out, even if we agree that it seems to us like overkill. we would also not be surprised if those swat guys were only the smallest % o' total police employed, in spite o' disproportionate screen-time.

HA! Good Fun!

Ferguson-police.jpg Police-gas-station.jpg 

o-FERGUSON-570.jpg 

if peter parker brings the three pics above to j. jonah jameson, which is mr. jameson gonna pay for? HA! Good Fun!

It's funny, I think most Finns actually have no idea how heavily armed average police patrols are - at least outside the major cities, where the ~8 guys on duty will have to sort anything from speeding to a hijacking... And why is that? Because they know when to de-escalate and when to actually pull that gear out...

P.s. Should we go back to Hurlie's RV trip post and pull out all the references to specifuc counties to avoid due to the douchiness of the local PDs? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

This situation calls for more pepper spray.

Deployed by drone.

• Like 2

So the police are now saying the reason the shooting victim was stopped was because he had just committed a robbery in a convenience store. Looks like once again everyone has jumped to conclusions and we've been fed a narrative to advance an agenda.

.... you do know this situation extends far beyond the initial incident, right? You do know that Brown was shot up to ten times, right, after he put his hands up? 

I mean, you're just being a troll, right?

Or else do you actually think it's okay to execute someone who is peacefully surrendering just because they committed a prior crime?

Edited by Bryy

That would be AWESOME. Im a little bummed that I didn't think of it.

Although, they do have a LRAD Sound Cannon which is pretty badass.

Well, wasn't really serious - not really the type to find crowd control a "YEEEEHAW" moment. Sure it's great for violent protests, but I've seen cops do stuff to non violent ones so the old methods are fine for that. But I can see that coming.

This situation calls for more pepper spray.

Deployed by drone.

That would be AWESOME. Im a little bummed that I didn't think of it.

Although, they do have a LRAD Sound Cannon which is pretty badass.

What, they couldn't take it that one step farther and create Saints Row 4's Dubstep gun?  :p

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So the police are now saying the reason the shooting victim was stopped was because he had just committed a robbery in a convenience store. Looks like once again everyone has jumped to conclusions and we've been fed a narrative to advance an agenda.

Or Maybe the police are wiping their feet all over the truth. The cop that shot and killed Brown was not aware that Brown was a robbery suspect.

http://news.yahoo.com/turmoil-tear-gas-way-hope-ferguson-053336976.html

So for the purpose of assigning some sort of Police motive for shooting Brown, This childish "he started it!" excuse can't rationally be used. Even the Police Chief knows that. Not that it matters. You don't friggin summary execute unarmed robbers.

I live in St. Louis. I live about 10 miles away from Ferguson. I'm trying my hardest to not keep both eyes on this really dreary, saddening story, but it's hard when I'm driving to work every day and every radio station has a Cop, or a police chief, or a spokesman for the police on the air to pound everyone over the head with What Really Happened™. As graphic and dramatic as the scenes of the riots and the crying African American mothers is, here in St. Louis it is not as loud or prolific as the massive Damage control PR campaign currently being waged by the police on every single media platform.

Edited by Stun

Or Maybe the police are wiping their feet all over the truth. The cop that shot and killed Brown was not aware that Brown was a robbery suspect.

http://news.yahoo.com/turmoil-tear-gas-way-hope-ferguson-053336976.html

So for the purpose of assigning some sort of Police motive for shooting Brown, This childish "he started it!" excuse can't rationally be used. Even the Police Chief knows that. Not that it matters. You don't friggin summary execute unarmed robbers.

I live in St. Louis. I live about 10 miles away from Ferguson. I'm trying my hardest to not keep both eyes on this really dreary, saddening story, but it's hard when I'm driving to work every day and every radio station has a Cop, or a police chief, or a spokesman for the police on the air to pound everyone over the head with What really Happened™. As graphic and dramatic as the scenes of the riots and the crying African American mothers is, here in St. Louis it is not as loud or prolific as the massive Damage control PR campaign currently being waged by the police on every single media platform.

Yeah, but I just watched the video, and Michael Brown pretty much looks like a ****.

I know it's bad to speak ill of the dead and all, but I'd say Oscar Grant III was a much better martyr for police brutality.  That guy was executed on camera with his hands behind his back.

This cop is most likely going to lose his badge, maybe spend a couple years in court, possibly even get a little bit of time behind bars.  Does he deserve more?  Less?

Brown is a formerly living example of why so many of us have concealed carry permits. I'll not mourn his passing and, frankly, another 100K of his ilk planted in the ground would be a fine, fine start.

As for the LibProg professional agitators of the press and the racial grievance industry, Rush speaks for me.

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Ah, justice to some.