Pathfinder CRPG by Obsidian?

best thing about this?  none of the annoying errata in the printed edition! 

...okay, and ease of setup, and multiplayer online, and beautiful design, etc. etc.

but especially no more annoying errata

I think they are planning to include errata as "feature" of the game... to preserve the authentic experience. For example, when you cast a spell that has been subject to errata it will begin to cast in the original format. You will then be presented with a game screen that will explain the changes in the spell that have been implemented. You will have to read the changes and sign off that you have "read and understand the changes to the spell" before the spell will go off. It's going to be a lot of fun!

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I can't see myself turning down an opportunity to play a single-player D&D 3.75 (aka Pathfinder) game on PC, so if this goes through I'll be shelling out my Kickstarter pledge right quick. Let's have it, Obsidian!

A card game, however... Meh, I'll pass.

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I can't see myself turning down an opportunity to play a single-player D&D 3.75 (aka Pathfinder) game on PC, so if this goes through I'll be shelling out my Kickstarter pledge right quick. Let's have it, Obsidian!

Unfortunately, the Open Gaming license doesn't allow you to adapt the D20 system into a computer game. So, they would have to develop a different rule set. As amusing as it would be to see Tim Cain develop a turn-based D&D 3.75 cRPG to school the Sword Coast Legends guys, they'll have to go a different direction on whatever cRPG they decide to make. 

Unless they've got some kind of contingency I know nothing about. 

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

Unfortunately, the Open Gaming license doesn't allow you to adapt the D20 system into a computer game. So, they would have to develop a different rule set. As amusing as it would be to see Tim Cain develop a turn-based D&D 3.75 cRPG to school the Sword Coast Legends guys, they'll have to go a different direction on whatever cRPG they decide to make. 

Actually some people think that's not correct.

There was discussion in this thread about it already.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66652-pathfinder-crpg-by-obsidian/?p=1476639

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66652-pathfinder-crpg-by-obsidian/?p=14766Well39

Well, all I can say is that if Obsidian intends on making a Pathfinder cRPG using d20 rules they had best announce development now so they can get the lawsuit out of the way sometime by 2020. At least by that point we could have had an Eternity trilogy and nobody will question them if they take a similar direction with this license. 

KickStart Paizo/Obsidian's legal fees so that they can make a d20 cRPG. 

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

All they would have to do to bypass the lawsuit is a have a document attached in the game files that can easily be read that lists all the sources that they got their materials and rules and etc from and not have a Eula agreement in the game or manual or anywhere.

That's it. Reason why no one has done it yet is because the Eula agreement "protects" them from piracy in that it outright states u shall not or face penalties. And the fact which I'm not sure if they count the agreement of the places u purchase the game from and play it on (aka steam, consoles, gog, etc) counts towards that as well.

Edited by redneckdevil

Cloud Guts Karsa Orlong called. He wants his sword back.

Never did like the work of that particular artist--too cartoonish. And the sword... :wacko:

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Has there been any more news about this game? I personally can't wait. I'm sure all of there focus is on there new game but any info is better than nothing!! Wasn't it supposed to be released first quarter?

• 3 weeks later...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66652-pathfinder-crpg-by-obsidian/?p=14766Well39

Well, all I can say is that if Obsidian intends on making a Pathfinder cRPG using d20 rules they had best announce development now so they can get the lawsuit out of the way sometime by 2020. At least by that point we could have had an Eternity trilogy and nobody will question them if they take a similar direction with this license. 

KickStart Paizo/Obsidian's legal fees so that they can make a d20 cRPG. 

It's possible they can use the Golarion world (aka Forgotten Realms for adults) without needing the d20 license.  Pillars of Eternity (or even Arcanum before PoE) proves they can make a game without aping any d20, but still keeping to the class based structure of basic DnD.  Wizards/Hasbro doesn't own all rulesets.

The pros of the Pathfinder license is it already has a HUGE mythos associated with it in Golarion.  It might not be Forgotten Realms, but personally I think it has more scope, creativity and believability than FR.

• 3 months later...

I just read through the OGL. There's nothing that bans making a game. There's also nothing that bans EULA's. The EULA just cannot put any restrictions on the Open Game Content. The issue could be skirted by simply putting "Excluding Open Game Content" or something of that sort in the EULA. Then all they would have to do is provide a copy of the SRD and any other Pathfinder rules they with the game files.