In what order will you play the upcoming 3 rpgs

Sammael7

Risen 3 releases in 4 days..

This is really good news, I hope the initial reviews are positive.

>70 on metacritic

>reviews are positive

Pick one.

Yeah some good feedback, these are the types of metrics I normally use when deciding to get a game. So I'll definitely be getting this one :yes:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If you don't mind me asking why don't you want to play Witcher 3, why deny yourself that gaming experience?

The whole franchise is high-handed, with a slant forehead, no neck, and an ill odor. 

No Wasteland 2, Inquisition in November, PoE in January, on the thirteenth to be exact. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

If you don't mind me asking why don't you want to play Witcher 3, why deny yourself that gaming experience?

The whole franchise is high-handed, with a slant forehead, no neck, and an ill odor. 

No Wasteland 2, Inquisition in November, PoE in January, on the thirteenth to be exact. 

:lol:

Equating human qualities to a game may not be the most effective way to dismiss it

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, no offense to Nonek, I'm sure he smells perfectly of tea and clean (although he can't use 'whom' to save his life, but who can). 

The Witcher 3 ... I mean, I'm glad others will enjoy it immensely. To me, the project feels similar to what it must be like to get propositioned by a relation.  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Yeah, no offense to Nonek, I'm sure he smells perfectly of tea and clean (although he can't use 'whom' to save his life, but who can). 

The Witcher 3 ... I mean, I'm glad others will enjoy it immensely. To me, the project feels similar to what it must be like to get propositioned by a relation.  

Well we know that Nonek is English and that means he loves his tea, so there is that similarity :biggrin:

John Milton 

If they all came out at once - Skip DAI, focus on POE then WL2 in time left over.

I suspect I'll check out DAI at the bargain bin if actual RPG fans turn out to like it.

And who are actual RPG fans, pray? The same people as true scotsmen? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Oh I do apologise if my grammar has not been up to snuff, not to excuse my mistakes but the generally poor level of observance on the internet seems to have bred a rather laissez faire attitude in my own prose of late, I shall endeavour to correct this however. As far as one is aware, whom is the objective position, while who the subjective, except after a preposition, has this changed in modern English? It's been four decades since grammar school and one is aware of the increasingly fluid nature of English.

Edit: Probably smell too smokey due to the pipe, but it's a pleasant aroma to me, and one uses only the finest shag.

2nd Edit: To answer the OP's question, probably just Poe immediately. DAI has from what one has seen and read become utterly farcical, and i'm currently playing through New Vegas so my post apocolyptic urge will be sated, leaving Wasteland 2 to bide awhile.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Am looking forward immensely to Pillars of Eternity.

Got Wasteland 2 via my Pillars of Eternity pledge, so I'll play that once I can get it from Other-Than-Steam.

Dragon Age: Inquisition... ehh... well... I'll admit that it appears to be something of a step in the right direction, relative to DA2, but in the final analysis, right now it looks like it's going to be one of those games that I'll only buy if I don't have anything else to 1) play, and 2) do.  It will not be a game I'll be making time for, but if the time appears and I decide to play something but nothing else (new or already played) really grabs my interest, that one will be somewhere near the top of the list for sure!  DA2 was like that for me.  I played it, start to finish, but only once and even that was a chore.  Ultimately I look back on it and file it into the same category as I put Ruins of Myth Drannor, way back when: A game with redeeming features, but that's about it.

The possibility always exists that the game will garner favourable enough reviews/feedback that the situation will change, but that's what I'm looking at from these games right now.

In terms of Other Games, which was not part of the scope of the initial question, The Witcher 3 is a must-play-it-nownownow game, and Shadow of Morder is looking more and more like a sooner-rather-than-Whatgamewasthatsupposedtobeagain? purchase for me.  That one has me intrigued with some of the things it's attempting to do, most definitely.  Very much a surprise, too, since it literally wasn't even on my gaming radar until a couple weeks ago, possibly because my attention has been on smaller, lesser-known titles and the indie scene for the past several years.

Can't think of anything else in the immediate future offhand, though.  hmm.. maybe Risen 3.  Risen 1 wasn't too bad, Risen 2 I'm struggling to find time to get into; haven't formed an opinion with that game yet.  So... maybe Risen 3.  Depending.

Depends on the collective release dates, but currently assume dai followed by poe. I backed wasteland 2, but my main reward for that will be that it demonstrated the possibility of poe. Gonna take a longer period of drought for me to approach turn-based that isn't one of the gold boxes.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

1) Wasteland 2 - because it is releasing first

2) Pillars of Eternity - because it's coming out after Wasteland 2

NA) DA:I - because I have no intention of buying it, as things stand now

This says it all.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm actually playing Dragon Age:Origins right now; and for the first time with my first PC.

I've heard nothing but ill news about DA:2, I will probably skip the rest of the series, though DA:origins I find a somewhat decent RPG in the style of KotOR. I like it well enough to keep playing.

I backed both PoE and WL2. PoE would probably be the first I'd pay in a simultaneous release; despite having just played a high fantasy RPG.

May actually be able to play in release order now since I've been offered a princely 30GB/ month cap (two months ago it was 4 GB/ month) for basically the same price I'm paying now. Sure, that'll bring me up to the internet coverage the average Finnish hobo had a decade ago, but improvement is improvement. And playing anything new is still dependent on me being bothered to get a new computer.

I will probably not get Wasteland 2, as I am not that interested in post-apocalyptic RPGs, but I am looking forward to the Torment release from the same company.

As to Dragon Age 3, I will also probably not buy it, as it is likely to include online DRM. I really liked Dragon Age 1, but I simply don't purchase games with online dependency, be it for play or installation/activation (which is the vast majority of games these days).

That leaves me with Project Eternity.

No intentions of ever playing Wasteland 2. I can't believe people still like this sort of game. Bleh.

Doubtful I'll play PoE either, unless it's really, really good, and even then I'm not sure.

Dragon Age, never had interest in this series, but with that engine, the game could be decent.. still not sure I'll ever get it.

Edited by Blodhemn

Not touching the DA:I with a ten feet pole, maybe in 3 years when some gold edition will be available for 5$

Bioware is not seeing my money after disappointing DA2 bangland and ME3 shooter, which i pre-ordered thinking that those will be actually RPGs

So Wastland 2 and PoE it is for me and then Witcher 3

Edited by Darkpriest

1) Pillars of Eternity

2) Pillars of Eternity

3) Pillars of Eternity

It's literally the only upcoming game I'm excited for atm.

That said the missus is picking up DA:I (excuse being "You know we're going to want to bitch about it") so if I hear it's particularly awful I'll no doubt end up giving it a whirl.

Wasteland 2 first because it's releasing first, then Pillars of Eternity which is by far my most anticipated game. I have no interest in DA:I. Or Witcher 3 for that matter... In the meantime I might give Shadowrun: Dragonfall a whirl since I enjoyed SRR and have been reading good things about Dragonfall.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery