In what order will you play the upcoming 3 rpgs

Sammael7

Risen 3 releases in 4 days..

This is really good news, I hope the initial reviews are positive.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Release order, if the two PC ones run on the crappy laptops I'm stuck with.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Currently it looks that I will play them in following order

Wasteland 2 (As it comes out in nearly of begin of September, and currently it looks that it is only new game in that month that I will play, as Civ BE was moved in October)

Dragon Age Inquisitor (Currently coming out 21 of November)

Pillars of Eternity (Currently don't have fixed release date, but Obsidian has said it will come out in this winter, so if it comes out before DA:I then I will play it before DA:I)

WL2

DAI

PoE

Assuming that they stick to the release dates I think they'll have.

Mind you I'm certainly playing a lot more than those three games this fall. And if WL2, DAI and PoE landed on my doorstep tomorrow - besides being confused over how they were delivered months before release in some cases and also, in fact, when I got a doorstep - I'd be playing PoE.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wasteland 2 (As it comes out in nearly of begin of September, and currently it looks that it is only new game in that month that I will play, as Civ BE was moved in October)

Pillars of Eternity (Currently don't have fixed release date, but Obsidian has said it will come out in this winter, so if it comes out before DA:I then I will play it before DA:I)

WL2

DAI

PoE

Mind you I'm certainly playing a lot more than those three games this fall. And if WL2, DAI and PoE landed on my doorstep tomorrow - besides being confused over how they were delivered months before release in some cases and also, in fact, when I got a doorstep - I'd be playing PoE.

But both you boys have left out Risen 3 from your list? You are allowed to add it even if its  not part of the original 3 options

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It depends on release dates and the amount of time I have. As it is, I doubt I will play DAI until it has been patched to stability and I can get the UE for cheap. Probably will play PoE for the longest stretch, and possibly before WL2.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

But both you boys have left out Risen 3 from your list? You are allowed to add it even if its  not part of the original 3 options

I don't believe Risen was part of the original post question.

Right now unless I get around to Risen 2 and it blows my socks off or if there are great reviews, right now I have no plans of getting Risen 3.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I will most likely buy them all but to answer the question, I will most likely play Wasteland 2 first, then Pillars of Eternity and last Dragon Age: Inquisition. The first two, I already own, the latter, I will most likely buy even though I wasn't a big fan of Dragon Age 2.

Pillars of Eternity Beta

Wasteland 2

Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity

Dragon Age: Inquisition

That's how I guess it will be for me. 

WL2

DAI

PoE

I didn't like two previous ones very much, so I probably buy it from some sale in next year or year after that.

Po:E. I have no intention of ever playing the other two. BioWare's type of game just doesn't interest me anymore, and I've never cared for turn-based combat. I'm not even sure about Torment anymore, but since it's supposed to be light in combat, it'll probably have an easier time of convincing me than Wasteland.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

DOS (still waiting for August patch before i start it)

W2 (it will fill the time until PoE comes out plus a month or two for PoE to be completely patched)

PoE (no explanation needed, as soon as it's patched, i would throw any game and start playing PoE)

Age of Decadense (hopefully it will come out by then)

DA:I (if people i trust approve of it, AND if i can find it outside Origin, i'm not in a huge hurry to play it)

• Like 1

W2 (it will fill the time until PoE comes out plus a month or two for PoE to be completely patched)

PoE (no explanation needed, as soon as it's patched, i would throw any game and start playing PoE)

DA:I (if people i trust approve of it, AND if i can find it outside Origin, i'm not in a huge hurry to play it)

That's a good list, you left out Risen 3 though?

And remember you don't have to worry about DA:I once I play it I'll endorse and approve  it for you, so no need to get other opinions :wowey:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

And remember you don't have to worry about DA:I once I play it I'll endorse and approve  it for you, so no need to get other opinions :wowey:

I have zero interest in Risen3/Witcher 3/Fallout 4 and i don't intend to play them. There are other games i'm hopefull about like Underail and Dead state, but the OP asked for 3 games and i listed more than that number already.

If you can also manage to convice EA to sell the game outside Origin, i'll take you on your offer  :p

Edited by Malekith
  • Like 1

I have zero interest in Risen3/Witcher 3/Fallout 4 and i don't intend to play them. There are other games i'm hopefull about like Underail and Dead state, but the OP asked for 3 games and i listed more than that number already.

If you can also manage to convice EA to sell the game outside Origin, i'll take you on your offer  :p

If you don't mind me asking why don't you want to play Witcher 3, why deny yourself that gaming experience?

John Milton 

If you don't mind me asking why don't you want to play Witcher 3, why deny yourself that gaming experience?

Many things, but to keep it short, i'll give you bullet-points.

I dislike FP/ Third Person OTS view in games in General, plus i dislike action combat as well. The only reason i liked Witcher was it had a Top down camera (however limited).

Witcher 2 was a huge disapointment for me in all fronts( even the setting became more generic/boring) except story.

And i honestly believe that story (the only thing CDPR has going for itself) will be hugely hurt by their focus to outskyrim Skyrim. The "bigger than Skyrim" "can go anywhere" "see that island? you can swim to it" hype leaves me cold.

Edited by Malekith

And i honestly believe that story (the only thing CDPR has going for itself) will be hugely hurt by their focus to outskyrim Skyrim. The "bigger than Skyrim" "can go anywhere" "see that island? you can swim to it" hype leaves me cold.

I thought they went with "see that wench? you can bang her".

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

1) Wasteland 2 - because it is releasing first

2) Pillars of Eternity - because it's coming out after Wasteland 2

NA) DA:I - because I have no intention of buying it, as things stand now

My stance too.

With the exception that I won't be getting DAI no matter how it stands.

• Like 2

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

"If you don't mind me asking why don't you want to play Witcher 3, why deny yourself that gaming experience?"

'Cause, ti's gonna be as crappy as the other two.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm gonna play Wasteland 2 because it comes out first and then I'll play a lot of PoE.

After the release of DA2 I finally cured myself of the need to play Bioware made games on release ... and after skipping ME3 entirely and not regretting it, I think I've kicked the EA habit cold-turkey.

Edited by nikolokolus

"If you don't mind me asking why don't you want to play Witcher 3, why deny yourself that gaming experience?"

'Cause, ti's gonna be as crappy as the other two.

Yeah, probably. But it's supposed to be openworld, so... Nah, you're right.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link