In what order will you play the upcoming 3 rpgs

Sammael7

I suspect we'll get wasteland 2 first next month (hopefully)

but soon after (likely November) we will have both pillars of eternity and dragon age inquisition drop.

Assuming they all dropped right on top of each other, which do you play first?

Personally, I like to play what I'm anticipating the least from first, and the most from last so that I can still have that to look forward to.

If I did that with divinity original sin though I probably would have played that first, not expecting much.

I want to try wasteland 2 first since I am more into sci fi/fantasy settings vs the more real world constraints of something like a wasteland series.  But who knows, that might be better than everything.

PoE would be my top pick, but seeing as I own Wasteland 2 already (thanks to SqueakyCat for hooking me up with a copy!) that's what I'll play through first. 

and after Dragon Age 2 Bio has lost all credibility with me, so any games they produce from now on will only be played by me after seeing a million videos and hearing a million opinions of them first 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

1) Wasteland 2 - because it is releasing first

2) Pillars of Eternity - because it's coming out after Wasteland 2

NA) DA:I - because I have no intention of buying it, as things stand now

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I already started playing the W2 demo and the Eternity demo releases next weak.

Probably won't get to DAI until a few years, and not until it hits the bargain bin with all their DLC compiled together.

Then again, I've barely started DA2 and ME3 -and by then there will probably be other games holding my interest.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

If they all came out at once - Skip DAI, focus on POE then WL2 in time left over.

I suspect I'll check out DAI at the bargain bin if actual RPG fans turn out to like it.

• Like 2

Probably only DA:I, it looks like the game best of the lot by far.

oooooh, controversial opinions time!  :dancing:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

our prediction is that PoE will slip to early 2015, but even so, we will not play da:i for at least one year. we waited ~ one year after its release to play mass effect 3 and we do not regret that decision. by waiting 11+ months to purchase me3, we got a much more stable and somewhat cheaper product along with free dlc that likely shoulda' been included with the initial release. 

we is likely to play wasteland 2 first.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, then Dragon Age Inquisition. Mostly because I kickstarted the first 2 so I'll play them I the order I get them, then DA:I because I have no money so I have to wait till it hits $20 or someone buys it for me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'll try the games I backed as soon as I get them, of course, but whether it's to completion or just to sample for a day depends on how that first session goes. Heck, I'm still sitting on D:OS until the major August patch, and also haven't gotten back to Dragonfall, now waiting for the Enhanced Edition.

DA3 depends on you guys selling it to me. I never got through DA1 and ignored DA2 completely so that's a fair hurdle to overcome.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

"DA3 depends on you guys selling it to me. I never got through DA1 and ignored DA2 completely so that's a fair hurdle to overcome."

Don't buy or play it. You won't like it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Probably DAI, since it will be readily available retail. Other two depend on whether I can hijack some kind person's internet for a substantial download, and much as with D: OS I'll have to wait for patching to die down as well. And any of them depends on whether I can get off my bum and actually buy myself a new computer, something I've been meaning to do since TWitcher2 was released and am yet to get around to.

"DA3 depends on you guys selling it to me. I never got through DA1 and ignored DA2 completely so that's a fair hurdle to overcome."

Don't buy or play it. You won't like it.

Odds are that turns out to be true, yes, but then if I applied the same logic to to everything I'd probably never have played games I ended up enjoying such as BG2, Twitcher 2 and Skyrim.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

POE wins easily.

Wasteland 2 looks lackluster and a step back from fallout 3 new vegas, Dragon age 3 will have to wait for stunning reviews on metacritic since Bioware sex appeal was dealt a serious blow with dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 fiasco, there were too many hostiles emotions in play.

I'll try the games I backed as soon as I get them, of course, but whether it's to completion or just to sample for a day depends on how that first session goes. Heck, I'm still sitting on D:OS until the major August patch, and also haven't gotten back to Dragonfall, now waiting for the Enhanced Edition.

DA3 depends on you guys selling it to me. I never got through DA1 and ignored DA2 completely so that's a fair hurdle to overcome.

DA:I  has Romance in it, I'll sell it to you no problem.... :wub:

I'll probably play DA:I first and then PoE because I think PoE is only going to released in 2015. Then W2, no rush to play that game

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Probably DAI, since it will be readily available retail. Other two depend on whether I can hijack some kind person's internet for a substantial download, and much as with D: OS I'll have to wait for patching to die down as well. And any of them depends on whether I can get off my bum and actually buy myself a new computer, something I've been meaning to do since TWitcher2 was released and am yet to get around to.

There's still the option of getting a boxed copy of Pillars of Eternity through the website. At $50 plus shipping it's definitely no more expensive than DAI.

As much as I hated and despised DA2, I have high hopes that Inquisition will be a return to form for bioware.  They have already fixed some unforgivable issues like the scope of the game with more varied locations (even with like 4-5 maps D:OS was VASTLY more epic in scope than DA2), and no longer having a locked camera.

• Like 1

As much as I hated and despised DA2, I have high hopes that Inquisition will be a return to form for bioware.  They have already fixed some unforgivable issues like the scope of the game with more varied locations (even with like 4-5 maps D:OS was VASTLY more epic in scope than DA2), and no longer having a locked camera.

Yeah, no need to worry. I am also of the opinion that DA:I is going to offer us a very entertaining RPG experience :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

O RLY? $50 = $90?

I learn new things every day...

Then again, PE cost me $250....

L0L

:( :( :(

I wrote "no more expensive" not "the same price as". In any case international shipping varies wildly so I didn't want to make assumptions. (fwiw for me PoE boxed would be at least $65 and DAI is $80.)

There's still the option of getting a boxed copy of Pillars of Eternity through the website. At $50 plus shipping it's definitely no more expensive than DAI.

Yeah, I know. It'd cost a lot more than DAI to get PoE that way though, since I'll get DAI via a British remailer with free mailing rather than the $20 for PoE shipping. If the twenty bucks went to Obsidian I'd do it, but it'd go to the courier or worse, Paradox.

I'm not really that worried, I can usually scum downloads if I really need to, it's just mildly embarrassing to have to do so.

1. PoE

2. WL2

3. DA:I

That's not to say I expect DA:I to be crap, just that it doesn't have me as interested as the others. Realistically thought, there is a good chance that DA:I is released before all of them, given WL2 been pushed back to September (and not for the first time), and we won't see PoE this year. Which would mean I will be playing DA:I first.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I haven't got any interest whatsoever in W2. Might play it a couple years down the line, but I dislike postapocalyptic media of all sorts, so it wouldn't make much sense for me.

I think DA:I will come out before PoE, so I'll likely be going with BioWare's latest first. If they come out about the same time, I'll probably still play DA:I first, because I don't want to be comparing BioWare's writing to Obsidian's writing while playing a BioWare game.