Shadow Realms? (You've Been Chosen)

IGN has 4 minutes of off-screen gameplay from Gamescom up.  I can't find it on youtube yet, so you'll have to watch it through their page:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/13/4-minutes-ofshadow-realms-gameplay-gamescom-2014

Obviously, that's a small snippet and there's gotta be more to the game than that, but that looks boring as hell.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To me it looks like a MMO, and not a good one, with the kill a bunch of mobs in a room, lift the barrier, kill a bunch of mobs in a room, lift the barrier, lather, rinse repeat combat.  Supposedly it's not a MMO, but 4 vs. 1 online co-op.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I dunno, I'll need to see more. As an action RPG fan, that footage doesn't win me over or repulse me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, I stopped watching after 2 minutes out of boredom. It looked like mediocre copy of diablo with much worse camera.

At least you made it to 2 minutes!

I can honestly say I have no idea wtf is going on anymore the only thing that amazed me was just how far away that apple is from the tree.

I dunno, I'll need to see more. As an action RPG fan, that footage doesn't win me over or repulse me.

I'm underwhelmed.  It's still early but if this is indeed a co-op then I'm not interested.

It depends on the type of co-op. I'm out of anything that involved an constant, easy internet connection.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Bonus points for showing PC controls, but it seems to be some sort online multiplayer hack&slash ARPG combination, so it is possibility that they will not release it on consoles.

As game it don't seem such that interest me as I am not big fan of multiplayer only games.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2014/08/13/dark-tidings-bioware-announces-shadow-realms-at-gamescom/

One player takes the role of the Shadowlord, sending Shadow Legions, traps and environmental effects against the others, whose characters have recently awoken with magical powers in a formerly non-magical world.

Yeah, that's me not interested anymore. I don't want to play any game where I'm forced to play with another player.

• Like 2

A single player heroes-esque real-world with powers game I would totally play. This, not so much.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2014/08/13/dark-tidings-bioware-announces-shadow-realms-at-gamescom/

One player takes the role of the Shadowlord, sending Shadow Legions, traps and environmental effects against the others, whose characters have recently awoken with magical powers in a formerly non-magical world.

Yeah, that's me not interested anymore. I don't want to play any game where I'm forced to play with another player.

That sounds absolutely boring.

And like you, I'd rather not be forced to play with other players.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)