Here is why in-game purchases = a disgrace to humanity

ktchong

Doesn't bother me. People have the right to buy what they want.

The announcers are completely un selfaware. They talk about douchebags? I just watched two douchebags.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't like the concept of free-to-play game that is really a pay to win type game in disguise...but a disgrace to humanity? Over-dramatic much?

And I actually agree with Volo.

That being said...things like horse armor and Day One DLC are tacky as hell, and smart consumers really shouldn't reward companies that practice such money grabbing tactics.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't see the problem with day one DLC. The game has to be content locked for a while before release, nothing wrong with having the staff with little else to do, unlessthey are ready to move on to another project, polish up a bit of content they couldn't get into the game before release and get it out digitally.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oh yes, this is certainly a new low for humanity.  This is definitely worse than Elizabeth Bathory torturing and murdering hundreds of girls, forcing them to eat their own flesh and smearing herself with their blood.  This is worse than Emperor Hirohito ordering the execution of all war prisoners (numbering in the hundreds of thousands) and ordering women to be raped, sometimes forcing their own family members to rape them.  This is most certainly worse than Joseph Stalin killing an estimated 30-50 million people, many of whom were his own countrymen.  Yes, this Kim Kardashian mobile game is a new low for humanity.

:facepalm:

This game is a shameless cash grab, for sure, but it's hardly a blight on humanity.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Gaming as a service is a depressing trend, for sure.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh yes, this is certainly a new low for humanity.  This is definitely worse than Elizabeth Bathory torturing and murdering hundreds of girls, forcing them to eat their own flesh and smearing herself with their blood.  This is worse than Emperor Hirohito ordering the execution of all war prisoners (numbering in the hundreds of thousands) and ordering women to be raped, sometimes forcing their own family members to rape them.  This is most certainly worse than Joseph Stalin killing an estimated 30-50 million people, many of whom were his own countrymen.  Yes, this Kim Kardashian mobile game is a new low for humanity.

:facepalm:

This game is a shameless cash grab, for sure, but it's hardly a blight on humanity.

Play the game, I dare ya.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Only think which bother me is sheer number of extremly stupid people actually paying for such trash. Some parents will be deeply dissapointed with their kids

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Is the young Ms Kardashian the richest hobbit since Bilbo?

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Am I the only one who thinks Kim Kardashian is really hot ? :sweat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Do you enjoy burning off real money on flooding everyone's Facebook page with news of your non-existent carrot farm? Well, I got just the thing for you, because you'll absolutely enjoy the feature of winning a non-continuous game with even less effort of thorough thinking, and thus cheapen any sense of achievement!"

This issue, let's call it that, seems somewhat like a promising scam if there was any actual indication that it might work.

You'd walk into a bank with a gun and a ski mask on, put a bucket on the floor and say "I'm going now but if anybody wants to put some money in there, you know, the option is open".

Edited by TheChris92

A new low for humanity.

Yes, it's an RPG.

This game takes advantage of the stupid people. Its like virtual Darwinism, the stupid people can't resist and spend all their real money on non-physical things like that and go broke in the process which then dramatically decreases the chances of reproduction.

I already love this game.

Am I the only one who thinks Kim Kardashian is really hot ? :sweat:

She has one facial expression and all her internal organs including her brain are in her butt, explaining its freaking size compared to the rest of the body. And this is very creepy.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Isn't this the God-Blessed economic system known as "free-market capitalism" at work? According to Chicago/Austrian school economists, all humans are perfectly rational economic actors who logically maximize their self-interest. Thus, this product must have legitimate market value.

Edited by AGX-17

A new low for humanity.

snip

Yes, it's an RPG.

I'd friggin' make that game if I had the means to do so.

Then I'd go and make an awesome RPG with all that money.

It ain't that difficult, it just takes time and some skills.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Like everything else in life then. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Like everything else in life then. :p

That has been my approach to everything, and a thousand hits to the face later I finally managed to swing my nunchakus.

village_idiot.gif

So, given the logical infallibility of this product in classical economics... Butts. The value of imaaginary Kim Kardashian butts has proven to have real value (imagine the values of real Kim Kardashian butts; it's practically an entire economy in itself!)

What's the purely rational, self-interested return on this? "I don't know" - Chicago/Austrian economists

Welcome to the world of soft science! It's not math, it's not physics, it's not chemistry; it's politics masquerading as science.