poedialoguewindowklym9.png

Very impressive, first off. Very awesome dialogue screen. 

By my count, the nine dialogue options boil down to this:

- 3 regular responses

- 5 stat responses

- 1 multi-stat response (this blows my mind and makes me so, so happy)

I'm going to assume that the three regulars all flow into the same reaction (plus Athletics), but what about the other five? We know that there will/can be up to twelve responses for one screen, but how many of those are just for flavor? Those five are all stat-based, so I'm a bit cautious.

I'm going to assume Intelligence and Perception flow into one peaceful response.

If I may, what is the ratio of Flavor responses vs. Actual ones?

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

We know from the E3 previews that Option 6 allows you to stop Heodan from getting that serious injury; Option 7 allows you to identify their tribe name and address them accordingly but were not informed of the options past it.

If options 6 and 7 both yield the "Heodan unharmed" result, then I'm guessing it would be an OR. If option 7 yields a better result (e.g. Heodan unharmed + Glanfathans pike off), then it would likely be an AND, because otherwise Lore alone would outweigh Athletics. Or it might be a situational thing where Lore just suits the situation better - I'm guessing none of the skill-check options lead to Heodan dying, so this is also possible, as choosing the right option depending on the situation would lead to a lesser difference in the outcome (harmed/unharmed) with the worst possible one being averted.

Edited by Gorbag

Nothing gold can stay.

If it is, indeed, an OR, I hope that there are still at least a bunch of ANDs throughout the game.

In that case, shouldn't the INT roll by 13 as well instead of 15?

They might not have those values set where they want them yet. I mean... ONE Athletics to charge a guy holding a hostage at blade-point before he can react?! Really? Apparently the Athletics scale is binary:

0 is you have to stop and pant for a few minutes after every step you take.

1 is Bionic Man.

:)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

ONE Athletics to charge a guy holding a hostage at blade-point before he can react?! Really? Apparently the Athletics scale is binary:

1 is Bionic Man

"Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better... stronger... faster."

^ If you put a name of the protagonist, change his class and replace the word "technology" with "animancy" you get the SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN of Eternity. Well, six million gold pieces at least.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Why, it's not the same argument you use for the 13 int check and the 15 int check. We don't even know what the player will say, he could even try too say that he is from the same tribe.

They might not have those values set where they want them yet. I mean... ONE Athletics to charge a guy holding a hostage at blade-point before he can react?! Really? Apparently the Athletics scale is binary:

You are level one(I doubt that 66 exp is enough to level up) and the maximum skill level you can have is two, so it's likely that the skills values won't change. And if you go by some e3  previews the glanfathan leader will react and harm heodan.

Why, it's not the same argument you use for the 13 int check and the 15 int check. We don't even know what the player will say, he could even try too say that he is from the same tribe.

Because then it seems like it should just be a different option entirely.

If it is, indeed, an OR, I hope that there are still at least a bunch of ANDs throughout the game.

1 is Bionic Man.

:)

I think that 1 athletics is about max that characters in demo build can have in that point of game, as there is no skill point dealing at character creation, meaning that characters have only their class bonuses for skill checks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got to play it in the Gamescom event this weekend and it was very cool. I am super excited to see them use more than just one stat towards an input to NPC's. It's quite awesome the way they have engineered it. I am very excited to see what you can unlocked and do with the new options. Ho-ray! for that strategy guide in the backing haha, hopefully not going to spoil anything to much. In any case had a blast playing the game and really am looking forward to getting to play more...winter is coming... :D

Respectfully,

-Levok