Next Obsidian Kickstarter

Dagon

I would very much like a new vampires game, with Obsidian being one of the very few developers who can pull it off. Would personally donate 300usd for kickstarter. The community has been wishing for bloodlines 2 for what seems like an eternity.

• Like 5

I'd like a game set in the modern period, with a horror theme and a secret world of monsters that pull the strings of humanity from the shadows.

I'd be down for a modern setting RPG no matter the premise.

• Like 1

one part of me wants something similar to crpg classics like Wizardry 6,7 and 8 because i really like these types of games or Ultima VII which is one of my favourite games as well.

But on the other hand i would welcome some sci/fi themed games as well and tbh it doesn't matter too  much for me, what matter is the quality of the game.

Edited by Chr1s

Sawyer studied history, right?

So I think it'd be nice if we got an RPG set in an actual historic period and preferably one that doesn't already suffer from media over-exposure. Just hanging out, exploring a time and place in history most people likely to play Obsidian RPGs know little about. Something like that anyway.

Sci-fi and Gothic Horror could be fun too.

• Like 1

I think I either would like to see Arcanum with a tighter plot or more stuff in the PoE world.. I think they have developed some kick ass lore for this world but I do love Arcanum.. I just wish the game was a bit more refined..?

Forgotten Realms would have had my vote before WoTC ruined it to get the FPS crowd into DnD. Look we killed Mystra and blew **** up!

From George Ziets @ http://new.spring.me/#!/user/GZiets/timeline/responses

Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat. While this does put more emphasis on solving quests, the lack of rewards for killing creatures makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game) as much as I can.

Personally, I like for them to explore the Victorian setting similar to Arcanum but minus the non-subtle magic. What I would like is an atmosphere comparable to Sherlock Holmes setting intertwined with Cthulhu mythos. You gather investigators to unravel mysteries of the occult that leads to go against the unexplainable and the unbelievable. And you are equipped only with utilising the era's firearms, clues and information, traditional gypsie charms, and whatever relics and runes uncovered from the mystery. 

Basically, Elder Signs the true RPG. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but COME ON!! TIM CAIN IS ON THE TEAM!! WHERE IS MY ARCANUM 2!?

I don't know, a fantasy(or semi-fantasy) RPG after another fantasy RPG might not be the best idea. It'd have to be something the entire team could get behind, too.

Oh, and whatever the new kickstarter is I'll double my last pledge to it just to see those numbers soar :)

Edited by evilmiera

Yeah, prefer a non-fantasy game next *unless* it's an Oglaf game. South Park was the perfect preparation for the project, an irreverent fantasy-comedy, join the dots. :D It already has an established world (and map), a fantastic roster of recurring and throwaway characters, wondrous artifacts, twisted gods, etc.

Imagine a tutorial guided by the Derp Fox, that alone would be worth the purchase price!

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Would love a "Weird Western" setting but that's probably darn unlikely.

Would also like a "Pulp Adventure" set in the 30s.  Doublely unlikely unless "Pulp Adventure" is defined as "Action + Lovecraft Mythos" in which case it goes back to just unlikely.

But, ultimately, I want Obsidian to do a kickstarter about a game setting they're passionate about.  That'll probably work out for the best.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but COME ON!! TIM CAIN IS ON THE TEAM!! WHERE IS MY ARCANUM 2!?

Isn't the rights to that with Activision-Blizzard?  (Sierra was bought by Vivendi who was sold to Activision).

Unless you mean "Arcanum 2 in spirit and not in actual IP" in which case, carry on.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Would love a "Weird Western" setting but that's probably darn unlikely.

Would also like a "Pulp Adventure" set in the 30s.  Doublely unlikely unless "Pulp Adventure" is defined as "Action + Lovecraft Mythos" in which case it goes back to just unlikely.

But, ultimately, I want Obsidian to do a kickstarter about a game setting they're passionate about.  That'll probably work out for the best.

Isn't the rights to that with Activision-Blizzard?  (Sierra was bought by Vivendi who was sold to Activision).

Unless you mean "Arcanum 2 in spirit and not in actual IP" in which case, carry on.

Absolutely, the most important bit is the passion one. A game they can enjoy making is at the top of my wishlist. And uh, one that can make money at the same time, to keep them afloat. Everything else is just gravy.

And if that was an Oglaf game they better voice all the characters themselves. Chris would make a great Sandoval.

I wouldn't mind an RPG in the vein of the Continuum tv series. Modern day setting, but you can get some cool weapons and tech powers due to existence of time travellers and such. I wouldn't mind some sort of Adventure/RPG a la the Quest for Glory games in that kind of setting either.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Honestly as much as I would like a new game I would love it if you went back to an old one. Neverwinter Nights 2 is probably what I would love to see most from you guys, while being a great game it had a few things that really hold it back. While it had an amazing story, great features, and over a hundred hours of gameplay it could be a million times better if you went back and remade it. A new engine would make it a much smoother play, updated graphics would help polish it's already beautiful world setting and some more expanded party character options would make it a must buy. I'll own up now that it's hands down my favorite game of all time which is why I decided to post in the first place. I know it's a long shot but it's an amazing game that I whole heatedly want to share with the current generation of gamers who've missed out on it's wonders. Just a thought, love you guys!

You know, for all the flack it took, I really liked NWN2 also.  Playing it now actually, although fighting it every inch of the way on an 11 year old computer with XP.  

• Like 1

What's the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"?   Apparently, none.     :huh:  

Honestly as much as I would like a new game I would love it if you went back to an old one. Neverwinter Nights 2 is probably what I would love to see most from you guys, while being a great game it had a few things that really hold it back. While it had an amazing story, great features, and over a hundred hours of gameplay it could be a million times better if you went back and remade it. A new engine would make it a much smoother play, updated graphics would help polish it's already beautiful world setting and some more expanded party character options would make it a must buy. I'll own up now that it's hands down my favorite game of all time which is why I decided to post in the first place. I know it's a long shot but it's an amazing game that I whole heatedly want to share with the current generation of gamers who've missed out on it's wonders. Just a thought, love you guys!

I liked the story and the 3.5e implementation, but the Aurora Engine and some Gameplay flaws (at least in my opinion) like the Death-System (even if it got somewhat better in SoZ), the crafting and the inventory fiddling killed most of the fun and I only managed to finish the campaign once. That being said, I mostly played (a lot) on persistant worlds - multiplayer engine (even with all its bugs and flaws) really being an outstanding feature of NWN2.

But I'd love to see it redone with a more polished engine and revised gameplay features, best maybe with isometric graphics, I actually never liked the 3D graphics of NWN2. But keeping it on the 3.5e Ruleset would probably be an issue of licencing.

I would be happy to back. Obisidians involvement in NWN2 is one of the main reasons I am so eager to play PoE.

See the problem with saying they should use specific settings is that they cannot do Kickstarters with them.

They can do games with settings inspired by or similar to certain IPs, but they can't just go and make a Dune game or a Star Wars game.

Them making their own IPs to work with holds many more benefits than just borrowing one for a single game anyways.

-They can do whatever they want with the setting with no restrictions

-They keep all of the profits from the game

-They can make a sequel whenever they feel like it, no need to go and abase oneself before any publishers

-We need more good original IPs in the world

• Like 2

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Uhm, no, there's no clause that says a company can't go to Kickstarter with a license (provided, obviously, they've worked it out with the license holder, gee). It's actually already happened. Now, is it desirable? Eeh, I don't know, but it can happen and Feargus actually hinted they were in talks for a license last time he talked about another Kickstarter.