Dragon Age: Inquisition

"Volo can you give some examples instead of "Yes there is""

The examples are in the game. If someone has played the game and understands it, there's no needed to explanation. if they played the game and came with some other conclsuion, and no amount of  me explaining it is gonna help them.

DA has its flaws (I can list a bunch myself!) but it being called Dragon but not being about dragons is such a silly thing to whine about which is why it has to be a troll so the thread can't be taken seriously.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i. If Templars don't need lyrium means anyone can cast magic through training, that's against the lore saying Mages are born with magic while non-Mage cannot cast magic at all. In DA2 Templar tooltip saying that lyrium that give Templar power, not by training. And it says anyone could have access to lyrium and a trainer can learn Templar ability. The Warden can use Templar ability without lyrium at all.

ii. The intro is Chantry lore, darkspawn taint everything they touch. Bodhan also said "darkspawn destroy everything they touch" if you ask about how he get all his wares.

iii. That is why it is not only in 1 year

iv. The Warden mage prove he/she is not like what the propaganda says. So everything the Warden Mage do, it's nothing. Let say people talk bad about you, you try to prove they wrong, you prove it, but then no one care, how do you feel? Better let them rot in the begining. Why would the Warden Mage care to help people if in the end no one change their perspective about his/her kind?

v. I don't agree with you, anything related with Jesus will give impact to Christians. If the Church declare they found Jesus tooth pick, every Christians will cry out "Jesus exist!" and go nuts...so now imagine this Andrasterian religion where most people in Thedas consider a myth, her tomb is found, surely it give a major impact especially in a world where the Chantry rule

vi. Nope, the story continuity taken over the NOVEL, not the game. Dragon Age : Inquisition will be based on the novel. In which means DA2 (and DA:O) doesn't mean anything. So in the novel it is said that Mages rebel against Templars. It is not about Kirkwal event whatsoever.

vii. That is why it doesn't make sense, and it didn't explained in the game. You have been playing a role of Grey Warden in DA:O and then nothing is explained to you. DA2 totally brush off about it and focus on Hawke a nobody.

viii. Look at DA:O, the only Grey Warden in final battle is you and Alistair, 2 Grey Wardens only from begining to the end. And these 2 END THE BLIGHT....

ix. No, if you play Mage Origin, the Blood Magic books was in the library BEFORE Irving put them away because Gregoir advise him to, it is because they suspect apprentice read them. And it was Jowan the suspect. Then in Broken Circle quest, there are A LOT of Blood Mages in the Circle, do everyone wonder where they come from? They are the Circle Mages, they learn Blood Magic in the Circle right under the Chantry and Templar nose.

x. That is why i said the whole thing never being decided, they just pile up the stories, then when DA:O hyped, they make all the decisions and thus making DA2. They overlook many things.

Alright...see this, if you play Mage origin...

- Jowan escape the tower

- you and Duncan goes to Ostagar

- at Ostagar, Duncan said Arl Eamon is sick and cannot send his troop to Cailan. It means you and Duncan somehow stop at Redcliff for some time

- Arl Eamon sickness is because Jowan poison him actually

- When Jowan poison Arl Eamon?

- Ser Donald in Lothering said "Arl Eamon fell ill long before the king died", Cailan died at Ostagar

- You found Jowan in Redcliffe dungeon, how long he being in the dungeon?

- Jowan said he meet with Loghain

- When he meet with Loghain?

- Jowan also said that he was hired as the arl son tutor. When he become a tutor?

Take a note that Jowan escape the tower the same time you and Duncan leave to Ostagar, Loghain is at Ostagar, Arl Eamon already sick, Loghain and the King was in military campaigns before Ostagar and being at Ostagar long before you and Duncan arrive...

Edited by Qistina

i. If Templars don't need lyrium means anyone can cast magic through training, that's against the lore saying Mages are born with magic while non-Mage cannot cast magic at all. In DA2 Templar tooltip saying that lyrium that give Templar power, not by training. And it says anyone could have access to lyrium and a trainer can learn Templar ability. The Warden can use Templar ability without lyrium at all.

ii. The intro is Chantry lore, darkspawn taint everything they touch. Bodhan also said "darkspawn destroy everything they touch" if you ask about how he get all his wares.

iii. That is why it is not only in 1 year

iv. The Warden mage prove he/she is not like what the propaganda says. So everything the Warden Mage do, it's nothing. Let say people talk bad about you, you try to prove they wrong, you prove it, but then no one care, how do you feel? Better let them rot in the begining. Why would the Warden Mage care to help people if in the end no one change their perspective about his/her kind?

v. I don't agree with you, anything related with Jesus will give impact to Christians. If the Church declare they found Jesus tooth pick, every Christians will cry out "Jesus exist!" and go nuts...so now imagine this Andrasterian religion where most people in Thedas consider a myth, her tomb is found, surely it give a major impact especially in a world where the Chantry rule

vi. Nope, the story continuity taken over the NOVEL, not the game. Dragon Age : Inquisition will be based on the novel. In which means DA2 (and DA:O) doesn't mean anything. So in the novel it is said that Mages rebel against Templars. It is not about Kirkwal event whatsoever.

vii. That is why it doesn't make sense, and it didn't explained in the game. You have been playing a role of Grey Warden in DA:O and then nothing is explained to you. DA2 totally brush off about it and focus on Hawke a nobody.

viii. Look at DA:O, the only Grey Warden in final battle is you and Alistair, 2 Grey Wardens only from begining to the end. And these 2 END THE BLIGHT....

ix. No, if you play Mage Origin, the Blood Magic books was in the library BEFORE Irving put them away because Gregoir advise him to, it is because they suspect apprentice read them. And it was Jowan the suspect. Then in Broken Circle quest, there are A LOT of Blood Mages in the Circle, do everyone wonder where they come from? They are the Circle Mages, they learn Blood Magic in the Circle right under the Chantry and Templar nose.

x. That is why i said the whole thing never being decided, they just pile up the stories, then when DA:O hyped, they make all the decisions and thus making DA2. They overlook many things.

- Jowan escape the tower

- at Ostagar, Duncan said Arl Eamon is sick and cannot send his troop to Cailan. It means you and Duncan somehow stop at Redcliff for some time

- Arl Eamon sickness is because Jowan poison him actually

- When Jowan poison Arl Eamon?

- Ser Donald in Lothering said "Arl Eamon fell ill long before the king died", Cailan died at Ostagar

- You found Jowan in Redcliffe dungeon, how long he being in the dungeon?

- Jowan said he meet with Loghain

- When he meet with Loghain?

- Jowan also said that he was hired as the arl son tutor. When he become a tutor?

Take a note that Jowan escape the tower the same time you and Duncan leave to Ostagar, Loghain is at Ostagar, Arl Eamon already sick, Loghain and the King was in military campaigns before Ostagar and being at Ostagar long before you and Duncan arrive...

I think you're overthinking what could easily be attributed to laziness.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

i.

Do Templars really cast magic, though? I confess, I never played much with the Templar template and never paid much attention to whatever Alistair was doing.

ii.

I don't trust the Chantry's account of anything in Dragon Age. They have too much self-interest (same as the Grey Wardens). Remember Duncan's line in the VO is "The Chantry Teaches Us..." which leaves a lot of room for uncertainty.

iii. I don't see why it couldn't have been 1 year.

iv. How did the Warden-Mage prove they weren't like the propoganda? The propoganda is, even a mage who is pure in heart can become during sleep possessed by fade demons and kill everyone.

So the Warden-Mage defeats the Arch-Demon (either way) why does that tell the average, mage fearing population that the Warden-Mage has proven that Mages can't be randomly possessed by fade demons? Arguably, since Pride is a fade demon, the chantry believers would probably be thinking that it's entirely more likely having become a big-wig that the Warden Mage would fall.

I'm not saying no one would think better of mages, but changing the views of people who have been propogandized by the chantry for at least 9 centuries isn't going to happen overnight, no matter how good the Warden-Mage was.

All it would take is a town to be ransacked by blood mages and people would be "Yeah the Warden-Mage was awesome, but..."

v. I wasn't trying to imply it wouldn't have impact, but we've already seen that long held Christian Icons (like the Shroud of Turin) are considered suspect. In fact I believe there was a recent "find" of part of the crucifixition cross that came under fire. Sure there's interest, but interest in this day and age is also tempered by doubt.

And I don't agree that most people think Andraste is a myth in Thedas. There seems to be a lot of belief there. What the Chantry would want to do, however, is not announce the finding of the ashes before they'd confirmed it else they'd potentially create a situation where the site was ransacked before they had a chance to study (and control) it.

vi. Don't read the novels, so can't make an argument about them. Having not read them, I'd have to assume that in some place the novels explain how the situation in Kirkwall lead to a larger Mage/Templar rebellion.

vii. Well I'd rather not be forced to be a Grey Warden to be honest, and I don't trust their organization as a whole.

viii. Yeah, DA:O where you have an army of people, 3 Grey Wardens (one who dies) and a party of "Awesome NPCs" to keep things going. And they still come close to loosing; the city is destroyed. And what if the other two died it, how would they stop the blight then if they only had 3? Imagine how dicey that scenario would be with one?

Look I agree they don't NEED an army of grey warden. But having one is probably a better idea than not (and again, i think its in the Grey Warden's interest to make it seem like they need an army - it keeps their powerbase strong since, supposedly, they can't have children (morrigan-child notwithstanding)

ix. Right, I know they were in the library. They'd have to be if they were to study them. Its only after the fact that it hits them they've been naive.

- Jowan escape the tower

As I recall, Duncan informs King Cailan that Arl Eamon is ready to send his troops if they wait a few days and it is Cailan who says that Arl Eamon just wants in on the glory and, essentially, they don't need him (oops).

Remember the player & Alistair don't hear the Arl is sick until after they get out of the woods (in fact, if I remember correctly, not until after Alistair talks about the people they can recruit for the army after Lothering)

Since Duncan's voice-over indicates that he and the PC left directly for Ostagar after the Origin was over, it indicates that Duncan was at Redcliff before the Player's Origin (which we know he was since one of the new recruits came from Redcliff).

Arguably in that case, Jowan was captured by Loghain's men and met with Loghain while Duncan and the PC was headed to Ostagar. Jowan would have poisoned Eamon sometime after he arrived; we don't know how many days it took Duncan and the PC to get to Ostagar but we do know that Duncan would have been hampered in ways Jowan and Loghain may not have been with regard to travel.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Let's discuss hot chicks!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i. Templar ability in DA:O is actually Anti-Magic from Spirit School. You can even argue about "templar use magic themselves" with Alistair. They retcon it in DA2

ii. No matter if you believe Chantry or not, that is not the issue

iii. it's more than 1 year, some people even calculate it but i don't want to go into detail

iv. That is what the Chantry believe

v. in medieval time, even the splinter of the "True Cross" could make Christian overzealous

vi. I don't read the novel either, the point is Kirkwal event do not spark the war, and cannot spark the war by it self

vii. what your believe is not the issue, i am talking about the game inconsistncies

viii. The point is, you only need ONE Grey Warden, even a new recruit to kill Archdemon to end the Blight

ix. There are a lot of Right of Anulment in Circle history

x. In Mage Origin, Duncan is with the player from begining to end of the origin. Redcliffe is south from the Tower and only in one day journey. Redcliffe to Ostagar may take 2 or 3 days. In anyway, it is impossible for Jowan to become a tutor for the Arl son, teaching him some magic, and then poison the Arl. Ser Donall said the Arl was sick long before Cailan died, and the Knight was in search for the Urn of Sacred Ashes already. Ser Henric a Templar died outside Lothering giving news of Bro Genetivy whereabout in Denerim, meaning the Knights don't know his whereabout., but Isolde said she who fund Bro Genetivy research.  There are also Knights in Haven dead, when they arrived there and dead? And how they know Haven?

What else you want to argue?

Edited by Qistina

as has no doubt become apparent to many, Gromnir will tenaciously argue most any issue. we saw qistina trying to peddle the All Games Belong to Kotor bit to a new group o' marks and we chose to abstain. can making sweeping generalizations and absurd comparisons to be finding similarities 'tween any  Light v. Dark  story. for example, episode iv of star wars had a dragon: the death star. 

give qistina a link to joseph campbell and call it a day. 

as for hot chicks in dragon age: inquisition, we ain't paid much attention. cassandra (am hoping she ain't prophetic) reminds us a bit o' maggie o'connel (jannine turner) from old northern exposure tv series. 

http://mixnmojo.com/galleries/full/full20110830194919.jpg

we got no interest in bio romances, but am admitting that we thought maggie o'connel were quite fetching.  

on the other hand, giving the mage companion the same fashion sense as a disney villain strikes us as odd.

http://hype.my/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/maleficent1.jpg

can bio maleficent turn into a dragon too? am gonna admit that the maleficent dragon transformation were pretty darn kewl when we first saw it. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i. Okay, I'll go with that since my memory of it isn't strong.

ii. Sure it is; your basic point - as I understand it - is that the game tells you up front the Darkspawn corrupt all they touch but that the game's don't bear that out. You're arguing, again as I understand it, that the game is changing its premise. I'm arguing that the game is showing us that the Chantry isn't right.

iii. That's fine, I still don't see why it couldn't be a year, but to be honest I can't say it bothers me one way or the other when I'm playing the games.

iv. Sure. And what the Chantry believe most of the human population believe. It doesn't make it true, but its difficult to fight against that belief.

v. I didn't say it wouldn't. But even the Church would research the new relic just like the Catholic church researches supernatural phenomena to give a basis for Sainthood.

vi. Well obviously we'll have the disagree; if the book establishes it did, somehow it did.

vii. And what I'm saying is that what you see as "inconsistancies" are actually places where Bioware are telling us that what the Chantry says, what the Grey Warden's say may not be the truth.

viii. Right. But you still need to get the Grey Warden to the Archdemon and you need the one Grey Warden to strike the final blow, so him dying before you get to that point would be bad. Like swooping.

x. In Mage Origin, Duncan is with the player from begining to end of the origin. Redcliffe is south from the Tower and only in one day journey. Redcliffe to Ostagar may take 2 or 3 days. In anyway, it is impossible for Jowan to become a tutor for the Arl son, teaching him some magic, and then poison the Arl. Ser Donall said the Arl was sick long before Cailan died, and the Knight was in search for the Urn of Sacred Ashes already. Ser Henric a Templar died outside Lothering giving news of Bro Genetivy whereabout in Denerim, meaning the Knights don't know his whereabout., but Isolde said she who fund Bro Genetivy research.  There are also Knights in Haven dead, when they arrived there and dead? And how they know Haven?

Right. I'd always assumed that much of this took place in the time that the Warden was unconscious following the Tower of Ishal where the Warden was "almost killed" followed by the time it takes to get out of the Wilds without getting caught by Darkspawn.

I can't remember if Morrigan or Flemeth say specifically how long the Warden was out after being saved (is it just one day? Two?) but I do recall they say it may be difficult to get out of the Kokari woods after leaving Flemeth's protection and not be sensed by the Darkspawn.

Since the remnants of the army have already passed by Lothering, I've always assumed it takes a bit of time to get out of the wilds. Lothering is already inundated with refugees fleeing the blight, as well.

Since this is an assumption on my part, I have no clue if the game supports it.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

as has no doubt become apparent to many, Gromnir will tenaciously argue most any issue. we saw qistina trying to peddle the All Games Belong to Kotor bit to a new group o' marks and we chose to abstain. can making sweeping generalizations and absurd comparisons to be finding similarities 'tween any  Light v. Dark  story. for example, episode iv of star wars had a dragon: the death star. 

give qistina a link to joseph campbell and call it a day. 

as for hot chicks in dragon age: inquisition, we ain't paid much attention. cassandra (am hoping she ain't prophetic) reminds us a bit o' maggie o'connel (jannine turner) from old northern exposure tv series. 

http://mixnmojo.com/galleries/full/full20110830194919.jpg

we got no interest in bio romances, but am admitting that we thought maggie o'connel were quite fetching.  

on the other hand, giving the mage companion the same fashion sense as a disney villain strikes us as odd.

http://hype.my/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/maleficent1.jpg

can bio maleficent turn into a dragon too? am gonna admit that the maleficent dragon transformation were pretty darn kewl when we first saw it. 

HA! Good Fun!

That's the thing though. None of them in DA:I look anything special. It's like they are deliberately toned down in terms of feminine features, or they were too incompetent, or simply not interested.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Right. I'd always assumed that much of this took place in the time that the Warden was unconscious following the Tower of Ishal where the Warden was "almost killed" followed by the time it takes to get out of the Wilds without getting caught by Darkspawn.

I can't remember if Morrigan or Flemeth say specifically how long the Warden was out after being saved (is it just one day? Two?) but I do recall they say it may be difficult to get out of the Kokari woods after leaving Flemeth's protection and not be sensed by the Darkspawn.

Since the remnants of the army have already passed by Lothering, I've always assumed it takes a bit of time to get out of the wilds. Lothering is already inundated with refugees fleeing the blight, as well.

Since this is an assumption on my part, I have no clue if the game supports it.

Sure we don't know how long the Warden is at Flemeth hut, but look at this

i. as soon as The Warden leave the hut, Loghain and his army is at Denerim, Civil War happen

ii. Ser Donall at Lothering said the Arl fell sick long before Cailan dead, before Battle of Ostagar

iii. we can assume that it is the reason why Arl Eamon cannot send his troop, he fell sick before Battle of Ostagar

iv. Jowan can't be at Redcliffe the same day Duncan and the Warden at Redcliffe, because Duncan who bring the news to Cailan

v. The journey from the Tower to Redcliffe only take one day, so Jowan can't be poisoning the Arl the same day Duncan and the Warden is there

vi. Jowan was captured by Loghain men, meeting with Loghain, then to Redcliffe, then become a tutor, then poisoning the Arl, then the boy become abomination, all these can't be in 1 day

vii. The Arl cannot sent his troop because of the Knights is in the quest to search for the Urn, this is before Battle of Ostagar. You can confirm this with Teagan and Redcliffe Knight

viii. Teagan cannot ask for help because of Civil War, meaning Redcliffe under undead attack while Civil War happen.

ix. So how long Jowan being in the dungeon? How all the events take place and when?

Truly, i believe Mage Origin is the last Origin they write, or else it will not be like this. The first and the base story they wrote is Human Noble, then Dwarf, then Elf. Mage Origin is the last that is why there's a lot of loop holes.

Another example, in Lothering we can hear about the Right of Anulment being called, the Tower is in disarray, we hear this from Ser Bryant, but

i. At the Tower, Gregoir said he just send the request of the Right of Anulment few moment ago

ii. The Templar just lock up the main door to trap everyone in

iii. how come ser Bryant already know the Right of Anulment being called?

Let see, if you go to Redcliffe first

i. how long Cullen, Wynne and everyone trapped in the tower?

ii. how long before the Chantry get Gregoir message and how come Ser Bryant know first?

iii. there's a Templar outside the windmill, how come he be there while the Tower is in disarray?

If you go to the Tower first

i. how long Redcliffe being under attack?

ii. If you are a Mage, Gregoir will mention Jowan escpe, Jowan is in Redcliffe

iii.  how come the Tower don't know about Redcliffe while it's only one day journey? Surely they could suspect the escape Mage is there

So Iron Bull is gonna act like a dudebro and spout witty-oneliners as he chops off heads? Can't I say I cared for Prinze Jr's James Vega in ME3 at all to get excited about this character.

• Like 2

I actually found Vega in ME3 to be a pretty good character, and though he hasn't gotten the same fandom as Tali and Garrus he turned out to be fairly well-liked or at least tolerable as compared to Kaidan and Ashley (who personally I didn't mind) or Jacob and Miranda (not so much) by the playerbase. 

I can't quite attach Prinze's voice to that character in my head and a lot of the promotional material on the playable PCs don't inspire a lot of confidence, but hell, I only know what I know now, so I can only hope I'll be pleasantly surprised just like I was with Vega.

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Vega's big problems are that he wasn't in the earlier games so didn't get any following there and is used largely as an intro/ info dump for new players as he doesn't know the rest of the team/ wasn't part of the action of the past games. As a consequence he was just kind of there, not good, not bad, slightly cliche but not offensively so. His voice acting was decent enough though.

• Like 1

So, he's gonna be another generic fighty character, and I'm expected to find him a pinnacle of originality? I guess I'll pass.

Also, guy clearly doesn't know what ronin generally are about.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Also, guy clearly doesn't know what ronin generally are about.

agreed, but while am admitting that Gromnir has never been a freddie prinze jr. fan, he appears to be a genuine game fan. yeah, that shouldn't mean anything, and perhaps his acting has gotten better and it is all just an act, but his enthusiasm struck us as real. he were having fun. he don't know ronin and in spite of the fact he has more grey hair than Gromnir, he comes across as kinda a 40ish year old kid. even so, and for complete irrational reasons, we like freddie prinze jr. vo more now than before we saw the interview.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So, he's gonna be another generic fighty character, and I'm expected to find him a pinnacle of originality? I guess I'll pass.

Wait, people are still expecting originality from BioWare? Oh, you poor things  :lol:

That's like going to a Transformers film expecting more than flashy special effects and eye candy. I don't think BioWare's characters are meant to be deep or complex or original or anything of the sort. They're just supposed to be endearing, in a rather simplistic way. You either set your expectations low and try to enjoy it for what it is, or just drop the whole thing and go looking for something else. Both are equally valid approaches.

• Like 2

"Weird-Assed"

"Crap"

They use that type of language in Thedas now? Who writes this stuff??

Didn't realize they have modern plumbing systems as popularized by Thomas Crapper.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Wait, people are still expecting originality from BioWare? Oh, you poor things  :lol:

It was more like "how the hell can this guy be so enthusiastic about such a boring character?".

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

It was more like "how the hell can this guy be so enthusiastic about such a boring character?".

I guess anything is a step up from James Vega...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Weird-Assed"

"Crap"

They use that type of language in Thedas now? Who writes this stuff??

Didn't realize they have modern plumbing systems as popularized by Thomas Crapper.

I noticed that, too.  I'm trying to remember if the previous Dragon Age games used seemingly "anachronistic" language like that? (Obviously, it's a fantasy universe so nothing is literally anachronistic.)  I definitely remember that in Dragon Age 2 Isabela definitely made some references that seemed out of place ("Handcuffs, whipped cream") given the setting. And Alistair's dialogue always had a certain snarkiness in tone that came across as a bit modern, although that still strikes me as much more believable than a Qunari saying "weird-ass" anything.  It's possible that Bioware has just thrown up their hands and decided that all bets are off at this point and whatever dialogue sounds the most "cool" is in, coherency be damned.

Freddie seems nice enough. 

Edited by lobotomy42
  • Like 1