Dragon Age: Inquisition

Flemeth is also a dragon and theoretically her personal plan is what sets the stories in motion for all three games.

First by ensuring the darkspawns defeat by saving the Grey Wardens, then by helping Hawke and co reach Kirkwall, and finally by a batman gambit of having Morrigon give birth to an Old God.

Right now the trilogy could be the downfall of the Chantry and the Church of Andraste.  There's a dragon that guarded the ashes of Andraste, and Flemeth as two major forces within the story of the church... the one at the Bone Pit is just ridiculous.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Let say i make a novel, titled "Tiger Age", surely i will direct the story toward tigers, why it is called "Tiger Age", there's a lot of tigers and tigers are significant in the story or else i will not give the title "TIGER AGE"

Or the story could be about a legend in which the god-tiger of the realm was supposed to return and the calculations (ala the Mayan Doomsday) say the god-tiger is to return during the next 100 years and your story is set in a world anticipating the return of its deity and the period of prophecy is considered the "Tiger Age".

You could even have the god-tiger never show up and the name would still be valid since it refers to the prophecies time and not the actual god-tiger.

Logically, your argument rings hollow. How much Jade was in JADE EMPIRE? How much Baldur's Gate was in BALDUR'S GATE 2 (not set in or around Baldur's Gate)?

Heck, you could argue, under your logic, that RETURN OF THE JEDI is a terrible title because Luke was already a Jedi, the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is a terrible title because the Empire doesn't actually punch anyone and that A NEW HOPE is a terrible title because they never introduce a New Bob Hope.

• Like 6

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Let say i make a novel, titled "Tiger Age", surely i will direct the story toward tigers, why it is called "Tiger Age", there's a lot of tigers and tigers are significant in the story or else i will not give the title "TIGER AGE"

The game started with your origin whatever it is, then battle of Ostagar, you don't see any dragon, you only hear about Archdemon from few characters, you know Archdemon is a dragon from Alistair if you talk to him. And that's it. That is the only reference about a dragon in Dragon Age game.

As you progress in the game, you got dreams or vission of a dragon the Archdemon, the thing just "huuaaarghh huuuarrgghh!!!", but the whole thing you do is nothing related to the dragon. Then you stumble upon a dragon in a temple ruin, you kill it or leave it alone, does it give any significant? If you kill it you get loots, if leave it you get nothing.

Then reaching the end, there's cutscenes about dragon flying around, a guy backstab the dragon and fall...and at last you kill the dragon heroicly...the end.

So what the story is about? Ok you can say the story is a bout a guy/girl become a Grey Warden, unite the land to against the Blight and kill the Archdemon. But does that a conclusion of the story? What is the damn Archdemon, a dragon or what? No answer. Where the darkspawn come from? No answer. Does Mages really to blame creating the Blight? No answer. There are too many questions that have no answer even in Dragon Age 2.

The game didn't give you anything about Grey Warden either and it's not about Grey Warden. You playing a character who assume a Grey Warden role. Alistair the one who supposed to be your guide about being Grey Warden don't know about Grey Warden because he's only being recruited for 6 month. Riordan the senior Grey Warden you only meet at the end game and then he died. So what the player is playing actually? It is like someone who just recruited to become a cop, then something happen all cops dead, so he/she just assume how a cop should behave....just kill anything moving

in Dragon Age 2 you play as a nobody who suddenly become a noble, then get into some mess between Mages and Templar, then continue to get involved in. The game didn't answer or even give hint about previous game, but give you a new game with a weak character to play. Hawke have no authority over anything but yet he/she can meddle with everyone business like a boss even before become a noble. Even as a noble, what give him/her a right to get involve in everything? Hawke have no right at all. The game didn't give any hint on why Hawke can be a big boss in the city and no one give a damn about it.

I can say that Bioware never decide about this game, that is why we can see inconsistencies, lazy work, loop holes and many things. They just pile up everything for DA:O then they begin to decide in DA2.  But DA2 is a failure.

Sten was a mysterious character with weird philosophy of life, he's a giant and dark skined. All we know he's a Qunari. Suddenly in DA2 Qunari are nothing like Sten in appearance, they have horn, reddish, fanatical "Militant Islamic Borg" (David Gaider who said this) who run amok in a city just because they lost their holy book....now what is that? Ok, they say Qunari are technologically advanced bla bla bla, but they cannot print and making thousand copies of one holy book??? Then they want to relate the red devil horned barbaric Qunari with Ottoman Turk...

It's a turn down for me....

That's an impressive analysis  of the DA series for someone who doesn't like it, I shudder to think how much you know about games that you actually like. You are clearly a masochist to put yourself through so much intentional anguish ;)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Almost every Bioware franchise has a game with the word 'shadow' or  'shadows' in it at some point, yet they never really feature strongly and when they do are poorly rendered.

Why, Bio? WHYYY?

• Like 5

sonsofgygax.JPG

Flemeth is also a dragon and theoretically her personal plan is what sets the stories in motion for all three games.

First by ensuring the darkspawns defeat by saving the Grey Wardens, then by helping Hawke and co reach Kirkwall, and finally by a batman gambit of having Morrigon give birth to an Old God.

Right now the trilogy could be the downfall of the Chantry and the Church of Andraste.  There's a dragon that guarded the ashes of Andraste, and Flemeth as two major forces within the story of the church... the one at the Bone Pit is just ridiculous.

Well considering that DA is a complete rip off...erm I mean "heavily inspired" by GoT I wouldn't be surprised it turns out that the whole thing is just a conflict between Dragons.

I actually stopped watching/reading GoT have they revealed that the Lord of Light and The Great Other are ancient dragons?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Lets look again at the title "Dragon Age : Origin", by look at the title what do we expect? What i expect when looking at the cover are

i. this game must be about dragons

ii. this game is an intro of a bigger conflict regarding dragons because of the "origin"

iii. this game is about the origin of dragons in the age of dragon

But the game is nothing like what i expected

Look at TES: Skyrim, i play Oblivion so i know a bit this and that about The Elder Scroll world. So in TES:Skyrim, just by looking at the cover i know it is about Skyrim...what Skyrim is about? Look at the dragon symbol, so it must be about DRAGON. So yes, it's true, it's about the return of a Dragonborn and the dragons in Skyrim

In Dragon Age you started as anyone of any origin, then join a warrior order, then your master dead, you don't know anything about the order, you only assume your role. Then roaming over Ferelden solving everyone problem, then kill the big boss, the war end. The main threat is not the focus at all. You didn't investigate the threat, the nature of the threat, what the threat is about yadda yadda yadda...you just roam the land to unite everyone to against the threat, but the game is NOT about the threat at all...

You go to Circle Tower to solve their problem. You go to redcliffe, to solve their problem. You go to Orzamar, to solve their political problem. You go to brecilian Forest to solve their werewolf problem....what about the threat? What about the Blight? What about Archdemon? Don't care, we will kill Archdemon in the end because the plot say so.

How to kill Archdemon? No one tell you. Riordan who appear at the end game only tell you that "only Grey Warden can kill Archdemon", why? because the tainted blood will trap Archdemon soul and you dead. By means that is the only reason why you become Grey Warden, that is to be sacrificed in the end. So anyone actually can drink the tainted blood and deliver the killing blow.....no need for a military order of "Grey Warden". As we can see the character and Alistair are the only Grey Warden in the land now, everyone else are not, the whole army you gather are not, they didn't tainted by Darkspawn....

So what the story is about? Dragons? Grey Wardens? Darkspawn? Thedas politic? In DA2, the story is about Mage vs Templar conflict......and DA:I is assumed about Illuminati save the day....

Lets look again at the title "Dragon Age : Origin", by look at the title what do we expect? What i expect when looking at the cover are

ii. this game is an intro of a bigger conflict regarding dragons because of the "origin"

I look at the cover of Dragon Age: Origins and think -

There's probably a dragon, a sorceress, a knight dude in it. And its probably a time where dragons are important to the setting, because its a "Dragon Age". And that's about it. YMMV, of course.

Although I have yet to see how you can see the title "Dragon Age: Origins" and think that its a reference to the origins of dragons as opposed to the origins of the Dragon Age (which it also isn't, since the Origins is a reference to being able to play the "Warden Origin" of your Player Character).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's like X Men : Origin, see? So Dragon Age : Origin implying it is the origin of Dragon Age, by means origin of dragons....

You mean X-Men Origins: Wolverine where the title specifically tells you which X-Man its the Origin of (and very loosely based on a comic book called Wolverine: Origins)?

Not really a good example.  To make the analogy correct, the title of the first game would have been Dragon Age Origins: Dragons.

Whatever, anyway Dragon Age premise is inconsistent, that is a bad for a long run. Some of inconsistncies

i. Alistair said templar don't really need Lyrium to develop their skill, proven when the Warden learn the skill. In DA2, no one can be a Templar without lyrium, but Hawke can be a Templar by no visible means

ii. Darkspawn taint everything, destroy everything their touch or by their presence. only Grey Warden immune to the taint, becuase they are tainted already. But no one in the party got tainted fighting Darkspawn, no one in the army visibly got tainted, by means nobody got tainted. In DA2, only Hawke sibling and Aveline husband got tainted by Darkspawn, out of sudden, because the plot say so.

iii. The Blight ended in 1 year according to DA2, so the warden gathering army, preparing an army, roaming around Ferelden, civil wars, having romance, ruling Ferelden as a queen, gone missing....is only in 1 year.....

iv. Let assume the Warden is a Mage, everybody in the world know a Mage who save the world from utter destruction....but only Ferelden refugess are mage friendly, Kirkwalers people hate Mage to the bone....

v. Let say, The Warden save/destroy the most important ruin, the tomb of an old prophet of Andraste religion....nothing happen in the world for 7 years...it's insignificant in the world ruled by the Church...

vi. Kirkwal is just a town/city, but eventually the conflict between Templar and Mages effect the WHOLE WORLD....how many are Mages and Templars exactly?

vii. Grey Warden is needed to battle the Darkspawn, but being a Grey Warden is not a charity, but no one can kill an Archdemon other than Grey Warden, but you must be exceptional person to become Grey Warden, but but but...set up your priority man!

viii. The Joining of becoming Grey Warden need Archdemon blood, but since only Grey Warden can kill the Archdemon, how the first Grey Warden come into being?

ix. Blood magic can only be learned by commune with demon, but Jowan and Uldred learn blood magic from books in the library, in the Circle Tower which guarded by Templars and Chantry rule...

x. Lithany of Andralla can prevent blood magic dominion...they locked it up in the store in the Circle Tower of Ferelden....and no one ever learn about it...no one ever know about it...after defeating Uldred using it, no one ever study further to use it against similar threat in the future.....

Well considering that DA is a complete rip off...erm I mean "heavily inspired" by GoT I wouldn't be surprised it turns out that the whole thing is just a conflict between Dragons.

While Dragon Age lore is highly derivative (though honestly, what RPG isn't at this stage?) it isn't especially derivative of ASoIaF- which is itself derivative and based on various historical incidences, minus the supernatural stuff. There's a lot of Tolkien and other borrowing going on as well, so stuff like genlocks/ hurlocks being generated from different races is exactly the same as Melkor generating Trolls and Orcs from Ents and Elves. Sames true for TWitchers, lots of real world and standard fantasy tropes there, and TWitchers are thematically a whole lot more similar to ASoIaF/ GoT than Dragon Age is, if only for the decidedly non PG13 approach taken. Then again, I do tend to roll my eyes slightly  at the fleurs-de-lys or Polish Crests in Twitchers, while most people simply wouldn't recognise their historical context. Oh, and zee uxcent fransays on the person from Beauclair, maker of fine wines...

Edited by Zoraptor

"Almost every Bioware franchise has a game with the word 'shadow' or  'shadows' in it at some point"

Uh. There were lots of shadows in SOA. even a SHADOW dragon! Let's not forget the SHADOW thieves! You could even hide in SHADOWS anytime you wanted!

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

While Dragon Age lore is highly derivative (though honestly, what RPG isn't at this stage?) it isn't especially derivative of ASoIaF- which is itself derivative and based on various historical incidences, minus the supernatural stuff. There's a lot of Tolkien and other borrowing going on as well, so stuff like genlocks/ hurlocks being generated from different races is exactly the same as Melkor generating Trolls and Orcs from Ents and Elves. Sames true for TWitchers, lots of real world and standard fantasy tropes there, and TWitchers are thematically a whole lot more similar to ASoIaF/ GoT than Dragon Age is, if only for the decidedly non PG13 approach taken. Then again, I do tend to roll my eyes slightly  at the fleurs-de-lys or Polish Crests in Twitchers, while most people simply wouldn't recognise their historical context. Oh, and zee uxcent fransays on the person from Beauclair, maker of fine wines...

I think the only instance I kind think of where the classic fantasy races are used in a work that isn't derivative of from Tolkien is the ShadowRun universe, which itself was inspired by the writings of William Gibson, even borrowing a lot of the terminology. I just wanted to say that.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Look at TES: Skyrim, i play Oblivion so i know a bit this and that about The Elder Scroll world. So in TES:Skyrim, just by looking at the cover i know it is about Skyrim...what Skyrim is about? Look at the dragon symbol, so it must be about DRAGON. So yes, it's true, it's about the return of a Dragonborn and the dragons in Skyrim

TL;DR

So what the story is about? Dragons? Grey Wardens? Darkspawn? Thedas politic? In DA2, the story is about Mage vs Templar conflict......and DA:I is assumed about Illuminati save the day....

Remember the part where the archdemon was a dragon? Oh yeah, remember how the dragon you saw on Skyrim is the Imperial heraldry/TES logo and not indicative of the game's content?

I was going to ask what fallacious logic led to this conclusion but then I remembered you said you "debated this to death" on BSN, which explains pretty much everything. Pillars of Eternity is a game about souls, why aren't you angrily complaining that it's false advertising?

Edited by AGX-17

TL;DR

Remember the part where the archdemon was a dragon? Oh yeah, remember how the dragon you saw on Skyrim is the Imperial heraldry/TES logo and not indicative of the game's content?

I was going to ask what fallacious logic led to this conclusion but then I remembered you said you "debated this to death" on BSN, which explains pretty much everything. Pillars of Eternity is a game about souls, why aren't you angrily complaining that it's false advertising?

Archdemon is not a dragon per se, so it discounted, the game is NOT about the Archdemon anyway. Do you study aboput Archdemon nature, weaknesses, habitat, movement ect ect? No? You kill him in the end like killing any other monsters, no need for special knowledge to kill him, no need for special strategy whatsoever. Because Archdemon is just a monster designed as final boss you don't have to worry about for the entire game

As i remember Oblivion logo is the Oblivion gate....even if the dragon logo is the Imperial logo, Imperial emperors was Dragonborns until Martin Septim dead, so it is not shocking they use the dragon symbol. In any how the cover tell you it is about Dragonborn and Dragon in Skyrim, the story is clear, the plot is clear

In Skyrim, you are the last Dragonborn, you learn your nature, you learn the nature of the dragons, you learn the background of your new home now, you learn what the problem is about then solve it

In Dragon Age, you don't know who you are and what your role, you only assume your role, get into someone else business, you don't know the nature of the threat, and suddenly become a hero...

Edited by Qistina
  • Like 1

I'll play your troll.

"Archdemon is not a dragon per se, so it discounted, the game is NOT about the Archdemon anyway. Do you study aboput Archdemon nature, weaknesses, habitat, movement ect ect? No?"

Yes, it is a dragon.

And, yes, the game is about the archdemon. What happens when you kill the archdemon? The game ends.  The focus in the game is on two things - the PC (duh!) and the archdemon. And, yes, you do research on him.

"no need for special knowledge to kill him,"

Yes, there is.

"no need for special strategy whatsoever."

Yes, there is.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'll play your troll.

"Archdemon is not a dragon per se, so it discounted, the game is NOT about the Archdemon anyway. Do you study aboput Archdemon nature, weaknesses, habitat, movement ect ect? No?"

Yes, it is a dragon.

And, yes, the game is about the archdemon. What happens when you kill the archdemon? The game ends.  The focus in the game is on two things - the PC (duh!) and the archdemon. And, yes, you do research on him.

"no need for special knowledge to kill him,"

Yes, there is.

"no need for special strategy whatsoever."

Yes, there is.

Volo can you give some examples instead of "Yes there is"

I'm not saying you are wrong I just think clarity is important  because I don't remember anything specific I had to do to kill the Archdemon except for standard combat and running around

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The game is not about Archdemon, you need to kill the Archdemon to end the Blight and ending the game, but the whole game is not about the Archdemon at all. The whole game is about you roaming Ferelden solving everyone problem and making romances.

I don't say Dragon Age is a total bad game, i enjoy it as much as everyone, but it doesn't mean it is a good game. I can say KotOR 2 is the best game i have played ever. If KotOr 2 is not rushed, it will burry all other games in the past and present.

Like i mentioned before...there must be a key on making RPG story, not just stories being piled up and you play. lets look at KotOR 2...you are the Exile Jedi, you learned about your nature, your past, the threat you must handle, the nature of the threat, finding answers, you learned about being you in the world

Even Skyrim story is suck actually but still following the key of RPG story, you are the last Dragonborn, you learn about your nature, you learn about the nature of the threat you must handle, you learn about your enemy and so on...you learn about who you are in the world

Dragon Age don't have the strong basis story, DA:O is about whatever it is about, DA2 is about Hawke the nobody in the middle of Mage-Templar conflict, DA:I is about secret society who suddenly appear and meddling with everyone business

In DA:O - you are of any origin, new recruit of Grey Warden who assume the role of being Grey Warden, above the law

In DA2 - you are Hawke, somehow you become big boss in the city and no one can question you of what you are doing, above the law

In Da:I - you are a member of surviving Illuminati who suddenly become big boss, above the law

In DA:O it is still fine because you are a Grey Warden during the Blight, you can do everything you want because of that, "I am a Grey warden, i can do everything i want!", but don't forget that you know NOTHING about being Grey Warden, you and Alistair lost contact with the rest of the Grey Wardens...so what role are you playing actually?

In DA2, you are Hawke, a nobody, you can do everything you want because you are Hawke...this is the WEAKEST character to role play with. What authrority Hawke have? He/she an imigrant, freely roaming around the city doing things, killing peoples, and no one give a damn about. Worse if Hawke is a Mage in the city full of Templar walking around. Hawke is a criminal....And so Hawke become a Champion...does that make Hawke have a super authority on top of everyone? The premise of this story is weak

Dragon Age is ruined already

Whatever, anyway Dragon Age premise is inconsistent, that is a bad for a long run. Some of inconsistncies

And that's fine; saying Dragon Age is inconsistent isn't the same as "Dragon Age is bad because I expected it to be about Dragons and it didn't have enough Dragons in it for me."

With respect to your points (and given that the system won't allow me to quote all of it):

i. Templars and Lyrium

The 1st game shows that Templar's require lyrium dependency but Alistair points out they don't really need Lyrium to be a Templar and in fact he never used it and teaches the warden to be a Templar.

The 2nd game shows that Templar's require lyrium dependency but the champion becomes a Templar without using Lyrium or being Lyrium dependent.

I'm not really seeing the inconsistency; clearly Alistair is right and lyrium isn't required to be a Templar, just that the vast majority of them are using it.

(I'll give you the training issue - same problem with the Arcane Warrior class that there's no in-game explanation as to why those skills are learned. That said, I chalk that up to being a game rather than a book).

ii. Darkspawn and the tainting of normals

From my understanding, the Darkspawn can't taint by touch alone. The indications early on when discussing the wardens, and dog, the taint seems to come from intermingling of blood (which connects to the idea of the brood mothers being created by being forcefed tainted meat).

In fact Avaeline's husband clearly takes a blow from a darkspawn that I always took was when he was tainted (perhaps that darkspawn blade was covered by darkspawn blood?).

Taking that view, the biggest question I've always had is how/when did Hawke's sibling get tainted - there was no obvious point of infection seen (but perhaps the artifacts being dealt with were of such power it wasn't necessary?)  Without understanding the darkspawn better, the answers are hard to see.

iii. DA2 saying that DA:O happened in one year

I don't see the timeline inconsistency you're seeing.

iv. Warden as Mage and fear of Mages post blight

The worry about mages was never that they were inherently evil, but that they were liable to be possessed by fade demons. So the Warden, as a mage, could - as far as the layman is concerned - still wake up being a demon tomorrow and kill everyone. Probably an even more powerful demon than a normal mage because they could kill an archdemon. So still scary.

v. Andraste's Tomb

My memory is that it takes that long for the Chantry to research and admit that it is the final resting place of Andraste in the save scenario. Been too long since I tried the destroyed.

vi. Kirkwall's influence on the world

Not sure where you got that but perhaps I don't recall it all correctly; clearly there are other mage uprisings already going on (the destruction of the mages tower in the other city, where you can help/turn in the refugees using blood magic) and the Kirkwall situation is only a part of that (but notable because Kirkwall is an important trade/port city). The implication I get of the end is that the incident in Kirkwall snowballed the already existing rebellion movements.

vii. Grey Wardens needed to battle Darkspawn...something...something...

Really no clue what you mean here.

viii. The Joining

Anyone can kill the Archdemon, but it jumps into the nearest darkspawn available and "reforms". The Grey Warden secret is that when a Grey Warden kills the Archdemon, its forced to jump into the Warden killing them both.

So obviously, the first Grey Warden got Archdemon blood from a failed attempt by normal people to kill the 1st Archdemon wherein the archdemon took over another darkspawn and kept on truckin'.

ix. How did the Tower get infested by Blood Mages?

The books probably showed them how to contact demons in the Fade and make deals with them, one would assume.

Now the natural follow-up question here is "why did the Circle keep books on how to contact and make deals with demons" and I'd argue, since they knew the ritual to break the possession of the one guy's son, that they'd learned how to deal with demons and their contracts by studying demons and their contracts, hence the books.

x. Litany of Andralla 

How do you know no one knows about it (obviously people at the Circle in Ferelden know about it, or else that one guy wouldn't have died trying to get it to the top of the tower) and how do you know no one studied it after the battle? How could you possibly come to that conclusion after the game?

i. Templar don't need lyrium - This means normal people actually can be trained to repel magic

Templar need lyrium - Because lyrium is "magic in it's raw form", no normal people can cast magic unless drinking this stuff

So Templar need or don't need lyrium to fight against magic?

ii. Darkspawn taint everything they touch, look at Dragon Age intro, but not proven in game play and story whatsoever

iii. Since everything is only in one year, how come Anders be in Kirkwal? How long he being in Kirkwal? How long Cullen being in Kirkwal? Suddenly everyone who was recorvered in the Blight being in Kirkwal...

iv. So everyone just forgot that a Mage who save everyone life by defeating the Blight. It have no effect on sentiment toward Mages around the world. The world don't change

v. To the world who ruled by the Church, the discovery or destruction of their prophet tomb don't give any difference. In our secular world today, if someone found anything related to Jesus every Christians could go crazy, if anyone want to destroy a mosque, every Muslims go nut....but in Dragon Age it's only show someone sell fake Andraste Ash or not, that's all that makes a different

vi. I relate with 9/11, what happen in USA does it making the whole world going to war? Does it make all Muslims fighting USA? No? It is because New York is just a city in USA. And we have internet and TV. In Dragon Age there's no interet or TV that may spark some sentiment and propagandas. So what happen in Krikwal is just an alienated case. Some may heard about it but just that. It will not spark Mage rebelion throughout the world, or every Templar in the world going crazy.  How many are Mages and Templars exactly to spark a world wide war?

vii. What i mean is, Darkspawn still a threat even after the Blight, but Grey Warden are still picky. Not all who going through the Joining will survive, they are short of recruits, and they have problems. just recruit anyone who can and drive out Darkspawn already.

viii. That is my point, everyone can drink the tainted blood and if survive, then deliver the final blow on Archdemon. No need an army of Grey Warden. Only need ONE, the one who deliver the final blow on Archdemon.

ix. The Chantry is so strict about Blood Magic, they ban Blood Magic, they hate Blood Magic, but there are Blood Magic books in the Circle where every Mages can read, and that lead to Jowan and Uldred rebellion....

x. Lithany of Andralla is just a quest item. No one know about it other than Nial, Owen and Wynne. If you are a mage, you don't know about it either. The Templar run away and lock everyone up because they cannot handle Blood Mages who appear in the Circle (in which they all read Blood Magic books from the library). So for a very looooong time the Chantry is bicthing about Blood Magic, they don't even care about teaching everyone Lithanny of Andralla???

Edited by Qistina

I.

That's what Alister seems to imply, and the game supports yes. They lyrium addiction seems to be a part of how the chantry controls the templars (although its supposed to "enhance" their ability)

II.

I don't recall the intro being a definitive source on the matter, but I agree the gameplay and the story of DAO and DA2 supports the Darkspawn can't taint everyone simply by touching them. 

III.

I still don't see the issue; clearly the timeline for DAO has to include Awakenings to some degree.

IV.

Why would it? Just because a Mage defeated the Archdemon doesn't mean the mage is incapable of being possessed by a Fade Spirit and killing everyone. Which is the worry with mages.

V.

I'm not sure I agree with your analogy. Muhammed's tomb is well known so its hard to make an analogy there, and while Jesus' tomb isn't known for certain Christian text says Jesus isn't there so its not terribly important to Christians.

However we know objects (like the Shroud of Turin) that claim a connection to divinity are often sources of controversy and doubt over their legitimacy. For all we know the Chantry got a couple of claims a year that Andraste's tomb had been found (and even then, there are questions led by the other party members over whether its really her tomb or not).

VI.

I still think the rebellions were being planned; we know that there was an uprising at the Circle in Fereldin, the city near Kirkwall, Kirkwall, later other places. I don't think Kirkwall caused later rebellions as much as it was part of a growing sentiment against chantry rule of mages.

VII.

Well they're not going to be seen very positively if they round up everyone's sons and daughters, kill 66% of them in the joining.

But I also agree that I don't 100% trust the Gray Warden's convictions. We know that the home of the Gray Wardens is more or less controlled by the Gray Wardens. Without darkspawn to fight, who'd want to be a Gray Warden and how would they keep their powerbase? I would not be surprised at all to find out that the Gray Wardens want to stop blights, yes, but aren't terribly interested in ending the darkspawn threat entirely.

VIII.

Yeah, but how do you get the guy there through an army of darkspawn that could potentially taint and take over the army of normals?

IX.

I'd still argue that its probably there so they can understand how to save people enslaved like that kid was.

X.

Actually I thought the ArchMage recognized it as well. Since the Litanny was read from the book (and had to be re-read constantly in the fight) perhaps its contents can't be taught? Don't know. Didn't bother me but I see your point.