Wasteland 2 Kickstarted

Wishing I hadn't seen CoM_Solaufein's post. :(

I'm pretty much wrapping up with the Hollywood/Loz Feliz section of the game. Hollywood is by far the coolest part of the game yet, in terms of how inXile chose to imagine what a post apocalyptic version of that city might look like. It's also by far the buggiest part of the game yet. I managed to get up to this point without a single notable bug, but this area clearly needs more work from inXile.

My understanding is that it was even more buggy prior to the 09/26 patch. Hopefully next week's expected patch will have a lot of love for this part of the game, as it's a true shame to have such bugginess present in such a great game, and worse in one of the game's most memorable areas.

I went ahead and started referencing this guide to help me out with the general order of things. I share here in case it helps others: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9638

I'm already starting to plan my next party, which will be geared for Supreme Jerk difficulty.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I will never go out of my way to include an animal NPC in a game since Dogmeat.  In fact, I avoid them.  Having people shoot my dog sent me into a mind-bending fit of nerd rage.  ...And, while I don't go crazy on save/reloading, I got into a 'save Dogmeat at any price' mentality that became excruciating during Fallout.

In my current restart (I think 5th time), I decided to save Highpool and I braved all manner of radiation to do it.  Alas, the same result, no matter how fast I did it.  Now, I'm finishing up the Ag Center.  Already took care of those bastard Wreckers.  Bunch of Blue Meanies, if you ask me.

EDIT:  I have to admit I got a huge kick out of the Magnum PI riff, Hiro.

Edited by Cantousent
  • Like 3

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I have to admit I got a huge kick out of the Magnum PI riff, Hiro.

It's been a blast. And the two dogs always follow Higgins around everywhere. If I decide a battle is going to be too intense, I can keep Higgins quite a distance away from the battle and the two dogs will stay with him. He's not essential in a battle and I usually use him as the medic. But he's not too bad with handguns.

At the moment, my party is as follows:

Magnum: Assault Rifles, Heavy Weapons, Lock Picking (getting into the wine cellar), Safe Cracking (Higgins safe), Smart Ass (he was a bit of a smart ass in the TV Show)

TC: Shotguns, Blunt Weapons, Demolitions, Toaster Repair, Mechanical Repair, Weaponsmithing (he was a bit of a mechanic in the show)

Rick: Assault Rifles, Kiss Ass (could be a little bit in the show), Alarm Disarming, Machine Guns, Leadership (with running the King Kamehameha Club)

Higgins: Handguns, Field Medic, Animal Whisperer, Hard Ass (To Magnum)

Rose: Handguns, Surgeon, Computer Science.

Yeah, you could say I'm a hardcore Magnum P.I. fan. o:)

I'm also looking at recruiting Takayuki and Pizepi Joren to round out my party. And then I'll go back and hit all the shrines.

How does one find shrines, anyway?  Is it just a tedious "comb the desert" thing, or should I be expecting to get hints from NPCs like I did from that first raider at the Radio Tower? 

I've started over to see what Ag-Center-first is like.  (So far:  More fun than Highpool, although more ammo-scarce.)  I went with a brawler for melee this time, which has a whole lot of undocumented features that might just make it the superior melee choice.  (I haven't seen enough of the later-game weapons to be sure.)  There are inputs on damage from character level, skill level, and Strength that you don't see with any other weapon class.  The key feature is that by the time you get 10 ranks in Brawling, your Crit Chance is 100% (even with a 1 in Luck).

Having been spoiled as to what Rose provides (i.e., 10-INT with a strong starting investment in 2 must-have skills), I figured that I can go with 3 4-INT Rangers and only 1 skillmonkey.  I put together the following group:

8 STR, 8 SPD, 4 INT:  Brawling, Safecracking, and a little bit of Toast.

High-CI rifle-lady, 4 STR, 4 INT:  ARs, Perception, 1-point dips in the Medical skills.  Will probably develop Weaponsmith here.

Leader character:  7 CHA, 4 INT.  Leadership, Lockpicking, SMGs for now, but will go Energy Weapons later.

10-INT guy:  Kiss, Smart, Demolitions, Sniper Rifles. 

Rose for CS and Surgeon, will add Field Medic later.  Not sure on which direction to go with her weaponry. 

Probably go with Chisel as my next NPC, as a pack mule who can take over Hard Ass and Brute Force duties from Angela. 

3rd NPC TBD. 

Somebody will pick up Outdoorsman duties and a few ranks in Mech Repair as we go along.  Rose and my skillmonkey should have the points for it. 

Edited by Enoch

How does one find shrines, anyway?  Is it just a tedious "comb the desert" thing, or should I be expecting to get hints from NPCs like I did from that first raider at the Radio Tower? 

NPCs will tell you their location is you make them happy.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My Terminator party won. Even though I'm sure I skipped over a lot of things.

Onto the Battlestar Galactica party.

post-1458-0-40285900-1412613364_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I couldn't think of anything original and went with FMJ.

Now if only I have time to play on weekdays... :(

Good one. Too bad Sargent Hartman didn't make it pass the first act of the movie. :(

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

So, I'm assuming

the annoying guy in Santa Fe (his name escapes me right now) that follows you around (and gets himself killed right quick) is essentially just Noober, right?  Or does he have some purpose if you manage to keep him alive?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I couldn't think of anything original and went with FMJ.

Now if only I have time to play on weekdays... :(

If a Ranger dies can you make a new one to replace said dead Ranger or do you have to replace him or her with one of the Rangers around the Citadel?  I'd make a Private Pyle and have him kill himself before he ever left the Citadel area.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If a Ranger dies can you make a new one to replace said dead Ranger or do you have to replace him or her with one of the Rangers around the Citadel?

AFAIK you can't create any custom replacements for your initial squad members. There are three "emergency" followers available on the Ranger Citadel map who you can recruit if you have less than four rangers but they have preset stats and names.

Edited by prodigydancer

A fair way into LA now. So for anyone still in early game: LA area is far more fun than early game. More open, much better designed hubs with interesting things to do. Early game in comparison is much more of a railroaded combat slog.

A fair way into LA now. So for anyone still in early game: LA area is far more fun than early game. More open, much better designed hubs with interesting things to do. Early game in comparison is much more of a railroaded combat slog.

Well, I'm enjoying early game so far but if it can get even better - why not? :)

Edited by prodigydancer

I completed the game last night. I enjoyed it immensely.

Now I'm gearing up for a run through on Supreme Jerk (up from Ranger difficulty).

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Finally made it California. Awesome friggin' game.  About 50 or so hours so far.

Not without flaws, though, but still it showed the foolish 'DOS is old skool' what a true 'old skool' game is. All the better when people get butthurt over 'too many skills', 'it's hard to make characters', 'waaaa i'm so dumb i had to remake my character ten times because i thought a characetr who couldn't fight reasonably well would totes be able to survive in a wasteland where mutant animals, raiders, and killer robots exist'. HAHAHA!

This is espicially funny when you can have 7 characters in your party. You don't need all of them to be super fighters to do well. I have four and I'm doing fine. And, that's despite not making THE PERFECT CHOICE tm for stats or skills. :p

Buckle up, dudes and dudettes, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.