What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

Will Squirrel Girl ever be in?

FOX has the rights, so unfortunately no.

I don't think so. She doesn't have any connections to the X-Books except for the odd appearance in Deadpool and being a mutant. Marvel recently filed a bunch of trademarks regarding her, which many sites say they generally only do when a character is about to be used in a major way in cartoons, movies, etc, leading to speculation she's going to be in the upcoming Jessica Jones Netflix show.

I think Marvel should just do a Great Lakes Avengers cartoon.

You may be right, I'm under the assumption that all mutants are contained in FOX's film rights. I think Disney does have cartoon rights and live-action though.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Will Squirrel Girl ever be in?

FOX has the rights, so unfortunately no.

I don't think so. She doesn't have any connections to the X-Books except for the odd appearance in Deadpool and being a mutant. Marvel recently filed a bunch of trademarks regarding her, which many sites say they generally only do when a character is about to be used in a major way in cartoons, movies, etc, leading to speculation she's going to be in the upcoming Jessica Jones Netflix show.

I think Marvel should just do a Great Lakes Avengers cartoon.

You may be right, I'm under the assumption that all mutants are contained in FOX's film rights. I think Disney does have cartoon rights and live-action though.

I believe they have the rights to all characters that appeared primarily or first appeared in the X-books, as well as exclusive use of the term mutant to describe people born with powers. Obviously this covers most mutant characters, but some like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are more complicated and can be used as long asthey aren't referred to as mutants.

I'm assuming Squirrel Girl is in the boat with the twins because pretty much every site that reported on the trademarking assumed it meant she was going to appear in the MCU, and if she was with Fox I would hope they would have done enough investigating to figure that out. Though its not like that much faith in journalism is warranted nowadays.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

By the way, Gotham is the most frustrating show ever. It's got nice design and good actors... but is tonally all over the place and it might as well be beating me in the face with a "THIS IS A BATMAN CHARACTER" for... literally every character in the show! The only reason I'm still caring at all is because the actor who plays Oswald Cobblepot cracks me up.

By the way, Gotham is the most frustrating show ever. It's got nice design and good actors... but is tonally all over the place and it might as well be beating me in the face with a "THIS IS A BATMAN CHARACTER" for... literally every character in the show! The only reason I'm still caring at all is because the actor who plays Oswald Cobblepot cracks me up.

I have the exact same feelings towards this series. Also, it's funny to see some characters that I have seen from other shows and just think to myself how out of place they seem.

I'm digging Gotham, and one of the big reasons for that: Its the only live-action incarnation of Batman to show him being a detective. Sure he's like 10, but really, 7 Batman movies and it takes a loosely affiliated prequel with a 10 year old Bruce to actually show his detective skills?

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm enjoying this years attack ads

Don't vote for so and so because they vote the same as this other person X% of the time... and we know you hate this other person

or

X is extreme by their own party standards, X is too extreme for Colorado

both are used by both parties

Free games updated 3/4/21

Just watched episode 3 of American Horror Story, it was very good. Especially the Edward Mordrake character

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm enjoying this years attack ads

Don't vote for so and so because they vote the same as this other person X% of the time... and we know you hate this other person

or

X is extreme by their own party standards, X is too extreme for Colorado

both are used by both parties

The Conservatives keep airing attack ads aimed at the leader of the Liberals up here in Canada. They have the curious effect of increasing the Liberals popular opinion. Its usually stuff like airing quotes out of context, bashing his charity work as bad judgement, or acting like his popular policies are dangerous and something only idiots would want.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Is anyone else a bit concerned that all this bollocks with extreme left and extreme right is resulting in a total lack of sensible mainstream ideas/action?

• Like 5

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is anyone else a bit concerned that all this bollocks with extreme left and extreme right is resulting in a total lack of sensible mainstream ideas/action?

Absolutely. I voted mostly 3rd party this year as I have the last few years. They won't win and I know that but I can't get behind either of the two big tent parties most of the time

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I wonder what the results would look like if people voted for who they best felt represented them rather than the closest one they thought could win.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Really? Well, I'm going to have to check that one out at least once.

Over the last month, thanks to Netflix, I have become addicted to the CW's Supernatural. the 1st season was so-so then it picked up. Has it's ups and downs but I find it highly entertaining overall, and often funny. Also, the super-hot angel dude doesn't hurt.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Really? Well, I'm going to have to check that one out at least once.

Over the last month, thanks to Netflix, I have become addicted to the CW's Supernatural. the 1st season was so-so then it picked up. Has it's ups and downs but I find it highly entertaining overall, and often funny. Also, the super-hot angel dude doesn't hurt.

OMG !!!

Where have you been????

You can't just pop back in and not explain the absence, good to have you back :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was going to leave it until next year when the whole season came out but decided to watch The Walking Dead. I'm really enjoying this season. A lot better than the previous three imo. The new place is quite intriguing and good to see one of the characters come back.

If you mean the current season, yeah, the pacing is much better than it has been. My main personal nitpick is I've never warmed up to either Abraham or Eugene, no matter how sympathetic the last couple episodes tried to make them...I wish they'd just be zombie-chow already. I wish they'd stop splitting up the group for multiple separate episodes, too. It's fine once in a while, but it seems to be becoming the regular format.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried an episode of The Knick (Cinemax). For some reason we can access it, even tho we're not subscribed. Free Max week or something? Dunno. Looks like an interesting show. Good acting/script. I may binge watch it. Not much else to do in the rain.

Don't know where to put this, really, so...

Nerdgasm alert.

B26ENdbCcAAv_Q0.jpg

I think that was at FanExpo Vancouver. Robert Englund was super nice. Line was too big for Bruce Campbell, but his Q&A was something special.

Devastatorsig.jpg