What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

Hubby has been going through 1st season of that Starz "Spartacus" show. He didn't like the first two episodes at all (so he said) but seems to think it's become better/at least watchable, because he's still occasionally watching another episode. **

I've watched bits and pieces and halves alongside, now and then, and from that I have these things to say:

--Jai Courtney is a fairly handsome man imo, but in this series he looks like he belongs on the Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields. :getlost:

--I think Starz put in more frontal nudity (both male and female, they're equal opportunity) and sex than I've ever seen in a drama series, even on HBO or Showtime, to the point of eye-rolling. But hey, at least they're all gorgeous people. 

--I'm really tired of gossipy, jealous female chrs. in these shows. It's like watching teenage highschool comedy film chrs. put within an ancient culture. Boring.

--the acting is well done, the action is brutal/bloody. But I don't think I'll be watching more than those few snippets I catch as hubby watches.

**maybe he just like the girls. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

--Jai Courtney is a fairly handsome man imo, but in this series he looks like he belongs on the Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields. :getlost:

I always think it's funny that I have apparently absolutely no handle on what's attractive to a woman (not that you represent all women, of course) because I can't imagine how any living creature can find him attractive. His head is ridiculously big and round. Like an ogre. I am so distracted by it whenever he's onscreen that it ruins my suspension of disbelief.

:lol:

Jai can have that sort of large head US football look at times. I think he looks best with the dark, almost shaved hair, because it emphasizes his cheekbones and light eyes.  I don't think he's the cutest/hottest guy evah, just that he can be handsome. Also, because he can play guitar and casually sing a song in a voice that doesn't make me totally wince.  :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPpAJbX2PV8

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Length, new thread. Time to turn the page, a fresh start, a new beginning and numerous other cliched phrases.