What are you playing now

On to ME2, I think I might just bail knowing Daddy Issue Missions await.

Malc you have to admit its always better playing an  RPG where you can explore the various Romance arcs?

Nope he doesn't.

Planescape: Torment

Arcanum of Steampunk and Magik Obscura

Vampire: Bloodlines

To name a few.

An engaging story does not need active romantic pursuits for the protagonist to engage in. Romance does not make writing engaging or good just by being present. Good writing is what makes writing good.

Ideally, if the romantic arcs were well written and did not take away resources from other aspects of the game, then, if they weren't forced down people's throats, one could make an argument that it is always better to have more options. But it is not better to play a game with crap on the side just for having crap on the side over one that doesn't have that. After all, most of us here enjoy a good steak, none of us though would ask for the cow to crap next to the plate. (yeah I know, terrible analogy. Just pretend it was said by Al Pacino or someone else who can get away with saying anything in a movie.)

I didn't explain my point properly. I'm not saying you have to have Romance to have an engaging RPG ( but I do think it enhances and makes party interaction more significant ) I am saying if an RPG offers optional Romance its better to partake of them than to ignore them

:)

Let's try another analogy... Would you in real life take part in "optional" romance with someone who is not attractive for you or would you rather ignore it? :p

I bet Bruce will aways take part in 'opinional' romance just to test dialogues and sex scene, and then tell us about it on forums with evaluation on each part :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On to ME2, I think I might just bail knowing Daddy Issue Missions await.

Malc you have to admit its always better playing an  RPG where you can explore the various Romance arcs?

Nope he doesn't.

Planescape: Torment

Arcanum of Steampunk and Magik Obscura

Vampire: Bloodlines

To name a few.

An engaging story does not need active romantic pursuits for the protagonist to engage in. Romance does not make writing engaging or good just by being present. Good writing is what makes writing good.

Ideally, if the romantic arcs were well written and did not take away resources from other aspects of the game, then, if they weren't forced down people's throats, one could make an argument that it is always better to have more options. But it is not better to play a game with crap on the side just for having crap on the side over one that doesn't have that. After all, most of us here enjoy a good steak, none of us though would ask for the cow to crap next to the plate. (yeah I know, terrible analogy. Just pretend it was said by Al Pacino or someone else who can get away with saying anything in a movie.)

I didn't explain my point properly. I'm not saying you have to have Romance to have an engaging RPG ( but I do think it enhances and makes party interaction more significant ) I am saying if an RPG offers optional Romance its better to partake of them than to ignore them

:)

Let's try another analogy... Would you in real life take part in "optional" romance with someone who is not attractive for you or would you rather ignore it? :p

But we aren't talking about RL and Romance. We are talking about an RPG and deeper interaction with party members through a Romance arc :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But we aren't talking about RL and Romance. We are talking about an RPG and deeper interaction with party members through a Romance arc  :)

Quite right: since this is a game, there's even less (reasonable) obligation than usual to have to "interact" with NPCs than usual, eh? :)

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

But we aren't talking about RL and Romance. We are talking about an RPG and deeper interaction with party members through a Romance arc  :)

Quite right: since this is a game, there's even less (reasonable) obligation than usual to have to "interact" with NPCs than usual, eh? :)

Look at you Barti, catching me out with logic :biggrin:

Fair enough, but what about missing out on side quests or content  related to Romance? Do you really want to deny yourself extra gaming time just because of an aversion to Romance, if you think about it honestly Barti you will realize I'm right :wowey:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Look at you Barti, catching me out with logic :biggrin:

Fair enough, but what about missing out on side quests or content  related to Romance? Do you really want to deny yourself extra gaming time just because of an aversion to Romance, if you think about it honestly Barti you will realize I'm right :wowey:

Well in ME, there's none. The "romance" is just them banging you before the Final Mission and/or some maudlin stuff in the case of the Final Final Mission. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Stop making quote pyramids, dammit. <_< Incompetent forum users.

There should be a rule for this in the forum, but the forum quoting system is beyond retarded, so I kind of get why people are reluctant to edit quotes.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Fair enough, but what about missing out on side quests or content  related to Romance?

Away with you, beggar!

Do you really want to deny yourself extra gaming time just because of an aversion to Romance

Yes, correct, that is what I'm saying. I'm not sure where you were given the impression otherwise, to be quote honest. Must I display complete and outright contempt for you to get that? :p

if you don't think about it honestly Barti you will realize I'm right  :wowey:

I made a correction to your message above. :)

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Got my Witchblade up to lev 28 in Grim Dawn.  I wound up finding the pauldrons for the Guardsman's Set, which now gives me 2 pieces of the set, since I already had the big ol' mallet that's part of the set.  I found the entrance to the Steps of Torment, though I didn't go in yet.  That's the big, deep, super challenging, optional dungeon.  I want to clear out everything else before I head in there.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Having an idle return to Crusader Kings 2, fooling around with The Old Gods and the Raj of India...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There should be a rule for this in the forum, but the forum quoting system is beyond retarded, so I kind of get why people are reluctant to edit quotes.

But there's the turn off bbc code where you can easily delete unimportant bits.

QX9U6js.png?1

Surely someone has enough time to click and drag before posting. :o

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Got my Witchblade up to lev 28 in Grim Dawn. I wound up finding the pauldrons for the Guardsman's Set, which now gives me 2 pieces of the set, since I already had the big ol' mallet that's part of the set. I found the entrance to the Steps of Torment, though I didn't go in yet. That's the big, deep, super challenging, optional dungeon. I want to clear out everything else before I head in there.

I believe when I got through all the content available, I was level 30-31. I headed into the Torment Ruins where everything was levels 36-39 and was doing fine after a couple levels but definitely want to explore more

I think I have two pieces of that set as well being the mallet and the helmet. After finishing the content I'm not quite sure if that is all of act 2 or not. It could be but it didn't seem to have a definitive boss like the Warden, not that it has to but the previous content surely had a more definitive end to it but I did enjoy the content just the same.

Very eager to have the full release for this game for sure.

Replaying Planescape: Torment. As always, it floors me how imaginative and just... fun it is. There's almost always something fun awaiting in a conversation. Great stuff.

... Until you get to Curst that is. I've just suffered through that, and the Baator section and ugh. The game takes such a nosedive there. Ah well, just a little while longer (the final bit of Curst) and then it's off to the end-game.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Left 4 Dead 2 fan-made campaigns. In this case The Bloody Moors

I want to slap the pills out of anyone who thinks that the key to making a fun fight is to spawn 2 tanks. There were at least 5 different spots where that happened!

Edited by Nordicus

Still working on ME2.  Haven't decided on who to let die this time around.  Still need to think of a game to play, am looking at Men of War 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still working on ME2.  Haven't decided on who to let die this time around.  Still need to think of a game to play, am looking at Men of War 2

Nobody HAS TO die.  You get the No One Left Behind achievement if everyone survives the suicide mission.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've beaten the game 4 times already (well ok, one was that NG+ or whatever), am trying to do things differently in each one.   Draft choices are Jacob, Jack and Legion.

But there's the turn off bbc code where you can easily delete unimportant bits.

-snip-

Surely someone has enough time to click and drag before posting. :o

TIL

In other news I finally hit diamond in LoL, could have probably done it sooner but I can't bring my self to play more then 2 games most days. Slowly going through W:TNO (but motion sickness too OP), and Transistor is gathering dust (even though I'm almost finished).

Suck it.

Yeah,

I

went

there.

• Like 6

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Suck it.

Yeah,

I

went

there.

:lol:

John Milton 

I LOVE QUOTE PYRAMIDS SO..Suck it. Yeah, I went there.

It's not really about esthetics, it's about ease of reading. Most forums have rules about this.

The problem I run into when I play open world games is I get lost in the various little side missions you can do around the world, and end up forgetting to do the story missions.  That's what I've been doing so far in Watch Dogs.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The problem I run into when I play open world games is I get lost in the various little side missions you can do around the world, and end up forgetting to do the story missions.  That's what I've been doing so far in Watch Dogs.

That's what I did in Skyrim, and i didn't even think they were great. The problem is that when a quest pops up, I want to complete it.

• Like 1