Movies you've seen recently

Tale

I saw Days of Future Past and I did like several of the previous X-Men movies. I loved it. It's the perfect capstone on the original X-Men trilogy and a good First Class sequel as well.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's kind of ambiguous on if Origins was wiped out. Not so ambiguous on Last Stand though.

Saw the latest Xmen movie, it was a fun mix of the old with the new.  Also a pretty crazy storyline, they really are having fun with the 70's in this one.

It could be titled:

X-Men: Mad Men Edition

or

X-Men: White House Down

or

Oliver Stone's X-Men

Just saw the new X-Men

I thought they couldn't use the same characters in the different comic movie universes? Quicksilver in this and in Cap A/Avengers?

Also

Was that Apocalypse after the credits?

Free games updated 3/4/21

Quicksilver can be used because he's also an iconic Avengers character - however, they can't acknowledge him being a mutant or him being the son of Magneto. Current theory on the internet is that they're rewriting him and his sister to be inhumans instead of mutants.

Quicksilver can be used because he's also an iconic Avengers character - however, they can't acknowledge him being a mutant or him being the son of Magneto. Current theory on the internet is that they're rewriting him and his sister to be inhumans instead of mutants.

Apparently it was even more ridiculous when they tried to negotiate having the Oscorp building in one of the cityscape shots of the Avengers movie. 

Apparently it was even more ridiculous when they tried to negotiate having the Oscorp building in one of the cityscape shots of the Avengers movie.

And Shady, yes it was. The next movie is subtitled with that characters name also. 

Edited by Serrano

Based on the Winter Soldier stinger, it looks more like they are Hydra experiments. The MCU could be going the Ultimate route, making mutants the result of genetic experimentation, and based on Strucker referrig to the twins and an "Age of Miracles", mutants could be referred to as Miracles instead. that's my theory anyway.

Also, Edgar Wright left Ant Man over creative differences. Theory is he wanted it more quirky and stand-alone, and Marvel wanted it to fit more with the MCU. I just hope it leads to Hank Pym as Ant Man, not Scott "Who?" Lang.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The showrunner for the Daredevil series on Netflix also left.

The showrunner for the Daredevil series on Netflix also left.

Rumor there is he was offered Ant Man

Devastatorsig.jpg

Superherohype.com and Comicbookmovie.com are where I get most of it. But now it looks like the Daredevil guy left to focus on Sinister Six

Edit: yeah, apparently Goddard left in March to work on Sinister Six, but wrote the firat 2 episodes and is still executive producing. The guy who did Spartacus is running Daredevil now.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Mulan : Legendary Warrior.

The Chinese Epic live action version (not the Disney)...  Some glorious visuals, and soul-tugging music. A few good battle sequences as they go through the 12 odd years of war that saw Hua Mulan become a General. A lot closer to the original tale (and no talking dragon), however it's also wrapped up in the rather standard Chinese Epic Tragic Love story which seems to wander back and forth and at times dominates over the war story.

Even the 'villains' have understandable reasons and good personality presence.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Pompeii - with Keifer Sutherland, Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity from the Matrix), Kit Harrington (Jon Snow from GoT) and Jarred Harris (Madmen and Fringe)

Save your money - don't even bother renting it - total snoozer

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Pompeii - with Keifer Sutherland, Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity from the Matrix), Kit Harrington (Jon Snow from GoT) and Jarred Harris (Madmen and Fringe)

Save your money - don't even bother renting it - total snoozer

I enjoyed it for what it was, a goofy throwback film. It felt like a 1960s historical drama/disaster film.

Saw X-Men Days of Future Past. I liked it, but didn't love it. Felt the end was a bit clunky and the best set-piece was too early in the film (the Pentagon bit). But still enjoyable.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

saw two very similar movies this weekend: 3 Days To Kill and Non-Stop

in 3 Days To Kill Kevin Costner plays Liam Neeson, an aging CIA agent who traded in his family for his job. actually, that was the only reason I wanted to see this thing: to see how Costner would fare. and I have to tell you he did great. his character is not easy to sympathize with, but when the **** hits the fan on screen you just know you're in for a treat, because now Liam Neeson Kevin Costner has to kick serious ass.

a lot of people will go in with wrong expectations, though. because the trailer made the movie look like an action flick, and it barely is. it's a comedy, and Costner is the only source of its comedic moments (he's very good in those, I have found). but apparently Costner and his co-star Amber Heard are the only ones in this production who realize that (and that other dude who acts as comedic relief). the only good dialogue happens between them as well. the director didn't do a very good job with the action moments, the script is full of holes, the plot is retarded. and yet, I had fun, because Kevin Costner.

if you want to hear a few good jokes and a ton of lame ones, see Costner break people with his bare hands, and look under Amber Heard's skirt, this movie is for you.

in Non-Stop Liam Neeson plays Liam Neeson, an aging CIA agent ex-cop who traded in lost his family and now is married to his job. this movie is very interesting, even though it loses steam in the second half.

first part plays out like a crime mystery (like an Agatha Christie's book). Neeson is an Air Marshall on board of an airliner, where he gets a message from an anonymous source that every 20 minutes one person on his plane will die. and then mysteriously people do begin dying one by one. so it's up to Liam Neeson to uncover the plot behind these deaths and figure out how he plays into it all.

like I said, the second half is weaker, mainly because the bad guy looks more like a caricature. but it's still a very fun movie because it is directed so well. initially I just went in to look at Neeson break faces, and he does. but the supporting cast is good, the pacing is near perfect (tension keeps building up, with a satisfying gun fight at its climax), hand-to-hand fights are choreographed very well (as always with Neeson). it's a good movie all around. maybe I'm biased because I liked Passenger 57, but this is the best action movie, set in an airplane, in a very long time. 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Days of Future Past was surprisingly good. It goes a long way in fixing the franchise, but as a result of what it has to do never really comes together as a film about a team. Not the perfect X-Men movie, but a step in the right direction. And the Quicksilver sequence is the best sequence in the franchise since Nightcrawler attacking the White House.

And looking at that post-credits stinger, looks like they're taking on my favourite X-Men villain next. Looking forward to it.