Non-game related Kickstarters

ShadySands

Because I'm so weak and can't resist yet another novelty kitchen gadget

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ylinedesign/a-goose-that-lays-golden-eggs

A hand-powered 'kitchen gadget' that magically scrambles an egg without breaking or penetrating the shell.

eb1ac3694f3bbc6302bca5de07b1b6f3_large.g

• Like 5

Free games updated 3/4/21

A hand-powered 'kitchen gadget' that magically scrambles an egg without breaking or penetrating the shell.

eb1ac3694f3bbc6302bca5de07b1b6f3_large.g

Good idea, nice thread :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I tried it a couple times, you can't really get enough force to break the yolk sack, at least in my experience. I've found scrabled eggs taste better if they aren't perfectly mixed anyway.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Field Guide to Nachos

I, like I'm sure you, have been eating nachos for years, and I, like I'm sure you, love them something fierce. However, my love for them was such that two years ago I started the website Nachonomics in order to spread the good word about the tastiest of foods. Now, a website is all well and good, but what happens when you're out in the field at a restaurant and encounter a strange order of nachos?

THE FIELD GUIDE TO NACHOS

Enter The Field Guide to Nachos, a pocket sized reference to the history, types, and background of the greatest of Mexican delicacies.

READ... The true story of how Ignacio Anaya created "The Nacho" in 1943.
LEARN... How nachos moved from Mexico and spread across America like shredded cheese melting across a pile of chips.
KNOW... the real difference between natural cheese versus pasteurized processed cheese product. It's terrifying.
DIFFERENTIATE... between kinds of popular nachos that are to be found in our modern restaurants.

Why, when you're through perusing this guide there won't be a bit of nacho knowledge that you won't know, other than the unknowable nacho knowledge that man was not meant to know of course. You'll be your choice of the bee's knees, cat's pajamas, or eel's heels! Yes, whip this out at the next restaurant you hit up and you'll be irresistible to any humans you desire, assuming they like nachos that is.

11569fabae0587dd9aed05d9b8c1f8c0_large.j

2bcd410de4cf622968a35ab1155e595c_large.j

THE NACHONOMICON-

4ddd463ccff3b2ccd1569fb8ca1e2e6c_large.j
  • Like 2

I love to improvise and experiment, iirc last time we did anything with eggs in the kitchen involved a huge mess trying to boil them with its shell (I forgot how its called) but I HATE those nifty little gadgets that seem like a good idea at the time, but eventually only pile up and clutter our kitchen drawers. Nedless to say I am not going to support this, and curse on all of you out there who give retarded salad cutters (the only appliance that I was happy with someone gifting us was a damn good coffee maker)

• 2 weeks later...

Signed headshots are sold out. Now I have to back it purely for practical reasons. Where's the fun in pragmatism, I want a Geordi autograph dammit. 

Edit: Wow, I'm pretty sure it jumped a quarter-million in the last hour-ish. My only Kickstarters ever, PoE and RR. 

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I am really looking forward to my Reading Rainbow magnet and t-shirt reward. Although I am tempted by the tote bag as well. I'd totally rock that.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

George R.R. Martin Wants to Kill You for $20,000

oh and save the wolves too

Hi everyone,

It's George R.R. Martin, and I'm here to raise money for the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary and The Food Depot of Santa Fe.

If you make a small donation to my campaign, you will automatically be entered to win an incredible experience. You and a friend will be flown out (from wherever you are in the world) to meet me in Santa Fé, where we'll share a helicopter ride to the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary. 

In addition to touring the Sanctuary together, we'll also have plenty of time to discuss the show, A Song of Ice and Fire, direwolves - and if there's anything you have ever wanted to ask me, here's your chance! 

Thank you for supporting my campaign. I look forward to meeting one of you!

- George R.R. Martin

I've always been fond of wolves... direwolves in Westeros, and real wolves in the real world. US wolf populations hit critical lows during the twentieth century, and finding a way for humans to co-exist with this majestic creatures is an important part of the conservation movement. The Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary is a 501©3 non-profit organization that houses over 60 wolves and wolf-dogs. Most of these animals are rescued, but don't have the skills to survive in the wild because they were raised in captive situations.

I'm also supporting The Food Depot, an amazing local charity that helps the tens of thousands of people in North New Mexico. As the food bank for nine counties, The Food Depot provides food to 135 not-for-profit agencies including food pantries, meal programs, homeless shelters, youth programs, senior centers, homes for the mentally disabled and shelters for battered persons. The food bank distributes an average of 400,000 pounds of food each month, providing more than 500,000 meals to people in need - the most vulnerable of our community - children, seniors, working families and those in ill health.

I can't thank you enough for helping these two organizations that are so close to my heart.

Campaign here

BpYL2tqIEAAjQFN.jpg

Edited by ShadySands

Ohmigodohmigodohmigod new pledge rewards for Reading Rainbow. Special events where you bring your little one to a private children's book reading session, hosted individually by William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, Robert Picardo, Kate Mulgrew, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Jeri Ryan, and did I mention Patrick Stewart!

First round of tickets go up today 2pm PST, more later. Pretty much you have to bring your son or daughter, since of course the whole project is to get kids into reading, so if you don't have any, hurry up and go make one. Trek for the win. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

"Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" sequel "The Lost Skeleton Walks Among Us" is up on Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1911769963/the-lost-skeleton-walks-among-us-larry-blamire-sci

Lost Skeleton was a hoot, one of the best comedy homage to 50s low budget sci-fi/horror films ever done.  The sequel was pretty good as well.  A third time would be great.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

In the tradition of PBS/NPR pledge drives, Seth McFarlane is doing a dollar for dollar challenge up to a million dollars for Reading Rainbow through the end of the campaign. That's pretty damn cool.

http://youtu.be/JBYx3g27u28

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh/posts/890470?ref=email

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle